Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles Change Rumor?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:04 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
I am one of them, however, I will sometimes leave YVR on a Saturday so that I can get in more cnx on a paid business trip to get to my destination.
And, sometimes, my GF tags along.
So now we are adding more to the equation - you use the bottom fare buckets and fly as many segments as you can at non peak times. How valuable are you? No offense meant at all, just saying it for argument's sake - I DON'T KNOW where I would fall in such a system.

Originally Posted by javabytes
Why does DL run promos where you can earn Plat with 6 segments then? If they're out to kill a monster, let's not look too far past the fact that this is one of their own creation...
TOTALLY agree with you. WHY!?!

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM, Starwood SPG Platinum, Hilton HH Honors, UA MP Silver, EK Skywards Silver
No steps forward, and two steps backwards is never a good thing.

Assuming that no steps forward would happen with this situation. I'd like to think that DL has a few intelligent people in charge of all this that would not allow this to happen, but who knows.

Remember friends, we're not just a bigger airline...we're a better airline.

Excuse my sarcasm.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
Is that the "Elite's" fault or Delta's?

This will work out real well for me as I fly shorter mile and higher $ fares... but I wonder when the lower fare elites leave what it will do to the availability of lower fares come the time I book? Low fare elites keep planes full enough to get those high $ fares when capacity is such. There are a ton of elites who help push fares up. Are new ones and kettles going to just jump in and fill that void?
^^
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by hfly
AC which essentially has no network carrier competition in its entire country?? About as useful as using ANZ as an example.

I see a lot of people making up a lot of things in this thread, some of it frankly, kooky and crazy. My prediction is that if any changes are made they somehow mirror what I posted in my first post on this thread.
Domestic/transborder it has WS/PD
Internationally it has as much competition as everyone else.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by stylo4444
No steps forward, and two steps backwards is never a good thing.

Assuming that no steps forward would happen with this situation. I'd like to think that DL has a few intelligent people in charge of all this that would not allow this to happen, but who knows.

Remember friends, we're not just a bigger airline...we're a better airline.

Excuse my sarcasm.
To conjure up other imagery from the commercials... you take off into the wind. So does that make us what DL pushes against in order to lift off? Not sure I like that, but the shoe fits...
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by bubbashow
So now we are adding more to the equation - you use the bottom fare buckets and fly as many segments as you can at non peak times. How valuable are you? No offense meant at all, just saying it for argument's sake - I DON'T KNOW where I would fall in such a system.
Sometimes I can't, due to fare rules.
LAX-JFK UA
'Travel must be nonstop'
It's not that me + my boss have spent more than $10k across 3 carriers, and my +1 at least $3K.
Plus, she doesn't travel that much, so she does like being able to fly more segments with me. She is AA GLD but uses my stickers when she doesn't have enough.

Last edited by AA_EXP09; Mar 19, 2012 at 6:14 pm
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by javabytes
Same way you convince someone that dihydrogen monoxide is a major component of acid rain and should be outlawed.
don't you just love hydrated hydronium hydroxide (aq)
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:09 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Natl Exec Elite, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diam
TOTALLY agree with you. WHY!?!
Something about attracting with honey... Who knows if that business flyer turns out to mostly purchase Y/B/M? And, with the new system, they potentially drop out of meeting qualification requirements sooner.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by doubleA
Indeed... Though don't know if they login everyday, no history and never bothered to check before:

General Information
Last Activity: Today 10:56 pm
Referrals: 1
SkyMilesInsider is a far more frequent lurker than poster, and is actually a fairly regular visitor.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by goodandclassy
No carrier (US or worldwide) wants these types of flyers (well, maybe ryanair). BUT, can you sustain a route network and frequency with only ybm+ flyers?

how come ryanair is not used by many business travelers? oh, it goes nowhere and it operates one flight a day.

the cheap flyers play their role in the game - by filling the gaps when there aren't enough ybm. folks. lose those and lose the network.
If this rumor is true, DL isn't losing those flyers...it will just be rewarding them less. I think most people have no idea how their frequent flyer is comprised. Most won't know the reduction in accrual, MQM qualification, or redemption. If you have to fly DTW-SEA, and you need to do it efficiently, you NEED to take DL.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If this rumor is true, DL isn't losing those flyers...it will just be rewarding them less. I think most people have no idea how their frequent flyer is comprised. Most won't know the reduction in accrual, MQM qualification, or redemption. If you have to fly DTW-SEA, and you need to do it efficiently, you NEED to take DL.
AS isn't a bad option either.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you have to fly DTW-SEA, and you need to do it efficiently, you NEED to take DL.
Or US.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
[QUOTE=AUDirt;18230999] HSV was the fourth most expensive airport in the country last year and I suspect a lot of those high-priced fares went into DL's pocket as profit (as opposed to airport fees).QUOTE]

Not on topic I appologize but wanted to fly in and out of there so did it for
25K CO FF miles via IAH to AUS
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:18 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by SteveinA2
You clearly do not know how much a private jet costs
Comparing this to private jet cost is nonsensical

Callit a freq flyer plan but it's primary goal is to drive revenue for delta, you can argue tactical short term or long term revenue based on loyalty but it all comes down to dollars
I have flown DL Private Jets, I know precisely what they charge for the service and what one gets in return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.