Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2014, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Paging Lizbeth...

She could help you develop an algorithm that also took into account base level hotel and Amex card holders.
I literally LOL'd at this
Old Aug 5, 2014, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
De boarding should obviously be done by segment PRASM. The flight attendant call button could be used to alert each row to deplane in order of priority of segment PRASM weighted by MCT to next segment PRASM. The gate agent could interface this data by connecting each landed plane with a USB stick on door opening. Using the existing hardware is elegant and efficient. This removes the unreliable social factors of courtesy, kindergarten experience, etc from the drive to more efficient deplaning, critical to get to the next engineering conference earlier.

The software could be written to chime for individual seats based on prasm but this would seem needlessly complicated with de minimus efficiency gains.

Yielding to engineering solutions seems inordinately difficult for the public, in the face of logic.

Does anyone know where I can find a reproductive partner?
Love it.

Or everyone could just wait until their turn to deplane. Crazy talk, I know.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 12:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've always been fond of the idea of having a moat with crocs between FC/BE and coach. To settle boarding issues, the bridge over the moat from coach to the aircraft door wouldn't be lowered until all BE/FC passengers had deplaned at their leisure.

In addition to keeping the BE/FC lavatories pure, the moat could be used to deal with meowing cats (no need to flush!), misbehaving children and disruptive or obnoxious elites and kettles.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 1:06 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've always been fond of the idea of having a moat with crocs between FC/BE and coach.
Don't you worry the crocs might eat all the cookies or bananas from the snack basket?
Old Aug 5, 2014, 1:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
I've always been fond of the idea of having a moat with crocs between FC/BE and coach. To settle boarding issues, the bridge over the moat from coach to the aircraft door wouldn't be lowered until all BE/FC passengers had deplaned at their leisure.

In addition to keeping the BE/FC lavatories pure, the moat could be used to deal with meowing cats (no need to flush!), misbehaving children and disruptive or obnoxious elites and kettles.
The sad thing is you're serious.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 1:48 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K

Something like this would work well too. Just one big solid aluminium wall.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 4:25 pm

Programs: Delta DM/1.3MM, Marriott PP/LTP, Natl EE, Etihad Guest, FT FNG
[QUOTE=Something like this would work well too. Just one big solid aluminium wall.[/QUOTE]

This makes me think of several instances last year where I experienced the flight attendants standing in/blocking the aisle on the 757 allowing F to deplane, before they let coach deplane. Sometimes holding out both arms to keep anyone from going by. Is this a NW legacy thing, as I never saw this until 2013?

One trip I didn't clear F, and was in the row adjacent to the door (literally about a foot away). The FA told everyone in our row that we could not get off until all of F had deplaned. Yeah right, I'm a foot away from the door, and I'm gonna wait til everyone comes around the corner from F.

Last edited by DYKWIA2014; Aug 5, 2014 at 4:30 pm
Old Aug 5, 2014, 4:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA2014
This makes me think of several instances last year where I experienced the flight attendants standing in/blocking the aisle on the 757 allowing F to deplane, before they let coach deplane. Sometimes holding out both arms to keep anyone from going by. Is this a NW legacy thing, as I never saw this until 2013?

One trip I didn't clear F, and was in the row adjacent to the door (literally about a foot away). The FA told everyone in our row that we could not get off until all of F had deplaned. Yeah right, I'm a foot away from the door, and I'm gonna wait til everyone comes around the corner from F.
I saw this once on an ATL-MCO flight I was on. I was in row two and saw the flight attendant still holding back coach passengers. It seemed like she was just trying to make things difficult. My opinion is that it actually slows down the deboarding process.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 4:40 pm

I saw this once on an ATL-MCO flight I was on. I was in row two and saw the flight attendant still holding back coach passengers. It seemed like she was just trying to make things difficult. My opinion is that it actually slows down the deboarding process.
Not to mention that it really ticks off the huddled masses in Y.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Not to mention that it really ticks off the huddled masses in Y.
Agreed, best just to let everyone go as they make their way to the door. Although some here will find pleasure in ticking off passengers in coach.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 5:12 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)

this is one where I will actual say they paid for first on and first off so if you don't like it buy F.

it's only an issue on the 757.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 5:18 pm

this is one where I will actual say they paid for first on and first off so if you don't like it buy F.

it's only an issue on the 757.
But even when I'm in F and walking back towards 2L looking at all of the unhappy people in Y bunched up behind the FA it strikes me as odd.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 7:06 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
But even when I'm in F and walking back towards 2L looking at all of the unhappy people in Y bunched up behind the FA it strikes me as odd.
Awhile back, I was on a DL flight in first and the FA actually announced that first class is to leave first. Luckily, I was in first and a few of us got a nice little chuckle when she announced that. She then held everyone back from coach. Talk about death stare...
Old Aug 5, 2014, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Agreed, best just to let everyone go as they make their way to the door. Although some here will find pleasure in ticking off passengers in coach.
When I'm flying international, I appreciate it when they use door 2L and the FA holds back everyone in Y and allows J to deplane first, especially when there is a long line at passport control. If it's domestic I don't really care
Old Aug 5, 2014, 8:13 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Whenever this happens, I always think "what a nice touch" and "how considerate."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.