Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Elite Benefits for 3rd Party Website Bookings ?

Old Apr 20, 2012, 3:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: ゴールデングローブ

Has this already been asked? I couldn't find it anywhere.

Does a Marriott Rewards Elite member get his elite benefits if he makes a booking on a 3rd party website?

I know that I won't get any points and night credits for 3rd party bookings but what about free Internet and room upgrade?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan

Does a Marriott Rewards Elite member get his elite benefits if he makes a booking on a 3rd party website?

I know that I won't get any points and night credits for 3rd party bookings but what about free Internet and room upgrade?
Yes, even if you booked through Priceline or Hotwire.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA:lifetime Plat; Marriott Platinum; Starwood Platinum;United Premier Gold
CS said no elite benefits for PLN booking

Newbie here. I am MR Plat and have a Priceline booking later this week at the Marriott Regents Park. Prior threads have indicated that I should receive some elite benefits as well as earning points for incidental expenditures. I don't need a gift and won't have time to visit the lounge - all I really care about in unlimited internet.

When I called to have my MR number listed on the reservation, I was informed that I was not entitled to any elite benefits on a Priceline booking. The agent supposedly read aloud from the T&Cs. It was suggested that I ask nicely at check-in to see if the hotel would waive the internet fees.

Has the policy changed? I don't use PLN much but I've never had this problem with other brands.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 2:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
regardless of your booking portal and/or status, what makes you think that unlimited Internet access is a Marriott standard perk?

[QUOTE=Schooner68;18898016] I am MR Plat and have a Priceline booking later this week at the Marriott Regents Park. Prior threads have indicated that I should receive some elite benefits as well as earning points for incidental expenditures. I don't need a gift and won't have time to visit the lounge - all I really care about in unlimited internet. /QUOTE]
Old Jul 9, 2012, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
policy has not changed - present your Plat card at checkin- you will receive the benefits of your status
Old Jul 9, 2012, 3:28 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
regardless of your booking portal and/or status, what makes you think that unlimited Internet access is a Marriott standard perk?

Originally Posted by Schooner68
I am MR Plat and have a Priceline booking later this week at the Marriott Regents Park. Prior threads have indicated that I should receive some elite benefits as well as earning points for incidental expenditures. I don't need a gift and won't have time to visit the lounge - all I really care about in unlimited internet.
Because internet is free for Gold and Plat elites at all participating Marriott and Ritz Carlton Properties.

And as Soc said, you are entitled to your elite bennies on all stays. No point earning for room rates on PLN, Friends and Family, and some other 3rd party pre-paid stays.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 4:48 pm

Programs: Delta Skymile DM, Marriott Platinum, PC Gold, Avis Chairman's Club, National EE
Getting the benefits is my experience as well.

Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Because internet is free for Gold and Plat elites at all participating Marriott and Ritz Carlton Properties.

And as Soc said, you are entitled to your elite bennies on all stays. No point earning for room rates on PLN, Friends and Family, and some other 3rd party pre-paid stays.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 8:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
interesting..................... been this way in asia (for all MR members) for over a year, but wasn't aware that it was implemented in CONUS............. is there anywhere where a list of those "participating Marriott's" are listed?

Originally Posted by aaupgrade

Old Jul 9, 2012, 8:20 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
is there anywhere where a list of those "participating Marriott's" are listed?
See #11 under General Membership in MR T&C.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:48 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Sorry to revive an old thread but didn't see a more current one with the subject specifically about 3rd party bookings. I'm aware that Priceline bookings don't earn points or night/stay credits. Older threads I've read indicate that Priceline bookings do still allow elite benefits like upgrades, wifi, etc. Is this still the case? Can someone point me out to anything in the T&C that states one way or another (searched and couldn't find anything).
Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:28 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan

Have you ever thought about price matching with Marriott?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by PHL
Sorry to revive an old thread but didn't see a more current one with the subject specifically about 3rd party bookings. I'm aware that Priceline bookings don't earn points or night/stay credits. Older threads I've read indicate that Priceline bookings do still allow elite benefits like upgrades, wifi, etc. Is this still the case? Can someone point me out to anything in the T&C that states one way or another (searched and couldn't find anything).
It is still possible as of late last year. Have not yet seen any push-back, but finding this spelled out is not easy. Priceline regular is o.k.; with opaque bookings it gets a bit trickier, because I have not seen them spelled out specifically

Originally Posted by t1c
Have you ever thought about price matching with Marriott?
You can't. Priceline name your own price or Hotire hot rate or Priceline express deal and a few others are not eligible for price match.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 11:21 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PHL
It didn't seem to be a problem at all when I checked into the Renaissance Capital View in Crystal City, VA (Arlington). Premium Wifi, Lounge access, Platinum amenity points were offered, as was the 500/night for opting out of housekeeping. I guess the real test will be if any of those post.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Marriott still provides 'elite recognition bennies' on 3rd party bookings. Whether that stays the case when the two loyalty programs are finally merged is up in the air, as SPG doesn't.

Cheers.
Old May 3, 2017, 7:26 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Marriott still provides 'elite recognition bennies' on 3rd party bookings. Whether that stays the case when the two loyalty programs are finally merged is up in the air, as SPG doesn't.

Cheers.
My SPG stays on Priceline rates still earned points on incidentals, platinum amenity and Green choice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.