Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2016, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
No excuse for the GD, but in Europe, the Middle East and Asia they serve a meal and drinks on a flight the same length. Less time announcing to pax to get their drink orders and more time actually serving, easier to get the job done. @:-)
At least on the short Asian flights I've flown, you have one meal option unless you ordered a special one, and drink choices are limited to, like, water or juice. Lack of choice really speeds up service.
Old May 31, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
On DL 4169 MSP-IAD guy boards half way through and is in 1C. removes all stuff in the overhead. Throws it in 1A and makes disgusting (in 4 letter words) remarks about people should not use his space. Gives the FA a hard time and when people remark he goes nuts. Nasty nasty person.
Old May 31, 2016, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by hnewman
On DL 4169 MSP-IAD guy boards half way through and is in 1C. removes all stuff in the overhead. Throws it in 1A and makes disgusting (in 4 letter words) remarks about people should not use his space. Gives the FA a hard time and when people remark he goes nuts. Nasty nasty person.
Assuming the stuff above 1C didnt belong to anyone in row 1-2 i think i'd agree with this guy.

Nothing frustrates me more than Y pax throwing their bags in the first empty overhead then proceeding back to 33B
Old May 31, 2016, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by injera
Assuming the stuff above 1C didnt belong to anyone in row 1-2 i think i'd agree with this guy.

Nothing frustrates me more than Y pax throwing their bags in the first empty overhead then proceeding back to 33B
It is a CR-900. Not enough space for everyone and he got a late upgrade . There is NEVER a reason to be nasty.
Old May 31, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: DL DM
There is NEVER a reason to be nasty.
I could argue with this all day long.

But I won't.
Old May 31, 2016, 8:13 am

It is a CR-900. Not enough space for everyone and he got a late upgrade . There is NEVER a reason to be nasty.
Sure, you should be polite and civil. But being on a CR9 with a late upgrade you shoudl still have priority over the bins above 1A over the pax in 19C.

If you're the last one to board and they're about to shut the door thats maybe a different story. If you board somewhere in the middle you should still have a place for your bag.
Old May 31, 2016, 8:17 am

Sure, you should be polite and civil. But being on a CR9 with a late upgrade you shoudl still have priority over the bins above 1A over the pax in 19C.

If you're the last one to board and they're about to shut the door thats maybe a different story. If you board somewhere in the middle you should still have a place for your bag.
It was all 1st class luggage including 1D. The CR-900 has minimal space
Old May 31, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: Many. Some top-tier, others not.

No. No. No. The guy didn't (according to the story) ask whose stuff it was, he just - like an entitled rectum - removed it to gain space for his. #BIGF'INGFAIL
Old May 31, 2016, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by SFBayGuy
No. No. No. The guy didn't (according to the story) ask whose stuff it was, he just - like an entitled rectum - removed it to gain space for his. #BIGF'INGFAIL
Exactly. He did not ask, just removed it and put it in 1A spewing obscenities.
Old May 31, 2016, 9:02 am

Programs: DL PM
Why wouldn't he just put his stuff in 1A? Really can't be across the aisle from his belongings??? Sheesh.
Old May 31, 2016, 9:05 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by appleguru
Why wouldn't he just put his stuff in 1A? Really can't be across the aisle from his belongings??? Sheesh.
Not that there's an excuse for the guy being a jerk, but have you ever seen the overhead bin above 1A? I can't even fit my wallet in there.
Old May 31, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by stencil
Not that there's an excuse for the guy being a jerk, but have you ever seen the overhead bin above 1A? I can't even fit my wallet in there.
Ah, got it.. CRJ. Makes sense that he moved the belongings then, if they fit over there. (Still no excuse for not asking first)
Old May 31, 2016, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Which is just plain wrong.
Old May 31, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Agree. My last flight in F I announced politely "hey, whoever has this purse, if it's OK I'm going to move it to the other bin so there's room for my roller..." (plenty of room for it across the aisle, but it blocked room in the bin left). No commotion, no story for FT, just a smooth re-org. Why can't people use common sense?
Old May 31, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by EditingFX
Why can't people use common sense?
Common sense isn't so common anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.