Wiki Posts
Search

How Much Are FT'ers Worth To Delta?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond

So here is the bottom line. For the next 30 days I challenge FT'ers to post how much they spend on their tickets and services on Delta. The purpose of this exercise is to give an idea of how much revenue FT'ers are responsible for any given month. Would really like to keep this thread centered around the requested data above and not a hotbed to discuss everything else. On 10/26/2012 all the totals will be added up and posted here.

Edited to clear up confusion. Only include total amounts for travel completed between 9/25/2012 and 10/25/2012. If you purchased a ticket last month and finished up travel on 9/26/2012 you should include the full amount. I just want to get an idea of our FT value over a small period of time. It doesn't have to be exact. As long as your travel ends within the month specified you should include it.

Please avoid putting other comments in this thread.

Format Example:

$412 (RT completed 9/25/2012)
$14 - Woodford Reserve

$426 total

Last edited by WesNSpace; Sep 25, 2012 at 1:23 pm
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL 1MM/DM, SPG Platinum, Pete's Brass Rail & Car Wash Beer Club
Originally Posted by WesNSpace
Format Example:

$412 (RT completed 9/25/2012)
$14 - Woodford Reserve

$426 total

$815 (RT completed 9/23 JFK-LAX)
Old Sep 25, 2012, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by BoeingGuy
$815 (RT completed 9/23 JFK-LAX)
A lot

A lot
Old Sep 25, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred/Companion Pass, Amtrak Select, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Will have to play next year-As a segment flyer, I can't rollover segments, so I'm staying where I am at 62 segments for Gold next year, and flying another airline the rest of the year for status. If DL is interested in that, I just booked 2 flights on Frontier at around $1,200 total for next week.

Rather be Delta GM and Frontnier Summit next year, with no rollover, than Delta GM and a few thousand MQM's to rollover and end the year with 90+ segments.....
Old Sep 25, 2012, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Paddlenpedal
Will have to play next year-As a segment flyer, I can't rollover segments, so I'm staying where I am at 62 segments for Gold next year, and flying another airline the rest of the year for status. If DL is interested in that, I just booked 2 flights on Frontier at around $1,200 total for next week.

Rather be Delta GM and Frontnier Summit next year, with no rollover, than Delta GM and a few thousand MQM's to rollover and end the year with 90+ segments.....
Thanks - but this really doesn't help with the effort of this thread.

Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
A lot

A lot
Ha- thanks but that doesn't really help show how much FT'ers are worth to Delta.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Challenge accepted. I think I kept all the receipts - my wonderful DL Platinum AMEX
Old Sep 25, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
$374 (JFK-LAX R/T) T Fare
$962 (JFK-SFO R/T) Work sponsored, last minute H w. SWU Success
~$25 Skyclub monthly renewal
$1553 (JFK-LHR-JFK) (I fare, purchased but flying 11/12)
$329 (JFK-LAX) (U fare)

This is all out of pocket aside from the work trip. Most of my status is earned on my dime - this month, it hurts! Especially with AF/KLM SWU uselessness.

Total: $3243
Old Sep 25, 2012, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I buy tickets months in advance so don't remember the cost of this month's STR and SVO trip + next month to GVA, but over the weekend I paid over $8.3K for JNB and FCO. All these are M/SWU tickets.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 1:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by WesNSpace
Thanks - but this really doesn't help with the effort of this thread.

Ha- thanks but that doesn't really help show how much FT'ers are worth to Delta.
I average $1k a week these days and I have been known to have a cocktail or two...
Old Sep 25, 2012, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, National Executive, SPG Gold, Global Entry, NEXUS
9/28 LGA-MSP-LGA - 1253.60
9/30 JFK-LAS-JFK - 853.60

I'm running roughly 1k/week on average on travel, 95% domestic US, 5% Canada. Should be PM by October. Might make it to 100k by EOY.

2 of 38 on upgrades (JFK-SEA-JFK got bumped to BE)
Old Sep 25, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Hi Wes, understand why you chose those dates but this arbitrary one-month period may be misleading. For example, just got back from one trip. That equals zero in your calculation. Heading out Monday on a trip to Asia for over a month. Since I won't be back until after 10/26, another zero.
If you want to 'cheat' and stretch this out another 10 days, then it would be over $7K.

Point being, neither is typical, just a brief quirk in time. Better to look at an entire year to minimize events like this.

Last edited by Sez_Who; Sep 26, 2012 at 1:42 pm Reason: fixed
Old Sep 25, 2012, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL KM (charter)
How many of these, 'how much do you spend' threads will there be? There was one a few weeks ago.

Jesus. Just whip 'em out and measure 'em. I got a tape measure, boys.

Staff members from DL peruse this forum all the time; they should be well-aware of the FT contribution to DL revenues.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 2:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by immiLawyer
How many of these, 'how much do you spend' threads will there be? There was one a few weeks ago.

Jesus. Just whip 'em out and measure 'em. I got a tape measure, boys.

Staff members from DL peruse this forum all the time; they should be well-aware of the FT contribution to DL revenues.
Yup. Even if a couple of thousand people post actually truthful numbers, that's a drop in the bucket. This stuff is anecdotal. If you think that DL Marketing doesn't do focus groups where it seeks participants who represent each aspect of the business from HVC's in paid F to kettles who fly themselves in checked luggage, you are sorely misunderstanding large for-profit businesses.

DL knows more about its flyers than its flyers know about themselves.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt

$333 YUL-JFK-YUL (L)
$3,250 JFK-TLV-JFK (Z) (client paid for that)
$560 YUL-ATL-YUL (S)
$9,976 ATL-JNB-ATL (C) (client paid for that, last minute)

So that's $14,119 from a *Gold traveler who is now mid tier on Delta as well.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL,AA SPG Plat
Dca-jfk-dca 9/28-9/29

dca-dtw-ord-dtw-dca 10/12-10-14

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.