Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Embarrassed at the basic question, but I just can’t find an answer.

My friends with no status nor an AMEX card that gives them SC access are traveling in First Class LAX-SJD and they are wondering if they have SC access at LAX.

The DL website says you have access on flights to Mexico and most other international destinations as a DeltaOne passenger, but no mention about First Class.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Oakshadow

My friends with no status nor an AMEX card that gives them SC access are traveling in First Class LAX-SJD and they are wondering if they have SC access at LAX.

The DL website says you have access on flights to Mexico and most other international destinations as a DeltaOne passenger, but no mention about First Class.
Yes. All international including those that are only domestic F service get access, excluding the Caribbean.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmm, just noticed they made a recent change to the Delta site in the last few weeks. Many people assumed that FC pax on these flights qualified for lounge access as a "Skyteam Premium Cabin" international flight. But DL has now added clarification text which specifically excludes DL operated flights from that part. Compare before and after. Lounge access benefit still appears to be in place for Skyteam Elite Plus (including DL Medallions) on these flights.

https://web.archive.org/web/20190215...ky-club/access
https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/access

Last edited by xliioper; Mar 26, 2019 at 2:14 pm
Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by LBJ
Hmm, just noticed they made a recent change to the Delta site in the last few weeks. Many people assumed that these flights qualified for lounge access as a "Skyteam Premium Cabin" international flight. But DL has now added clarification text which specifically excludes DL operated flights from that section.

https://web.archive.org/web/20190215...ky-club/access
https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/access
They still get access. This has been discussed ad naesuem regarding flights to Canada. Basically whoever wrote the policy forgot that not all international DL flights have D1. DL corporate and Skyclubs themselves have all confirmed .
Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerCO
They still get access. This has been discussed ad naesuem regarding flights to Canada. Basically whoever wrote the policy forgot that not all international DL flights have D1. DL corporate and Skyclubs themselves have all confirmed .
Yes, I have been part of those discussions and agreed that they should get access previously. But that was before the very recent change to the website which appears to make it clear that they are not entitled to access and have to be on a D1 flight when flying DL for access. Did you bother to look at it? I've looked at that page often enough to know the "(excluding Delta)" part was new and archive.org confirmed it was a very recent change.

Last edited by xliioper; Mar 26, 2019 at 2:24 pm
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Originally Posted by LBJ
Yes, I have been part of those discussions and agreed that they should get access previously. But that was before the very recent change to the website which appears to make it clear that they are not entitled to access and have to be on a D1 flight when flying DL for access. Did you bother to look at it? I've looked at that page often enough to know the "(excluding Delta)" part was new and archive.org confirmed it was a very recent change.
Have I actually stumped FT?

According to the just-changed DL website, it specifies D1 passengers, with no mention of any other class, get SC access if they're flying DL Canada or Mexico flights. But there are no D1 seats on any of those flights. Not even the premium JFK-MEX seats are considered D1, just FC.

I've noticed JFK-SNN flights highest class is PS! Will the JFK lounge dragons tell the passengers who plopped down thousands of dollars for the best seats on the plane to get lost?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:30 am

There have been zero reports of passengers with F tickets to Canada or Mexico being denied club entry and many reports of success. So, it's probably just bad info on the website.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have I actually stumped FT?

According to the just-changed DL website, it specifies D1 passengers, with no mention of any other class, get SC access if they're flying DL Canada or Mexico flights. But there are no D1 seats on any of those flights. Not even the premium JFK-MEX seats are considered D1, just FC.

I've noticed JFK-SNN flights highest class is PS! Will the JFK lounge dragons tell the passengers who plopped down thousands of dollars for the best seats on the plane to get lost?
Did you look at the before and after shots on the web site I posted? There was much discussion on this issue recently as a number of people noticed that "Sky Club" was no longer showing on their BP for trans-border F flights to Canada. However, there had been absolutely no changes to the website wording, so many questioned whether there had been an actual change in policy (including myself). Now, post these discussions on FT, there has been an actual change on the Delta website in the last few weeks. See how they added the words "(excluding Delta)"? See the date on the archive.org snapshot? Given this update on the website, this certainly implies an actual change in policy. As I noted, the previous wording left it somewhat ambiguous as these Delta flights could be considered "SkyTeam Premium Cabin" international flights and apparently Delta did previously qualify them on that basis. The wording change pretty much removes any ambiguity by adding the words "(excluding Delta)".

