Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by fyodor
Way more than this guy.

Way more than this guy.
nu uh!
Old Sep 26, 2012, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by WesNSpace
So here is the bottom line. For the next 30 days I challenge FT'ers to post how much they spend on their tickets and services on Delta. The purpose of this exercise is to give an idea of how much revenue FT'ers are responsible for any given month.
Even if there were 1,000 users who spent $1,000 per month on average, that's still less than 0.04% of the monthly passenger revenue of DAL.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 7:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sbjnyc
Even if there were 1,000 users who spent $1,000 per month on average, that's still less than 0.04% of the monthly passenger revenue of DAL.
Do you think flyertalkers are a unique market segment?
Old Sep 26, 2012, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
Not unique but perhaps more informed? I would suspect they tend to have higher status and are more familiar with legit gaming techniques. Correlation but not necessarily causal. Nonetheless unrecognized by Delta in terms of priority.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 7:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bicostal
Not unique but perhaps more informed? I would suspect they tend to have higher status and are more familiar with legit gaming techniques. Correlation but not necessarily causal. Nonetheless unrecognized by Delta in terms of priority.
Ya, I do not necessarily think that FT posters could say go on strike or boycott or whatever. I do think that people in the industry and at Delta get some anecdotal items from here and can certainly use it to see how the wind blows. I flew for a long time before I stumbled on this site and already learned a lot of things I read on here, though mostly I learned it the hard way...
Old Sep 26, 2012, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Ya, I do not necessarily think that FT posters could say go on strike or boycott or whatever. I do think that people in the industry and at Delta get some anecdotal items from here and can certainly use it to see how the wind blows. I flew for a long time before I stumbled on this site and already learned a lot of things I read on here, though mostly I learned it the hard way...
Originally Posted by Bicostal
I think that FT'ers have a unique prospective of the industry and while I'm more than sure Delta has ran some estimates on what the average FT'er spends I would like to know myself. No priority or threats of boycott or any of that I just want to know what October looks like from a spending prospective. It appears others are interested in this as well based on some of the message I have received.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
I only have the next 2 weeks booked so far:

$446.42
$564.38

small beans* compared to the International J flyers.

*but I did get the Porsche ride a few weeks ago!
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:09 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Traveller
small beans* compared to the International J flyers.
There is definitely a key component not being asked for here... how profitable was the purchased fare? If I tell you that I spent $1,800 this week, you don't know if that was a loss-leader bargain intl fare or a rip-off expensive domestic fare.

I had a $1,300 domestic H fare that I had to rebook the return same-day for a $350 fare difference to an M fare and a $150 change fee. This is typically a <$300 r/t fare, so the rest was pure profit.

Spending is meaningless if Delta thinks FTers are all low-margin customers.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:40 pm

Unique? Probably. Significant? Perhaps not. Anyway, I think instead of total revenue, a better measure is the average yield of FTers.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sbjnyc
Unique? Probably. Significant? Perhaps not. Anyway, I think instead of total revenue, a better measure is the average yield of FTers.
I guess my point is people who post and read on here are not all that different than other FFers. There is a pretty wide scope for sure, but I think all flyer talk does is make you a bit more educated on the process. I do not think it significantly changes what makes you like and dislike Delta, so, with that said, the pulse of what folks on here think on a certain subject may well not just be isolated to this environment....
Old Sep 27, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: Delta KM, United 1K, SPG plat
CID-SJC RT 09/30 - $603
DSM-DFW RT 10/22 - $643
CID-YYZ RT 10/10 - $700
CID-SFO RT 11/05 = $281 (yeah I know!!)
Old Sep 27, 2012, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
70 segments, roughly 20 trips, in the range of $10K so far year-to-date.

Company policy is lowest available fare, and my policy is also lowest available fare, so if DL switches to a revenue-based reward system I'm pretty much screwed.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 4:14 pm
mdb

A lot

A lot
More than him.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Not as a group, but I think there are enough on here to get the vibe on what customers are tinking about things. Obviously, the jewel and medal/metal tiers mean something to them else they would not put effort into them.
Except that FTers don't think anything like the other 99.9% of Delta passengers. The majority of Delta flyers don't give a flying crap about the award calendar, for example.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by vxmike
The majority of Delta executives don't give a flying crap about the award calendar, for example.
Fixed that for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.