Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK T4 Phase II

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2013, 10:42 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM, DL reserve, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by N830MH
Wow! It's so beautiful! I really like it lots.

How many MMW do they have? How many TSA checkpoint lanes? Is that more than 5 or 10 checkpoint lanes?
I would say around 10 or more. They only had two open this morning with long lines with about 30 TSA standing around to perhaps start at 5:30am or 6am.
What does MMW stand for?
Old May 10, 2013, 10:49 am

Programs: SPG-Gold
Nice, looking forward to getting there on June 7th travels.
Old May 10, 2013, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
this is disturbing because someone else said they saw a SkyPriority / First Class line. Hopefully you just missed it and it hasn't been removed.
While the terminal has been under construction, there has been no first class/priority lines (this terminal is not Delta only). It will have priority lines once they open the new screening area.
Old May 10, 2013, 12:21 pm
[INACTIVE] Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N830MH
Wow! It's so beautiful! I really like it lots.

How many MMW do they have? How many TSA checkpoint lanes? Is that more than 5 or 10 checkpoint lanes?
Hi all - there are 12 lanes open currently and we hope to have an additional 4 (grand total of 16) open by the end of May.
Old May 10, 2013, 12:31 pm

Programs: Hub Captive Club
Originally Posted by nycflyer75
What does MMW stand for?
MMW = Millimeter wave scanners at security.
Old May 10, 2013, 2:25 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by DLCorpGalNYC
Hi all - there are 12 lanes open currently and we hope to have an additional 4 (grand total of 16) open by the end of May.
While there may be 16, I assume in typical TSA fashion only 3 will actually be in service at peak times
Old May 10, 2013, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by DLCorpGalNYC
Can we get a confirmation whether or not PREcheck will be available? AA has had it now for months at JFK.
Old May 10, 2013, 2:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by bennos
While there may be 16, I assume in typical TSA fashion only 3 will actually be in service at peak times
which has nothing to do with delta.
Old May 10, 2013, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by smachiz
While the terminal has been under construction, there has been no first class/priority lines (this terminal is not Delta only). It will have priority lines once they open the new screening area.
That was initially true - a couple weeks back though someone confirmed that the first class line showed up
Old May 10, 2013, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
That was initially true - a couple weeks back though someone confirmed that the first class line showed up
Wasn't there on 5/2 for sure. In fact, they had a lot of signs apologizing for the fact that there wasn't a premium passenger lane while they were under construction.
Old May 10, 2013, 3:35 pm
[INACTIVE] Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Originally Posted by COnned
Can we get a confirmation whether or not PREcheck will be available? AA has had it now for months at JFK.
Delta does not control where TSA places pre-check lanes. We have certainly expressed our desire to have pre-check at the new T4, but as of now I do not have a definitive answer on whether or not TSA will grant that request. When I hear a definitive answer, I will let you all know either way.
Old May 10, 2013, 8:47 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, DL reserve, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Notice in the Sky Magazine today there is a symbol for Precheck for JFK. They have new layouts back of the magazine for the airports and which cities have Precheck. We will all soon find out in 2 weeks
Old May 11, 2013, 12:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nycflyer75
Notice in the Sky Magazine today there is a symbol for Precheck for JFK. They have new layouts back of the magazine for the airports and which cities have Precheck. We will all soon find out in 2 weeks
I think the whole TSA screening system needs to be thrown out the window. It also encourages baggage theft as well unfortunately. We need a profiling/trusted flyer based system.
Old May 11, 2013, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by adamj023
I think the whole TSA screening system needs to be thrown out the window. It also encourages baggage theft as well unfortunately. We need a profiling/trusted flyer based system.
not to get too OT here, but going back to the way it was (ie airlines pay a contractor company) would make things better.

TSA is completely worthless.
Old May 17, 2013, 6:28 pm

PreCheck only just became relevant for international flights last week. So, we probably have to give TSA some time to adjust their plans for JFK to match this development.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.