Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2011, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by CaseyN2
You can't be from NYC, if you wher a real New Yorker the guy would be flat on his ... in front of the counter.
+1
Old Aug 4, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: Miles&more, SPG, Hyatt
Part of it is correct. However if a FO gets upgraded at window he/she would be on a confirmed "FIRST" class ticket rather than a Y ticket. I'm saying that a FO having a confirmed Y class ticket is not eligible for it. I really dislike FOs who want to use SP lines when they are not upgraded. It usually ends up being me kicking them out of the line, sometimes with significant efforts. The wrong part is that selecting exit rows does not give one SkyPriority access. My FO friend had tried this when flying, and it had never worked.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 7:55 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by mtkeller
Are the AF maintenance strikes still ongoing? Seems like that might impact DL if they don't have their own maintenance base at CDG.
I flew into CDG this morning and have been here in the AF 2F lounge for a while and everything is pretty quiet - no sign of aggravated pax with cancelled flights.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 8:04 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Choice Hotels Plat, Avis First, AMEX MR Plat
Originally Posted by hansyuwiwb
Part of it is correct. However if a FO gets upgraded at window he/she would be on a confirmed "FIRST" class ticket rather than a Y ticket. I'm saying that a FO having a confirmed Y class ticket is not eligible for it. I really dislike FOs who want to use SP lines when they are not upgraded. It usually ends up being me kicking them out of the line, sometimes with significant efforts. The wrong part is that selecting exit rows does not give one SkyPriority access. My FO friend had tried this when flying, and it had never worked.
+1. I've never heard of exit row automatically granting Skypriority.

Queing at CDG is almost non existant unless there are ropes and attendants herding people like cattle.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
On just about every flight I have selected an exit row this year as an FO, I have been given automatic Sky Priority access...the boarding pass confirms it when printed out as well.

Can any other FO's confirm they are getting SP access on exit row as well? Perhaps its not consistent and the airport/plane type, etc have something to do with it? All I know is it works for me..

Here we go:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-fo-coach.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-messages.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ty-glitch.html

Last edited by Winkdaddy; Aug 4, 2011 at 8:43 am
Old Aug 4, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
I don't understand why you were in line at all. I just call the DM line. No muss. No fuss. I have never stood in one of those lines. Even when I was just a Plat.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by mtkeller
At most non-hub airports, FOs can use the SkyPriority check-in counter even if they're sitting in the back. The hubs seem to have separate FO desks.
The FO's don't have a separate check in counter at DTW. Or at least not at the small check in area at the top of the escalator by the garage just before the bridge. It's been a while since I used the main terminal to check in but I don't recall seeing an FO line there either.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: DL DM, Hhonors DM, SPG Plat, National EE
I think something to the effect of, "If you cut in front of me, I doubt either one of us will be allowed to get on a plane today."
Old Aug 4, 2011, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by flyingdesigner
I'm on line (yes, I'm from NYC) at the Delta Ticketing counter at CDG a few moments ago trying to avoid a route thru AMS to get to JFK today. It was a zoo -- I guess several DL flights got cancelled this AM - not sure what that was about. Anyway, in the SP lane and there are about 4 people behind me. We've were in line for about 40 min while the folks in front of us got their issues sorted. Not complaining because the regular line had about 150 people in it. So, I'm about to get called and this guy cuts the line to just behind me. The folks he cut started complaining and the cutter pulls out his plat card and says something along the lines of 'I've got this so I can cut in front of you all.' We all started complaining to him, and then he cut us all to the counter. We were all ahoo to the agents who basically shrugged their shoulders. I was next in line so I said to the agent serving him, 'you know, there are people who've been on line a lot longer than him...' Same response. So I said to the guy. 'I'm sure your mother is proud of your behavior right now.'

I mean, seriously...
That happened to me twice, CDG and HKG.

I slip my DM card up my sleeve, pull it out of my sleeve in front of TA and the PM, and called out "Trumped" with a big grin.

I know at HKG the check in is contracted out, wonder is it DL staff, AF staff or contractor at CDG.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by ShopAround
I flew into CDG this morning and have been here in the AF 2F lounge for a while and everything is pretty quiet - no sign of aggravated pax with cancelled flights.
There are no passengers airside when flights are cancelled, Thus the peace and quite.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 11:48 am

Programs: DL, AA, UA, HHonors Gold
I hate to burst your bubble, but we FO's do get access to the SP check-in line. Even without an upgrade.
http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about_...ance/index.jsp
Old Aug 4, 2011, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by bdheini
I hate to burst your bubble, but we FO's do get access to the SP check-in line. Even without an upgrade.
You get access to a Silver/Elite/MVP line, which happens to be shared with a Sky Priority line at most non-hubs. I dare you to try to use the SP line in ATL, JFK, DTW, or especially MSP.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: DL PLAT MM SC Lifetime
Originally Posted by aslanlab
I think something to the effect of, "If you cut in front of me, I doubt either one of us will be allowed to get on a plane today."
^

Perfect!
Old Aug 4, 2011, 1:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by tvnwz
I don't understand why you were in line at all. I just call the DM line. No muss. No fuss. I have never stood in one of those lines. Even when I was just a Plat.
+1 I've learned when flying Skyteam to Europe that you call the Delta Medallion line...especially if you are flying KLM, they could give a rats ... about your ordeal.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Well, this might be a good use of the metal DM luggage tags after all... slashing DYKWIA's PM/GM/FO membership cards into little pieces!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.