Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2015, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by stencil
Wait.

There are rich people in Kansas City?
Didn't you see season two of House of Cards?
Old Dec 5, 2015, 5:07 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
As a variant on the Walk of Glory, I flew BA to DBX a few months ago in WT+ (Prem Economy). I was in the very front row of this cabin and Club World (Business) was immediately in front of me.

I didn't even need to walk - one glance was enough to convince me that I'd made the right choice to pay 1/3 the price for a perfectly comfortable seat which frankly was no more cramped than the "pile em high sell em expensive" CW dormitory
Old Dec 5, 2015, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OverTheHorizon
As a variant on the Walk of Glory, I flew BA to DBX a few months ago in WT+ (Prem Economy). I was in the very front row of this cabin and Club World (Business) was immediately in front of me.

I didn't even need to walk - one glance was enough to convince me that I'd made the right choice to pay 1/3 the price for a perfectly comfortable seat which frankly was no more cramped than the "pile em high sell em expensive" CW dormitory
WT+ is BA's most profitable cabin per square foot ^
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by Calchas
WT+ is BA's most profitable cabin per square foot ^
The only premium economy I've seen or been in was on AF. While it was arguably better than Y, you piqued my curiosity and I took a look at WT+. I can see why it's so popular. BA's website shows a couple different seats, but they all seem to actually recline, which I think is great. I hated the 'slump' of the Premium Voyageur seats.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:27 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by brocklee9000
The only premium economy I've seen or been in was on AF. ... I hated the 'slump' of the Premium Voyageur seats.
The AF PE seat does leave something to be desired, but the extra space is nice -- and not having anyone recline into your space....
Not sure if the seat is being changed as they install the new Business cabins.
I've also flown VA and VS premium economy and these seats do actually recline.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mot29
The AF PE seat does leave something to be desired, but the extra space is nice -- and not having anyone recline into your space....
Not sure if the seat is being changed as they install the new Business cabins.
Same seats, just newer. They are a bit hard. That's what I don't like. Otherwise, while not awesome, definitely better than coach.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 10:26 am

Last Thursday, 6am, JFK T4.

On the pre-check line, the lady two in front of me starts removing her boots. These boots seemed pretty high and she was struggling to get them off.

Guy in front of me reminds her that she's in the pre-check lane and can keep her shoes on. She yells back - I'm a Delta Silver, I know how to handle security here!!
Old Dec 7, 2015, 11:08 am

Talking

Originally Posted by injera

On the pre-check line, the lady two in front of me starts removing her boots. These boots seemed pretty high and she was struggling to get them off.

Guy in front of me reminds her that she's in the pre-check lane and can keep her shoes on. She yells back - I'm a Delta Silver, I know how to handle security here!!
Don't you love it when you try and help someone .......
Old Dec 7, 2015, 11:17 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by United_727
Don't you love it when you try and help someone .......
... although once I was trying to be similarly helpful and they said their shoes either had embedded metal or something like that.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: Many. Some top-tier, others not.

I find myself thinking that perhaps her boots have metal shanks in them, so they'd always have to come off, PreCheck or not. And her Silver status, though apparently something you look down your nose at, was her way of saying that this wasn't her first rodeo - you know, like the "kettles" so many here refer to.

Maybe she isn't the one who's the DYKWIA.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hhonors Gold, SPG Gold

My wife's boots always set off the detector. It's the metal in the heel. So, the lady in line may be correct, but still LOL at her response.

EDIT: Maybe not so LOL. SFBayGuy makes a good point.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Henla
My wife's boots always set off the detector. It's the metal in the heel. So, the lady in line may be correct, but still LOL at her response.
Perhaps we forget that "Silver" means "travels with Delta more than [guessing] 90% of their customers"?
Old Dec 7, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: DL PM; Marriott Gold; ANZ Gold
Originally Posted by Zorak
... although once I was trying to be similarly helpful and they said their shoes either had embedded metal or something like that.
This happens to me every week (M morning/Th afternoon). Most women's stilettos have metal in the heels, so if I'm coming straight from the office, I haven't had time to change shoes and I'd rather just take them off initially than to have to go through twice and/or get sent through the body scanner.

Of course, every week there's also always someone in line behind me who asks whether they can keep their laptops in their bags etc., so I understand people are just trying to help.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT

I've got a pair with a metal shank that I try not to wear to the airport, but every so often when walking through the metal detector the noise lets me know I've got them on. The Silver lady likely knew her shoes were similar.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 11:37 am

BTW, I'm a "Silver" too. A 1.7MM Lifetime Silver whose air travel is far less now than in years past, but a Silver nonetheless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.