Last edited by xliioper; Mar 27, 2019 at 10:58 am
Old Mar 27, 2019, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
There have been zero reports of passengers with F tickets to Canada or Mexico being denied club entry and many reports of success. So, it's probably just bad info on the website.
Originally Posted by LBJ
Did you look at the before and after shots on the web site I posted? There was much discussion on this issue recently as a number of people noticed that "Sky Club" was no longer showing on their BP for trans-border F flights to Canada. However, there had been absolutely no changes to the website wording, so many questioned whether there had been an actual change in policy (including myself). Now, post these discussions on FT, there has been an actual change on the Delta website in the last few weeks. See how they added the words "(excluding Delta)"? See the date on the archive.org snapshot? Given this update on the website, this certainly implies an actual change in policy. As I noted, the previous wording left it somewhat ambiguous as these Delta flights could be considered "SkyTeam Premium Cabin" international flights and apparently Delta did previously qualify them on that basis. The wording change pretty much removes any ambiguity by adding the words "(excluding Delta)".

These responses are contradictory. I did look at and compare the screenshots. As it's technically written starting from I guess a few days ago, it seems now SC access is NOT to be granted on DL Canada and Mexico flights (unless any of them happen to be labeling the premium cabin "Delta One" which none are).

While there might have been zero reports of FC passengers being denied SC access, perhaps this will change as the wording of the website has just changed. It would be nice if there can be reports of those who got in or not starting from only a few days ago. I've been unable to give my friends a definitive answer. They'll try in about a week and a half and I'll report the outcome here.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

These responses are contradictory. I did look at and compare the screenshots. As it's technically written starting from I guess a few days ago, it seems now SC access is NOT to be granted on DL Canada and Mexico flights (unless any of them happen to be labeling the premium cabin "Delta One" which none are).

While there might have been zero reports of FC passengers being denied SC access, perhaps this will change as the wording of the website has just changed. It would be nice if there can be reports of those who got in or not starting from only a few days ago. I've been unable to give my friends a definitive answer. They'll try in about a week and a half and I'll report the outcome here.
It wouldn't be the first time DL makes a policy change without updating all the relevant wording. The website still says general member companions aren't eligible for C+ upgrades on linked reservations even though that has been shown to be patently false. Also, AM F flights would qualify, so keeping Mexico in there would have some relevance. This is the first time the change to the website has been noted here, so it's not unusual to see discrepancies. Also, the word will likely take some time to filter out to clubs, so I'm sure there still be cases of people have success getting in due to agents being un-aware of the new policy.

Last edited by xliioper; Mar 27, 2019 at 1:48 pm
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: SPEBSQSA
No Canada/Mexico in SLC

Since it has not been yet reported, SLC club is denying access to Canada and Mexico First passenger unless you have a membership.

She was nice and let me in anyway.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AZ_MISMAN
Since it has not been yet reported, SLC club is denying access to Canada and Mexico First passenger unless you have a membership.
Unless you are on a SkyTeam flight (excluding Delta) it has to be Delta One international flight, not first, right? I mean unless you are GM (Elite+) or higher in which case cabin is irrelevant. Or am I missing something?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AZ_MISMAN

I noted the change to website about this a few posts above this one a couple weeks ago.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by defrosted
Unless you are on a SkyTeam flight (excluding Delta) it has to be Delta One international flight, not first, right? I mean unless you are GM (Elite+) or higher in which case cabin is irrelevant. Or am I missing something?
For many years DL applied the Skyteam rules for "premium cabin" passengers and permitted FC pax on Canada/Mex/Central America/etc. (but not the Caribbean) flights to enter the Sky Clubs even those these aren't D1 flights. They recently updated the website a few weeks ago (see change above), to specifically exclude DL operated flights from the Skyteam rules for lounge entrance for premium cabin pax. So, unless you are a DL Skyteam Elite Plus, you can now only enter the lounges when you are in a D1 cabin on DL operated flights.

Last edited by xliioper; Apr 11, 2019 at 9:43 am
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LBJ
For many years DL applied the Skyteam rules for "premium cabin" passengers and permitted FC pax on Canada/Mex/Central America/etc. (but not the Caribbean) flights to enter the Sky Clubs even those these aren't D1 flights. They recently updated the website a few weeks ago (see change above), to specifically exclude DL operated flights from the Skyteam rules for lounge entrance for premium cabin pax. So, unless you a DL Skyteam Elite Plus, you can now only enter the lounges when you are in a D1 cabin on DL operated flights.
Understand and agree. I think I misunderstood the point of the post I quoted. I thought they were confused about no entry, but upon further review perhaps they were just being the first to report the change is being enforced. As mentioned earlier someone has said there was ZERO reports of this being enforced. Looks like that is no longer the case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.