Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schmoops
Figured a highly collaborative effort like this needs a wikipost. As items and codes are confirmed, let's centralize them in one place rather than thumb through hundreds of discussion posts.

How to pull your information
Log into your SkyMiles account at Delta.com, then visit this link: https://www.delta.com/databroker/bcdata.action

What the items indicate
v01: Closest airport to home address (encoded using key 1)
v02: Country of residence
v03:
v04: Preferred departure airport/city (encoded using key 2)
v05: Language
v06: discSpndngAmt, in thousands
v07: Skymiles status level
v08: State/province (encoded using key 2)
v09: Pay with Miles eligible
v10: sunTrstInd
v11: prefDestCity
v12: MQS
v13: Hotel loyalty programs stored in DL.com profile (encoded using key 2, see post #829)
v14:
v15: Income, in thousands
v16: Current age + 99
v17: 1/2/3 MM Status
v18: Home value, in thousands
v19:
v20: SkyClub member
v21: SkyMiles account number
v22: Experian Mosaic segment (encoded using keys 1 and 3, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913445) Description here and Segment Details here
v23: Saved search destination airports (encoded using key 1)
v24: SkyClub renewal date (coded using key 3)
v25: Saved payment information (encoded using key 1) AND SPG status (encoded using key 1, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913463)
v26: Gender/prefix (1=male/Mr, 2=female/Ms/Mrs, 3=Dr/other) (to be confirmed)
v27:
v28: SkyMiles account number with 3 leading zeros (called "CustID" in previous data)
v29: Logged in (SM account)
v30: Customer Value Score (Questionable, and scale is unknown)
v31: RDM balance
v32: Dream trips from DL.com profile (encoded using key 2)
v33: MQM balance
v34: Activities & Interests from DL.com profile
v35:
v36:
v37:
v38:
v39: ?? Duplicate for Language ??
v40: ?? Duplicate for Country of Residence ??

Encoding

Three different coding keys are used for variables 01, 04, 08, 13, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 32. For full mappings, click here: Keys 1, 2, and 3
Print Wikipost

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by Ti22
In your text/word editor add a return after every comma.

Did you see the link for the Mosaic nonsense couple pages in IIRC?
Just found it.

Some info is correct, some is way off. Income is decades old. When I have time I'll compare it to Mrs. TrojanTraveler...we're both DMs and have similar travel habits, will be interesting to see if it lines up.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:38 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My mosaic is funny too. I wonder if they assigned these based on zip codes.

Now I'm curious what AmEx privacy policy is about sharing financial data with DL. Of course DL knows if we have a DL affiliated card attached to our FF account and they know about any other cards stored in our profile or that we've used to pay for tickets with our FF number. I would hope that AmEx doesn't share our financial data with outside merchants, even if there is a tight relationship. Of course, much of this is puuclicly available, but it would seem to be a lot of work to fill in this data for every FFer from online databases. (For example, home values would be part of country tax records in many jurisdictions, although there can be a disconnect between appraised and market value.)

Could CustValSeg be our spend so far this year on DL tickets, excluding taxes, in thousands of dollars? That could explain mine, or mine might be my segments last year on M+ fares, but that seems like a very imperfect way to evaluate customers.
I don't have an Amex and haven't applied for an Amex in the past 20 or so years, so the financial data reported for me could not come from Amex. My financial data is wrong. My DiscInc seemed to match last year's DL spend.

My house value does not match my Zillow value, but I just checked and it does match the tax value assigned by DeKalb County Georgia. (Atlanta in DeKalb, if that helps someone make rhyme or reason of the numbers.)
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:41 am

Programs: All of the Above
Any rhyme or reason yet on what FL stands for?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mudpuppy
Seems like a lot of discrepancy in the incomeAmt based on what I'm reading here. Mine would be 50% too high.

Perhaps incomeAmt is the income you provide to delta? If so, multiply the number by $100 and it sounds pretty close to what I spent on Delta in the past year.

discSpendingAmt in my case is exactly the same as what I spent on my DL Amex last year.

cobrandcard is AXCV, I have the reserve card

I am GM, listed as FL mindset, custValSeg of 0, moasicCd of N46. I'm a segment qualifier, fly a lot of short segments in the eastern US.
AXCV seems to be the Reserve card (I wonder how they invented that abbreviation) and AX means a non(DL)affiliated AmEx card.

My incomeAmt might well be what my income was (in thousands) when I first applied for an AmEx at the end of graduate school.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:42 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
If they are going to profile me at least profile me with the right information.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
Yes. The data in here seems to be very badly done.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
And depending on how their formulas work, they can get wrong scoring/targeting. For example, if the customer value score is related to the income figure, and that's way off, then the value score would be off. My guess is that there is another source of income data, as least for the Mosaic score...I could not be "jet set elite" with the income that they have listed.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:47 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Thanks, I was able to save in word. Hard to read, you're right...

My Mosaic is A06. Trying to figure out what that means.
I'm an A06, too. We are Jet Set Urbanites: http://classic.demographicsnow.com/T...0Urbanites.PDF
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by mudpuppy
Perhaps incomeAmt is the income you provide to delta? If so, multiply the number by $100 and it sounds pretty close to what I spent on Delta in the past year.
That appears to be pretty accurate for me too.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by DavidAL
Any rhyme or reason yet on what FL stands for?
It is noteworthy that NOBODY FROM DL has found a way to leak the answer to that onto this thread. Is it that guarded a secret that even those who know would not dare to risk getting caught?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by ShopAround
I'm an A06, too. We are Jet Set Urbanites: http://classic.demographicsnow.com/T...0Urbanites.PDF
Very fascinating, thanks for sending! The overall description is correct, but I only have about 4 or 5 of the 10 listed traits...
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:54 am
k2

"custValSeg":"52"
"mindsetSeg":"GT"

I didn't get a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue, so the cutoff for that is a higher custValSeg.

I do not have an AMEX card of any kind, so they're not pulling data from there.

Last edited by k2; Jan 25, 2013 at 8:53 am Reason: disclose AMEX status
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Ti22
Forum active users list should be seeing some DL hits soon, 9:20am.

Somebody's got some 'splaining to do!
I wouldn't hold your breath... companies are extraordinarily sensitive when it comes to the data they collect on their customers and how it is used for marketing purposes.

Like the Target example... someone at the New York Times talked to a statistician working for Target and wrote the following article which includes a story where Target figured out a high school aged girl was pregnant even before her parents did, and started sending her targeted advertisements. The girl's father angrily demanded to know why Target was mailing his daughter such things, only to come back to the store hat in hand a few weeks later after he had a few talks with his kid. Target freaked out after the article was published and there wasn't much more comment from them. Apparently they want to be stealthily creepy, not just creepy, which isn't far off from how many companies treat their customer analytics because of public opinion.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/19/ma...ted=1&_r=2&hp&

Last edited by javabytes; Jan 25, 2013 at 8:03 am
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:55 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by steex
GT - Global Traveler; North American medallions who earns MQM primarily through intercontinental travel
I'm GT and the bulk of my travel is TATL so this works...

Added:

As mudpuppy speculated, my Income figure x 100 is close what I spent on DL (may be MQD)

skyClubFtrCntrctInd":"Y" --> I had purchased a 3 year SkyClub extension about 6 months before I became DM

Last edited by TheMadBrewer; Jan 25, 2013 at 8:23 am
Old Jan 25, 2013, 7:56 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
My income to DL is also much higher than my real income.
DL has me at a MUCH-lower income than I make. Like 80% less.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.