Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2017, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Xeno
The point I must now pursue is if my unbranded corporate PL AMEX will give me SC access so I can select something else as one of three DM choice benefits. I used DM for access at the MCO SC.
Ok, so to be totally clear:

When you are flying DL, your unbranded corporate Platinum Amex charge card will provide:
- Free DL SC access for whoever's name is on the card
- $29 per person per entry access for up to two companions who enter with whoever's name is on the card

No discussion of any other Amex cards, Priority Pass, memberships, or other access methods is necessary or relevant for the above points to be true.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Sorry if there was confusion with my post upthread regarding free guests for Priority Pass through AMEX Plat. I assumed that you would be using The Club since Delta SC is not part of Priority Pass. In ATL F, the SC and The Club are directly across from each other, so it shouldn't be out of the way to visit the latter. I have no idea where either are located at MCO.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
When I am flying, I sometimes fail to discern details so the misinterpretation was my fault alone.

The MCO Club is not far from DL's departure gate but we were so late that my spouse did not want to both. ATL F Club is very close to the SC but I simply prefer the SC and wanting to spend the 3 hours there for various reasons.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 8:42 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond
Flying YVR > SLC > LAX > HNL

non premium cabin as of now.

we are GM

will we be able to use the lounges the whole way home or just the YVR to SLC leg?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cboy

we are GM

will we be able to use the lounges the whole way home or just the YVR to SLC leg?
You should be able to use it the whole way.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cboy

we are GM

Whole way as STE+ No access at HNL upon arrival.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by WWads
You should be able to use it the whole way.
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Whole way as STE+ No access at HNL upon arrival.

Thanks guys!
Old Aug 5, 2017, 11:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG plat ambassador
How do they define the same-day international connection rule for overnight connections? As Platinum Elite on DL itinerary HNL-ATL-VCE, do we have Sky Club access in HNL, even though it departs HNL the day prior, as it is an overnight into ATL and then we connect to the Venice flight?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dodger 1k
How do they define the same-day international connection rule for overnight connections? As Platinum Elite on DL itinerary HNL-ATL-VCE, do we have Sky Club access in HNL, even though it departs HNL the day prior, as it is an overnight into ATL and then we connect to the Venice flight?
Yes you'll get access. Same day has a slightly different meaning with DL. They will let you in 1)if the connecting flight is a D1 flight (meaning you're on a through fare) or 2)if on separate fares, that the D1 flight is within 24 hours of you showing up.

Basically DL doesn't screw you like AA when you have an overnight connection. DL looks at your origin/destination as a whole when on one fare. AA OTOH would deny you access at HNL even if connecting on one fare to LHR, if LHR is next day.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Basically DL doesn't screw you like AA when you have an overnight connection. DL looks at your origin/destination as a whole when on one fare. AA OTOH would deny you access at HNL even if connecting on one fare to LHR, if LHR is next day.
This may not be of interest in the DL forum, but I would note that AA let me in the HNL Admiral's Club when flying business class to Barcelona on an overnight connection to my mainland gateway airport.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Does anyone else find it crazy that I need to pay the FULL PRICE of $29/visit for my 6 1/2 year old child to go into the club with me. I guess paying it for my wife and I, but for her? I mean, some sort of discount would be nice, no?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Does anyone else find it crazy that I need to pay the FULL PRICE of $29/visit for my 6 1/2 year old child to go into the club with me. I guess paying it for my wife and I, but for her? I mean, some sort of discount would be nice, no?
$29 is NOT full price. $59 is full price. $29 is a discounted rate for those that qualify.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Richard1148
This may not be of interest in the DL forum, but I would note that AA let me in the HNL Admiral's Club when flying business class to Barcelona on an overnight connection to my mainland gateway airport.
The difference though is an agent is granting an exception to be nice. You're not entitled to it. All because the late hour of departure means your connection is the next day.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:28 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
You won't find much sympathy here, a lot of people wish that Delta would prohibit your kid from coming in at all.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I don't.

Suppose DL allowed kids under 8 in for free. The very next day we'd see this exact post, except it would say "8 1/2 year old child" instead.

DL actually has pretty clear rules for who must pay what to access the clubs, and it is perfectly acceptable (desirable, in fact) for them to consistently enforce said rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.