Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2011, 12:18 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
Was the guy with the canceled flight actually saying things like "I'm a Platinum and I deserve better treatment" or was he just taking up the one agent's time?

While I wouldn't pull a DYKWIA, I wouldn't walk away until my mystery bump situation was settled. As someone said here, the issue is with DL having only one agent in the SP lane in a major airport.

It wasn't a cancelled flight but rather a situation where the DYKWIA record couldn't be found either because he didnt book it or the computer lost his reservation.
Old May 1, 2011, 1:22 pm

Programs: TK CP, Lapsed DL FO, Mr. <3Vacations Free Rider, Numerous programs
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
1) Why didn't you just ask him right there?
Well, maybe because I was busy trying to get the eff out of Atlanta and make sure my house was there and my dog and neighbors were still alive?
Old May 1, 2011, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by <3vacations
Oh, and for anyone who was wondering HSV still has NO power. I am posting live from TN.. Headed back with water, ice, and granola tomorrow. Hopefully power will be restored soon.
Not so likely. News today seems it will be Tuesday for most folks.

So I'm hanging out at an HGI in Nashville tonight, and will be at the Hampton Inn in Athens tomorrow evening.

Temps weren't too bad in the house, but I got tired of taking sponge baths with cold water and of course was suffering withdrawal from FT. Plus my jerk neighbor got a generator, and that was pretty annoying with me having to keep windows open....

David
Old May 1, 2011, 5:27 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by AUDirt
Not traditionally, but it has become far more popular in the last year
And 9 months from tonight there will be another one.

Assuming all goes well here, of course!
Old May 18, 2011, 6:50 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, PC Plat, Delta PM
The new Mr. DYKWIA

Flying recently ATL-MSY boarding in zone 1. The gentleman in front of me boarding calls over the stewardess and asks her why he's in a middle seat, when prior to the flight he had selected an aisle exit row seat. She looks at his ticket and tells him "I'm sorry but that seat doesn't even exist on this aircraft, it looks like we had an equipment change and you were reassigned a new seat". The man, becomming angrier, exclaims "but I had an exit row aisle seat, why am I in a middle seat?". Again, the stewardess tries to explain. The man goes on "I should never be put in the middle seat. What is the point of loyalty programs if you are not going to help your loyal customers?!?!?" At this point he's ranting like a 12 year old. The stewardess, unsure what to do, apologizes again and moves away to help other people boarding.

It gets better.

The man is sitting in B. Apparently passengers in A and C are mother daughter combo and ask the gentleman if he'd be willing to switch with the window seat passenger so they can sit together. No, he'll only switch if he can have the aisle seat.

Ok, I can understand frustration in being bumped to the middle seat, but the stewardess has absolutely nothing to do with this and your behaving like an ... is not making her day any better. No doubt he probably still sent a complaint e-mail to delta and left out the fact that he got his aisle seat in the end anyways.

If you're reading this Mr. DYKWIA, you should be ashamed of your behavoir.
Old May 18, 2011, 7:01 am

Programs: DL PM, Duke of Bombay Fan Club
Ok, I'll ask the question that has to be asked... was he wearing a hat?
Old May 18, 2011, 7:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by metdrdg
. Apparently passengers in A and C are mother daughter combo.

Gigidddy....
Old May 18, 2011, 7:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
What is the point of loyalty programs if you are not going to help your loyal customers
Old May 18, 2011, 7:54 am

Programs: DL Diamond, MM, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, etc
I saw a new category of DYKWIA last Friday in the Memphis Sky Club.

Some guy asking to be let in because he WAS a member for years and he was holding a first class domestic ticket.

I guess this qualifies as DYKWIW.
Old May 18, 2011, 8:11 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, PC Plat, Delta PM
It would be really nice if Delta sent it's medallion members DYKWIA stickers that we could put on unruly passengers...
Old May 18, 2011, 8:15 am

Programs: AA, Delta Kryptonium (DM) Hyatt Diamond IHG Fake Plat (Ambassador), HH Gold
Originally Posted by Lab_rat_79
Ok, I'll ask the question that has to be asked... was he wearing a hat?
Since this was about an Exit row middle maybe we will see the FO hat???

I hope someone directs him to The "Thomas H guide to surviving coach"

I understand being irritated about plane changes...but it happens he should have put on his big boy pants, have a few Woofords and let it go....
Old May 18, 2011, 8:16 am

Programs: DL 1.3MM GM , Marriott-Platinum Premier+Lifetime , Hilton-Blue, Nat'l-Emerald Club Executive Elite
Flying recently ATL-MSY boarding in zone 1. The gentleman in front of me boarding calls over the stewardess and asks her why he's in a middle seat, when prior to the flight he had selected an aisle exit row seat. She looks at his ticket and tells him "I'm sorry but that seat doesn't even exist on this aircraft, it looks like we had an equipment change and you were reassigned a new seat". The man, becomming angrier, exclaims "but I had an exit row aisle seat, why am I in a middle seat?". Again, the stewardess tries to explain. The man goes on "I should never be put in the middle seat. What is the point of loyalty programs if you are not going to help your loyal customers?!?!?" At this point he's ranting like a 12 year old. The stewardess, unsure what to do, apologizes again and moves away to help other people boarding.

It gets better.

The man is sitting in B. Apparently passengers in A and C are mother daughter combo and ask the gentleman if he'd be willing to switch with the window seat passenger so they can sit together. No, he'll only switch if he can have the aisle seat.

Ok, I can understand frustration in being bumped to the middle seat, but the stewardess has absolutely nothing to do with this and your behaving like an ... is not making her day any better. No doubt he probably still sent a complaint e-mail to delta and left out the fact that he got his aisle seat in the end anyways.

If you're reading this Mr. DYKWIA, you should be ashamed of your behavoir.
This guy probably likes long walks on the beach too! What a tool!
Old May 18, 2011, 8:28 am

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
I love people that complain about these flights that take an hour, maximum.

Had a lady last week that was seated in the exit row next to me on JAX-ATL (38 minute flight time) that she was to be in FIRST CLASS!
Old May 18, 2011, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Well there is one valid point that the guy had... Delta is horrible about preserving or not totally hosing up seat assignments from an equipment change, even if 99% of the seatmap matches. The system should not throw people from an aisle into a middle seat. I check my itineraries regularly and especially on Sat when changes are normally loaded, and I've seen my seats get relocated from exit row to a crappy seat in the back of the plane several times... but was luckily able to grab my original seat again.

However, you'd think that the guy would also notice that his ticket said B and realize that its not what he originally picked. Complaining to the FA won't accomplish much since its not her fault. If he asked the GA then his seat probably could've been fixed before boarding.
Old May 18, 2011, 8:36 am
Suspended

It would be really nice if Delta sent it's medallion members DYKWIA stickers that we could put on unruly passengers...
Luggage tags serve the same function.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.