Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pauly_long
Please post links to content which includes photographs in this discussion — along with a brief description of the photograph included in each link...

...and by brief, I do not mean underwear.

Please use the format below for consistency purposes. Date and chronological order might be helpful as well. Thank you.

Trashed Airplane Garbage and trash filled the seats of an Airbus A332 aircraft after the conclusion of a Philadelphia Eagles charter flight from Seattle to Philadelphia last year. Photograph posted by FlyerTalk member tod701 on December 12, 2013.

To save some time searching, photos are in posts (please update wiki when you post a new photo): 28, 93, 123, 164, 205, 278, 279, 286, 297, 303, 310, 321, 330, 410, 415, 418, 419, 444, 468, 483, 486, 495, 510, 529, 568, 577, 588, 606, 620, 632, 644, 661, 673, 675, 693, 708, 709, 716, 752, 773, 786, 873, 887, 907, 914, 917, 922, 934, 953, 967, 987, 998, 1006, 1013, 1019, 1025, 1029, 1032, 1036, 1037, 1058, 1067, 1107, 1131, 1137, 1151, 1159, 1163, 1179, 1201, 1243, 1246, 1249, 1268, 1279, 1295, 2028, 2235, 2237, 2240, 2241, 2936
Print Wikipost

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by defrosted
Wow, just wow. Jokes on her though, that floor and wall is disgusting.
Originally Posted by Tine Rod
you think she cares?
Dude looks like a lady?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Howste
Dude looks like a lady?
Man bag looks like a purse?
Regardless of the gender identification, this person is perhaps making a statement as to whom that space belongs. Some have argued in other threads that this space is not to be used by the passengers aft of the space. Many people lay down in protest... perhaps it is an angry FT'er?
tigers2007 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: EconoLodge Gold BedBug Elite
Originally Posted by Tine Rod
The reviewer watched as the cabin crew neatly rolled old used blankets and restaged then on the seats for the new pax 🤢🤢🤮
Ahhhhh that was normal practice when I worked as a baggage slammer for Mesaba Aviation like 16 years ago. Hell, who do you think cleaned the planes? Certainly not a professional cleaning firm. The Regional's get paid by the big Major's based on completed flights. We would rip through those Saab 320's, Avro RJ85's, and CRJ's like it was nobodys business. Two of us could "clean" a CRJ in about three minutes. The FA would wipe down the lav in about 20 seconds (use the same paper towel that wiped the toilet seat clean to wipe down the sink). Our cleaning would consist of stuffing magazines back into the pockets and criss crossing the seatbelts. Any trash that the FA failed to get prior to landing was picked up in the fastest possible manner. The pillows and blankets would be immediately repurposed unless they were obviously soiled. Yuck. I never NEVER touched an aircraft pillow or blanket again (as a traveler) after learning how it was done. Buy your own aircraft-style blanket at WalMart for $5. Buy two and roll it up and use it as a blanket.

There is nothing like relying on a couple of hungover goof-ball college kids to "clean" a regional airliner. I bet it is no different today.

Oh man I could tell almost endless stories about the lav-service dudes getting blue baths and also the nasty "potable water" servicing ... ughhh... They should bug-bomb those aluminum tubes between flights. And this is in 'Murica!
FlyingNone, rickg523 and Tine Rod like this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 7:48 am

I have a friend who does yoga in the aisle on overnight flights while people are sleeping. In fact she'll be flying across the pond on the 11th. She is the picture of health. Is this considered a disgusting act? Just askin' as it really wouldn't bother me as long as I can get to the bathroom. I'm not one to critque other people on every little thing, if things don't effect me, I'm good.

Another friend of mine who spent 35 years as first class attendent told me the planes are flithy, wear a mask, bring sanitizer, touch as little as posible.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: EconoLodge Gold BedBug Elite
Originally Posted by Swanky Safari
I have a friend who does yoga in the aisle on overnight flights while people are sleeping..
I wish people would just remain in their seats unless they are moving from point A to point B. The old birds who roam the cabin to avoid blood clots is fine so long that they're not slamming shoulders and falling on pax or BLOCKING the aisle. Doing "yoga" or "praying" or "resting" in places that take up most-of or entire transit areas is ridiculous. I dealt with this heavily in the Middle East and would charge right through them as emptying my bladder certainly trumped their pretentious maneuvering in the middle of the aisle or right in front of the lav door areas. Blows my mind how the airlines there won't just take out a couple rows to setup a prayer/reflection area in the back of the tube. I'll have to digress here. My alma mater made an accommodation about 15 years ago or so so the kids would refrain from washing their smelly dogs in the sink where only paws belong. It certainly raised an uproar in the community but I was 100% for it as I was quite disgusted by wanting to wash my hands after... washing my hands.
FlyingNone, strickerj and mendezka like this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
Originally Posted by defrosted
They made a very stern announcement at one of the DTW Skyclubs last week about keeping your shoes on AND keeping them off the furniture.
Wish they had done that at RDU yesterday. This young “lady” decided a seat and a table wasn’t enough so she went for the seat, table AND the next seat while people were looking for an empty spot.

Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by tigers2007
[left]

Ahhhhh that was normal practice when I worked as a baggage slammer for Mesaba Aviation like 16 years ago. Hell, who do you think cleaned the planes? Certainly not a professional cleaning firm. The Regional's get paid by the big Major's based on completed flights. We would rip through those Saab 320's, Avro RJ85's, and CRJ's like it was nobodys business. Two of us could "clean" a CRJ in about three minutes. The FA would wipe down the lav in about 20 seconds (use the same paper towel that wiped the toilet seat clean to wipe down the sink). Our cleaning would consist of stuffing magazines back into the pockets and criss crossing the seatbelts. Any trash that the FA failed to get prior to landing was picked up in the fastest possible manner. The pillows and blankets would be immediately repurposed unless they were obviously soiled. Yuck. I never NEVER touched an aircraft pillow or blanket again (as a traveler) after learning how it was done. Buy your own aircraft-style blanket at WalMart for $5. Buy two and roll it up and use it as a blanket.

There is nothing like relying on a couple of hungover goof-ball college kids to "clean" a regional airliner. I bet it is no different today.

Oh man I could tell almost endless stories about the lav-service dudes getting blue baths and also the nasty "potable water" servicing ... ughhh... They should bug-bomb those aluminum tubes between flights. And this is in 'Murica!
Yes, I saw this on my last mainline flight. Cleaning by the FA consisted of putting on rubber glovers, dumping half of a bottle of vodka on the toilet seat, the other half in the sink, and wiping with a paper towel. I am well aware that DL does not clean their a/c between flights and I always comment in the post flight surveys about how disgusting they are.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, AA-Gold, DL-Plat
Saudi Airlines took out, I'd say, 3 rows from the middle section of their planes for prayers. They even put curtains around the area for privacy. Obviously they have more reason to do it because most of their clientele are Muslim.

Originally Posted by tigers2007
I wish people would just remain in their seats unless they are moving from point A to point B. The old birds who roam the cabin to avoid blood clots is fine so long that they're not slamming shoulders and falling on pax or BLOCKING the aisle. Doing "yoga" or "praying" or "resting" in places that take up most-of or entire transit areas is ridiculous. I dealt with this heavily in the Middle East and would charge right through them as emptying my bladder certainly trumped their pretentious maneuvering in the middle of the aisle or right in front of the lav door areas. Blows my mind how the airlines there won't just take out a couple rows to setup a prayer/reflection area in the back of the tube. I'll have to digress here. My alma mater made an accommodation about 15 years ago or so so the kids would refrain from washing their smelly dogs in the sink where only paws belong. It certainly raised an uproar in the community but I was 100% for it as I was quite disgusted by wanting to wash my hands after... washing my hands.
tigers2007 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I've actually had a departure out of ATL delayed this year because 'a passenger got sick on the plane' for the previous flight and apparently there is a second level biohazard clean-up crew if it gets really bad. (And I was not the only person checking their seat cover while boarding to see if it looked too shiny and new)
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
The worst I ever had was probably 10 or so years ago flying LAX-SLC in First. This was the old 757 "bench" seats where the seat was continuous with a large arm rest divider but the seat itself continued underneath so it was nearly one piece of plastic. I sat down and immediately noticed a certain odor as did the row in front and behind who kept looking around to locate the source. As we taxied, I realized that the smell would follow 5-10 seconds after my seat hummed ever so slightly. It took another few minutes before I realized the women next to me would pass (terrible) gas, I would feel it in the seat, then we would all smell it. Thankfully it was a short flight, but it only stopped for 20 minutes in flight when she fell asleep. Humorously I only knew she was awake again because the vibration and smell would return.
luv2vacay likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by DLATL777
The worst I ever had was probably 10 or so years ago flying LAX-SLC in First. This was the old 757 "bench" seats where the seat was continuous with a large arm rest divider but the seat itself continued underneath so it was nearly one piece of plastic. I sat down and immediately noticed a certain odor as did the row in front and behind who kept looking around to locate the source. As we taxied, I realized that the smell would follow 5-10 seconds after my seat hummed ever so slightly. It took another few minutes before I realized the women next to me would pass (terrible) gas, I would feel it in the seat, then we would all smell it. Thankfully it was a short flight, but it only stopped for 20 minutes in flight when she fell asleep. Humorously I only knew she was awake again because the vibration and smell would return.
Fascinating. I've been told that I continue to fart even while asleep, and this is why I am not entitled to any of the covers during the night.
defrosted likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
You know those TV screens in front of the bulkhead seats?

Someone was using their feet to operate them. So gross.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
Originally Posted by fliesdelta

What? Do you have a video?
JTE458 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fliesdelta

Unless the person had no arms... this is gross.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Old Hickory
What? Do you have a video?
LOL! Or maybe he has a scroll wheel that goes up a ways in a thread?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.