Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Club beverage changes confirmed by DL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club beverage changes confirmed by DL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2013, 7:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by rylan
I'll have to check with the BOS skyclub when I'm there again soon.

Anyone remember the 'luxury bar' discussion threads? Several of us expressed alarm/concern that the "premium" booze would mean that the free stuff would get downgraded and replaced with swill such as Gordons. Guess we were right.
I just hope they serve the Gordon's in half pint bottles and paper bags, so we can fully enjoy this exciting new enhancement...
Old Apr 22, 2013, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by rylan
I'll have to check with the BOS skyclub when I'm there again soon.

Anyone remember the 'luxury bar' discussion threads? Several of us expressed alarm/concern that the "premium" booze would mean that the free stuff would get downgraded and replaced with swill such as Gordons. Guess we were right.
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
While I was assured by someone in the SC management that this would not happen, my fear has always been that once they started selling "premium" stuff, that the free stuff would be downgraded to cheap industrial swill.
Virginia Ave has a remarkable penchant for underestimating the length of our memories.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Virginia Ave has a remarkable penchant for underestimating the length of our memories.
While I generally agree with that sentiment, I don't believe that Gordon's makes anything but Gin and Vodka. That said, Gordon's is owned by Diageo, which owns quite a few brands. So perhaps they are partnering up with Diageo for their spirits selection... While most of the higher end stuff won't be complimentary, most of the stuff a rung up from the bottom isn't terrible:

Diageo Products
Old Apr 22, 2013, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
I just hope they serve the Gordon's in half pint bottles and paper bags, so we can fully enjoy this exciting new enhancement...
Somewhere, some enterprising young DL MBA is on the internet researching the hobo's tale that you can filter antifreeze through a loaf of bread and drink it without poisoning yourself... or your loyal customers.

Last edited by StayingHomeIsBetter; Apr 23, 2013 at 10:46 am
Old Apr 22, 2013, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by High Technology
While I generally agree with that sentiment, I don't believe that Gordon's makes anything but Gin and Vodka. That said, Gordon's is owned by Diageo, which owns quite a few brands. So perhaps they are partnering up with Diageo for their spirits selection... While most of the higher end stuff won't be complimentary, most of the stuff a rung up from the bottom isn't terrible:

Diageo Products
If so, since Diageo markets Tanqueray, they can leave Tanqueray in the clubs.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by High Technology

Diageo Products

Indeed Bulleit and Pimms would be welcome (and unlikely) additions!
Old Apr 22, 2013, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by timmy83
So would Guinness.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by timmy83
Bulleit you already have access to... if you want to pay $8.00.

I'd want to see a calibration on the jigger.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
You're more likely to see Hamms or Beast.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 9:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
How long until Delta just fills up a cooler with Hawaiian Punch and Gordons vodka along with a stack of red solo cups? With everything else Delta has done it seems they just keep on chasing lower clientele.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare:20636295
How long until Delta just fills up a cooler with Hawaiian Punch and Gordons vodka along with a stack of red solo cups? With everything else Delta has done it seems they just keep on chasing lower clientele.
No no...for this level of clientele they need to skip the Gordon's and just go straight to Everclear or 151. That's how DL execs do it down in the dirty.

Also, this thread title had me terrified that they'd gotten rid of Woodford on board. That would be true mayhem.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
At least the Everclear would taste better than Gordons
Old Apr 22, 2013, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by gooselee
Also, this thread title had me terrified that they'd gotten rid of Woodford on board. That would be true mayhem.
On the inflight food thread someone is reporting that they might be removing glenlivit from onboard. . .
I wonder if there is a big change coming system wide re: liquor service.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton
So I don't care as long as there's no bartender.
That will never happen in IND since there are laws against it.
Originally Posted by stevekstevek
Was just in the IND club a couple of weeks back. Woodford is of course key, but the rest of the club was pretty tired -- especially the glassware, which was all so cloudy it all just looked dirty. I'm not picky, but I invited a couple of guests in, and it was pretty embarrassing.

So, if the new plan is to have tired worn, stained furniture, large crowds, worn out glassware, and lousy liquor.. It might be the better experience is to just go to the bar at Applebee's in-between flights, no?
Are we talking about the same place? This is probably one of the lesser traveled SkyClubs in the system. I apparently haven't looked to the nitty gritty like you but as far as I am concerned it still looks like the day it opened.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 9:51 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
If the "premium bar" just charged the typical difference between well crap and what they sell, I'd be less upset.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.