Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Row 7 on a DL 757...avoid it.. bad experience!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Row 7 on a DL 757...avoid it.. bad experience!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2011, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by nytraveller53
... If everyone did everything they had the "right" to do, this world would be a terrible place.
+ 1

Of course you have the 'right' to:

- not give seat on the subway/train/bus to an elderly or pregnant woman....

- not help a tiny lady (or man ) lift their carry-on to the overhead storage....

- sneeze and cough without covering nose and mouth....

- talk incessantly loud on the phone in public places....

- dig deep and pull something long and sticky out of your nostril and wipe it on the back of seat in front (yes, I have seen that, more than once)

And so on, and so on...

It is called common courtesy and consideration for others.

Back to OP, I have sat in that seat, and except for the vibrating part, know exactly what you went through. Luckily I always travel with a tub of Vicks VapoRub and a dab under the nose, all the foul odor (body, perfume, feet, lav fume, cheese....) gone ^
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:35 pm

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
news to use

Originally Posted by ConciergeBrandon
Luckily I always travel with a tub of Vicks VapoRub and a dab under the nose, all the foul odor (body, perfume, feet, lav fume, cheese....) gone ^
One more item to add to my pre-flight checklist. Thanks, ConciergeBrandon.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nytraveller53
Okay...leaving 1.2 cm of legroom for the person behind you
DL's fault, not mine. I will recline when I want to thank you. And when someone in front of me does I don't complain.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 5:49 am

Programs: Super-duper Triple Gold Platinum President's Circle - er, Delta American Express
Originally Posted by mnredfox
DL's fault, not mine. I will recline when I want to thank you. And when someone in front of me does I don't complain.
Again, you're more than welcome to, but it's common courtesy (at least I thought it was!) to not recline during meals, etc. Whatever, though, because Delta has enough planes to accommodate both traveling styles.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 6:20 am

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Embrace fecalphelia then.

Seriously though, 7C is kind of a turd (pun intended) but I usually go for 7D believe it or not. I prefer the wall behind me so that I don't have any nosy jackass DYKWIAs looking over my shoulder or kicking the back of my seat because they didn't get their preflight drink.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 6:44 am

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & CP, Delta Diamond, HH Diamond Hyatt Diamond
I actually like row 7 on the 757's.. You're basically the first ones to deboard..

As for seat reclining in coach.. Funny stuff! Usually the 400 lb guy in front of you who reclines, waits until you either have your laptop out working or you just got a full drink poured, then puts the seat back, and then of course pushes the button and violent crashes into his own seat trying to get it to go back even farther. As if its stuck or something.

Last year on a flight HOU-ATL, I had a guy in front of me on an MD-88 whose seat was broke and reclined way back and the guy basically spent the flight sleeping with his head almost in my lap. The FA's were laughing about it but never told him to move his seat up.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 8:29 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Ravenboy2001
I actually like row 7 on the 757's.. You're basically the first ones to deboard..

As for seat reclining in coach.. Funny stuff! Usually the 400 lb guy in front of you who reclines, waits until you either have your laptop out working or you just got a full drink poured, then puts the seat back, and then of course pushes the button and violent crashes into his own seat trying to get it to go back even farther. As if its stuck or something.
I believed this is defined as a "rocket recline" on FT.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by DLNYC
The space into which my seat reclines is MY space, not yours. If you have a problem, recline your own seat.
Originally Posted by mnredfox
I will recline when I want to thank you.
Ahhh, yes. And I apply that same logic to the air vent. That little nozzle of turbo-charged cooling joy which is affixed above my seat can be directed in any direction as I please. Go ahead and rocket recline. Now if only I could figure out a way to pipe the intake of this vent to the lav behind row 7.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 10:04 am
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Originally Posted by plagwate
Ahhh, yes. And I apply that same logic to the air vent. That little nozzle of turbo-charged cooling joy which is affixed above my seat can be directed in any direction as I please. Go ahead and rocket recline. Now if only I could figure out a way to pipe the intake of this vent to the lav behind row 7.
Very true, and you are welcome to point your air vent wherever you like. My little air vent also points back.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by DLNYC
Very true, and you are welcome to point your air vent wherever you like. My little air vent also points back.
Knock yourself out. But in my experience, the vent only points back far enough to hit your own seat in the reclined position.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by plagwate
Knock yourself out. But in my experience, the vent only points back far enough to hit your own seat in the reclined position.
But my nozzle is bigger than yours
Old Oct 1, 2011, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
But my nozzle is bigger than yours
And able to destroy DYKWIA comb-overs with a single twist? Maybe that was the catalyst for the Diamond Medallion Hat!
Old Oct 1, 2011, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Row 7, you say?

Despite quite a lot of time on DL 757s (including PMNW ones), I'm not sure I've ever even been on one that had a row 7. Of course, according to SeatGuru, this is because DL has 757s with something like 9 different seat configurations, a fact that is itself absolutely insane. Row 7 appears to only exist on the "75X" ex-Song aircraft that are used for transcontinental runs, but my transcons tend to be LAX-JFK, where one sees the nice 75E with a mere 4 rows of actual BE seats on a domestic flight. Interestingly, while SeatGuru mentions the proximity of the lavatory to the last row of F in all the domestic-F configurations, it is loath to mark any seat in BE as potentially undesirable to anyone.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 1:46 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by will2288
I can understand that your seat seems bad, OP. But I certainly suspect that almost anybody in Y would gladly switch with you. If you prefer a Y seat (as your post said) then why not just go switch?
it was a full flight. there were no empty seats. I did ask the flight attendant. She said she would ask people to flush more quietly. She actually said to me, how does a 1MM, DM wind up in row 7?
Old Oct 1, 2011, 1:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by ConciergeBrandon
+ 1

Of course you have the 'right' to:

- not give seat on the subway/train/bus to an elderly or pregnant woman....

- not help a tiny lady (or man ) lift their carry-on to the overhead storage....

- sneeze and cough without covering nose and mouth....

- talk incessantly loud on the phone in public places....

- dig deep and pull something long and sticky out of your nostril and wipe it on the back of seat in front (yes, I have seen that, more than once)

And so on, and so on...

It is called common courtesy and consideration for others.

Back to OP, I have sat in that seat, and except for the vibrating part, know exactly what you went through. Luckily I always travel with a tub of Vicks VapoRub and a dab under the nose, all the foul odor (body, perfume, feet, lav fume, cheese....) gone ^

Leave the vicks at home...i just came up with a better idea. Next time anyone is stuck in row 7 like me, simply make and place an out of order sign on the lav door and direct people to the rear lav. Done, done and done!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.