Wiki Posts
Search

How Much Are FT'ers Worth To Delta?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2012, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by immiLawyer
How many of these, 'how much do you spend' threads will there be? There was one a few weeks ago.
Jesus. Just whip 'em out and measure 'em. I got a tape measure, boys.
Staff members from DL peruse this forum all the time; they should be well-aware of the FT contribution to DL revenues.
I've got 12" but I don't use it all as a rule
Old Sep 25, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Platinum (Life), Emirates Gold,GHA Black
10-1 DXB r/t $9955.70. Client paid
10-7 LAS r/t $1140.20. I paid
Old Sep 25, 2012, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I've got 12" but I don't use it all as a rule
You must have missed a decimal in your metric conversion...
Old Sep 25, 2012, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thomas hudson
you must have missed a decimal in your metric conversion...
rotflmfao:d
Old Sep 25, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
I don't get these threads, it doesn't matter.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors
$800 (09/23 - 10/05: Rt gdl)
$290 (10/06 - 10/09: Rt sju)
$7500 (10/18 - 11/03: Rt dxb)
Old Sep 25, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL DM
I don't get these surveys either. Everyone thinks they (as an individual) are important. Reality is very few people or group of people will be large enough to make a difference to any airline. $10,000 is not a huge amount of money in the airline industry. Some people spend that time and again during one year on one ticket! Now, if you are General Motors and General Mills or a corporation like that, you can make a difference (as a corporation).
Old Sep 25, 2012, 4:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
I don't get these surveys either. Everyone thinks they (as an individual) are important. Reality is very few people or group of people will be large enough to make a difference to any airline. $10,000 is not a huge amount of money in the airline industry. Some people spend that time and again during one year on one ticket! Now, if you are General Motors and General Mills or a corporation like that, you can make a difference (as a corporation).
These surveys do not mean much, but there certainly is a value to higer rev customers as a whole. As a person who has a few years in the business world, having my fingers on the pulse of my market and customer base is important. How Delta does it is their business. Though I think the data from this site may be a little customer skewed, I'd be willing to bet that you can tell which way the wind is blowing...
Old Sep 25, 2012, 7:34 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
The CNN and Coca Cola accounts mean far more to DL than the aggregate of everyone in this forum. Corporate travellers don't care about dysfuntional IT, and the attendant false promises of fixing it, or the constant stealth degradation of the SkyMiles program.

Delta just isn't into Flyertalk members; look how many "ambassadors' have been announced here who quickly go back to their real jobs as TUG drivers with nary an interaction with the SkyMiles forum.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 8:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sabai
The CNN and Coca Cola accounts mean far more to DL than the aggregate of everyone in this forum. Corporate travellers don't care about dysfuntional IT, and the attendant false promises of fixing it, or the constant stealth degradation of the SkyMiles program.

Delta just isn't into Flyertalk members; look how many "ambassadors' have been announced here who quickly go back to their real jobs as TUG drivers with nary an interaction with the SkyMiles forum.
Not as a group, but I think there are enough on here to get the vibe on what customers are tinking about things. Obviously, the jewel and medal/metal tiers mean something to them else they would not put effort into them.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

$980.30 MCI-MAN RT 9th Oct
$268.20 MCI-PBI/RSW Open Jaw 6th Oct
$ 193.20 MCI-SFO MR mileage run 20th Oct
Old Sep 26, 2012, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL ♦, Marriot Plt, NATL EE
Originally Posted by Often1
Yup. Even if a couple of thousand people post actually truthful numbers, that's a drop in the bucket. This stuff is anecdotal. If you think that DL Marketing doesn't do focus groups where it seeks participants who represent each aspect of the business from HVC's in paid F to kettles who fly themselves in checked luggage, you are sorely misunderstanding large for-profit businesses.

DL knows more about its flyers than its flyers know about themselves.
Is this the (in)famous W fare now?
Old Sep 26, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Depends on how many of them sign of for DL AMEX
Old Sep 26, 2012, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
A lot

A lot
Way more than this guy.

Way more than this guy.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
I don't get these threads, it doesn't matter.
Well ignore them and move on :-) Some people are interested

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.