Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK T4 Phase II

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2013, 6:35 pm

Programs: DL DM
In terminal 3 now and this place is getting to be like a ghost town. Stores empty with others running sales so they don't have to move inventory, that's if they will also operate out of terminal 4.

Had an interesting conversation with a longtime sky club agent and I asked if terminal 2 will cease to exit in 5 years and they said much sooner. So, if this person is "in the know" somehow then there's a good reason the walkway between 2 and 4 was scrapped.

Now the only question is are airlines moving out of 4 to other terminals that can handle international arrivals or will there be more construction going on.

It would be great to have all operations at JFK to all be in one terminal and a fairly new one at that too.
Old May 19, 2013, 7:54 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SNAGuy
In terminal 3 now and this place is getting to be like a ghost town. Stores empty with others running sales so they don't have to move inventory, that's if they will also operate out of terminal 4.

Had an interesting conversation with a longtime sky club agent and I asked if terminal 2 will cease to exit in 5 years and they said much sooner. So, if this person is "in the know" somehow then there's a good reason the walkway between 2 and 4 was scrapped.

Now the only question is are airlines moving out of 4 to other terminals that can handle international arrivals or will there be more construction going on.

It would be great to have all operations at JFK to all be in one terminal and a fairly new one at that too.
There were theories on another airline board that DL is indeed working with the Port Authority to move some airlines around and get more T4 space for themselves...and that this would lead to the death of T2 within 2-3 years.
Old May 19, 2013, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by vatraveler
There were theories on another airline board that DL is indeed working with the Port Authority to move some airlines around and get more T4 space for themselves...and that this would lead to the death of T2 within 2-3 years.
I was in JFK T2 yesterday, on my way to DFW. I had a short conversation with the agent in the SkyClub who told me that the rumors he has been hearing is that currently DL is planning to keep T2 operating for about another 8 to 10 years.
Old May 19, 2013, 8:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
I was in JFK T2 yesterday, on my way to DFW. I had a short conversation with the agent in the SkyClub who told me that the rumors he has been hearing is that currently DL is planning to keep T2 operating for about another 8 to 10 years.
That's a long time to force people to use the shuttle bus between terminals. So much for DL winning NYC unless they expect other airlines such as the merged AA/US to really mess up.
Old May 19, 2013, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
That's a long time to force people to use the shuttle bus between terminals. So much for DL winning NYC unless they expect other airlines such as the merged AA/US to really mess up.
Agreed. And even without the airside shuttle, T2 is about as dreadful a facility as can be imagined...
Old May 19, 2013, 8:40 pm
Suspended

JetBlue is moving its remaining flights out of T4 and into T5i which is not finished yet. How many gates would this alone free up? Also British Airways is a huge player at T7 and it will be moving to a new pier at T8 in all likelyhood so that frees up a lot of space at Terminal 7.

So I do predict T2 will get phased out when other construction projects are finalized.
Old May 19, 2013, 8:41 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Doubtful.
Old May 19, 2013, 8:50 pm
Suspended

Immigrations and customs will be added to T5i and it gets 3 new gates as well.

So I guess that is 3 gates additional for Delta/Delta SkyTeam at T4 as well as a less congested Immigrations and customs line.

JetBlue's entire operations will be at T5/T5i. Delta's entire operations will be at T4 as soon as other carriers like JetBlue vacate the terminal. I don't know if they need new construction or not further than what is announced after other carriers vacate.
Old May 19, 2013, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
T2 will go away sooner than that. The reason for the new buses is because they couldn't justify the expense of a connector that would only be in use for 2-3 years.
Old May 20, 2013, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, former DL Gold
Just to clarify that security will be moved to before the concourse A/B divide? Does that mean SQ/LX/KL/VA/VS will all share the same security checkpoint? Also, the Oasis lounge, Swiss lounge, Virgin Clubhouse will all be after security now along with the new T4 SC?
Old May 20, 2013, 10:48 pm
Suspended

Location: No longer spreadin' into your seat... down 187 pounds and at goal!
Programs: Delta360; DL Private Jets; Former KFC Golden Bucket
Originally Posted by nycflyer75

ENTRANCE SKY PRIORITY - no sign up yet

GLASS VIEW OF SKY PRIORITY
What is the Sky Club hut thingy? Sorry, I can't get the right orientation. It looks like you walk into the front door of the terminal and it's straight ahead on the right towards the T4B concourse.

But what is it? It appears to be a glass wall on one side due to the metal rod along the bottom near the floor. If so, do you walk around it to get into the Sky Priority check-in area? If so, what's in it, the self service check-in kiosks?

Thanks.
Old May 20, 2013, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by fattieonboard
What is the Sky Club hut thingy? Sorry, I can't get the right orientation. It looks like you walk into the front door of the terminal and it's straight ahead on the right towards the T4B concourse.

But what is it? It appears to be a glass wall on one side due to the metal rod along the bottom near the floor. If so, do you walk around it to get into the Sky Priority check-in area? If so, what's in it, the self service check-in kiosks?

Thanks.
That's not the Sky Club, it's the Sky Priority area. From the curb you will see that large red wall over the masses in the regular lines and walk all the way back to that area. To the right of that glass wall structure is the Sky Priority check in area. That structure helps funnel SP people as they complete check-in and turn right to a dedicated security area or up to the SkyClub. The main security area is to the left of that glass structure.

Hopefully it will all make sense once you see it.

My only concern is the need for a chute or rope line from the curb doors back to that large red Sky Priority wall, but I'm told DL will monitor the need for that.
Old May 21, 2013, 12:00 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM, DL reserve, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
It has already been moved when I was there last weekend. Oasis lounge and all other lounges are now behind security. There's about 12 security lanes for all airlines using terminal 4.
Old May 21, 2013, 8:21 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Wonder if they are still on track for a 5/24 opening or running. There has been a rather silent period after a barrage of emails/notices and a quick scan of a few 5/24 flights show them leaving from T3
Old May 21, 2013, 8:39 am

I think DL has been pretty clear and consistent that Friday is opening day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.