Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Booking a Marriott through Delta Vacations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2012, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

I have booked a Marriott hotel through a Delta Vacations package, will I be able to earn Marriott Rewards points on the stay, not being the "lead traveler"? If not, would the lead traveler be able to earn them, or is it all SkyPesos?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Was not able to earn Marriott reward points only sky miles. But, was upgraded due to Gold status to better room, free breakfast, etc.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by vassoo
Was not able to earn Marriott reward points only sky miles. But, was upgraded due to Gold status to better room, free breakfast, etc.
correct. You get your status benis but no points for package rates.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA, DL Gold, JB, AF, BA, QF, JL, CX
Is that still the case these days? .I.e able to use elite privileges for Marriott stays booked on delta vacations?
Old Nov 27, 2021, 4:16 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jnyeung
Is that still the case these days? .I.e able to use elite privileges for Marriott stays booked on delta vacations?
A sampling of threads that are more recent than 9 years from the Marriott forum:

Denied all Elite Benefits due to Online Travel Agent Booking

Elite benefits if booked via 3rd party?

Elite Benefits for 3rd Party Website Bookings ?

tl;dr by the letter of the T&C, elite benefits do NOT apply to third party bookings, full stop, but often individual properties may still grant them as a courtesy. They're also generally not eligible for points/nights accrual.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.