Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2016, 6:36 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
The problem is the people who act like this aren't mortified because they don't care or are completely oblivious to what others are seeing about them.
They must have missed that day in Miss Hotchkiss' Charm School
Old Dec 20, 2016, 6:50 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I obviously need to apologize for my wicked FANTASTIC sense of humor - or I should have used a big grin smiley icon
Why haven't we met?!?!?

Old Dec 20, 2016, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by davetravels
HEAVENS to BETSY!!!!!!!
I'm calling the police.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Occupationalhazard
Why would he? Because she has a vagina instead of a penis and is therefore entitled?

He does't seem to be the person creating the disturbance...and if it was the wife in FC and the husband creating the scene, nobody would be going on about how she should give up the upgrade to her husband, because that goes against the cultural narrative.

From the description of her, when the FA suggested that she'd get bounced if she didn't get to her seat, I can only imagine the husband quietly thinking "PLEEEEZEGEZUSSGAWDYES!!! DO IT!"

Ask the woman making an issue of it. @:-)

But it does seem that he was utilizing an upgrade that was personal to him from the airline. Perfectly legitimate. Again, from the description, some time away from the better other half might be just what he wanted.

As between me and the Significant Hazard, my upgrades are mine alone, which makes sense insofar as (a) they are earned by me, and (b) makes sense given our relative dimensions; she's svelte and I'm built like a nose tackle.

That said as a "WFBF" guy, when we travel together, I would have made arrangements for her to be seated in the window seat next to me, looking pretty, sipping wine, and looking at women like the wife described and thinking, "Pfft. What's her problem?"

Should any of us be surprised?

I thought your bon mot quite wickedly funny!

O/H
Sometimes being in love with another guy has its pluses.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 8:26 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Tizzette
I do not understand why a man would take his family on vacation and then go sit by himself in FC. He sets himself above his wife, which is not how a good husband and family man would act. As father and head of the household, it is his role to take care of his wife and kids. You often see men who fly a lot giving their upgrade to their wife or girlfriend, which is so manly and gallant.
Perhaps for those stuck in another century or for someone who is rather anachronistic in nature. This sounds like a scene from a 1950s sitcom repeating on Me TV.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I do not understand why a man would take his family on vacation and then go sit by himself in FC. He sets himself above his wife, which is not how a good husband and family man would act. As father and head of the household, it is his role to take care of his wife and kids. You often see men who fly a lot giving their upgrade to their wife or girlfriend, which is so manly and gallant. Although the woman's behavior over the top, I can see why she was upset, but it is her husband who slighted her, not the airline.
I don't care about the whole gender hierarchy, but if your wife is making a ridiculous scene, you should give up your seat to your wife so she would shut up.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 8:38 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by jspira
Perhaps for those stuck in another century or for someone who is rather anachronistic in nature. This sounds like a scene from a 1950s sitcom repeating on Me TV.
Very much this.

But to be fair: in a family/relationship where one person travels much more, that person is also likely to be upgraded much more often. At least for me, I'm happy to "trade" my upgraded seat since I'll get to "experience" first some other time, but my S.O. probably won't. (We would usually try to stick together, but that can be hard to arrange when on separate tickets due to living in different locations.)
Old Dec 20, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
The more of these types of posts I read . . . . .

@:-) I think I'll remain single!

Old Dec 20, 2016, 9:06 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
The more of these types of posts I read . . . . .

@:-) I think I'll remain single!

Yep, I think I'll follow suit.

(and.. no.. FlyerCO, don't dare think any further)
Old Dec 20, 2016, 9:26 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Occupationalhazard
The important thing is not to experience a failure in one's romantic (and travel!) partner selection process.

As far as the Significant Hazard is concerned, travel plans take care of themselves. She also understands that traveling with me is a privilege, not a right, she is quite happy with the results, and she wouldn't dream of throwing the kind of tantrum this woman did, thus, she remains the incumbent S/H. :-:

O/H
Thanks for the relationship therapy, all definitely true.

Can we have another session?

In all seriousness though, totally agree with what you said here and frankly I think all this feminism and PC culture crap has gone way too far (but, that's more OMNI/PR stuff, so I wont get into that here)
Old Dec 20, 2016, 9:30 pm

Where'z that rant thread....about mindless, pathetic thingz... ???........

People who use the multi-quote function for more than 2 quotes.

Old Dec 20, 2016, 9:32 pm

Where'z that rant thread....about mindless, pathetic things... ???........

What about more than 2 quotes? Sure they're the same quote, but does that really make a difference?

---

Again, well done Dave

Last edited by TheLifeOfA_NKCM; Dec 20, 2016 at 10:14 pm Reason: Got to it before the Grammar-nazis even had a shot -ha!
Old Dec 20, 2016, 9:36 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
I do not understand why a man would take his family on vacation and then go sit by himself in FC. He sets himself above his wife, which is not how a good husband and family man would act. As father and head of the household, it is his role to take care of his wife and kids. You often see men who fly a lot giving their upgrade to their wife or girlfriend, which is so manly and gallant. Although the woman's behavior over the top, I can see why she was upset, but it is her husband who slighted her, not the airline.
Originally Posted by jspira
My immediate thought was Ward must have been hard on the Beaver last night.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 9:39 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
I do not understand why a man would take his family on vacation and then go sit by himself in FC......
My husband and I have an agreement, if one of us ever get upgraded we take it without thinking twice or thinking about the other. We fly J so its not a big deal but if he refused a Suite/The Apartment upgrade, I would call him an idiot.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Osmo
My husband and I have an agreement, if one of us ever get upgraded we take it without thinking twice or thinking about the other. We fly J so its not a big deal but if he refused a Suite/The Apartment upgrade, I would call him an idiot.
Especially for thexample apartment. Two could be comfortable sleeping even up there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.