Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Row 7 on a DL 757...avoid it.. bad experience!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Row 7 on a DL 757...avoid it.. bad experience!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2011, 8:48 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
Everytime the coach lav is used, which is every 4 minutes, a very annoying noise and vibration is felt in my seat.
Perhaps the coach BOB food menu featured aged burritos with cabbage.....
Old Sep 30, 2011, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by fiveninerzero
I love me some row 7 on DL 757s. No seats behind me.
Well there is one
Old Sep 30, 2011, 9:29 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by fiveninerzero
I love me some row 7 on DL 757s. No seats behind me.
Oh yes there is a seat behind you, in the shape of a terlet bowl!
Old Sep 30, 2011, 9:30 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by avidflyer
Well there is one
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:22 am

Programs: A3 *G, fmr DL PM
Well there is one
I've never had the flushing sound problem happen to me. Perhaps I'm oblivious to reality, or maybe I just don't care or mind.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 2:10 pm

Programs: Super-duper Triple Gold Platinum President's Circle - er, Delta American Express
Originally Posted by DLNYC
I don't recline during meal service, but have every right to. The space into which my seat reclines is MY space, not yours. If you have a problem, recline your own seat.
Of course you have the right to, but it's a rude thing to do. And how do you figure, the space you recline into is "YOUR" space? Isn't it MY legroom?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by nytraveller53
Of course you have the right to, but it's a rude thing to do. And how do you figure, the space you recline into is "YOUR" space? Isn't it MY legroom?
Well if you eat a big bag of garlic/onion chips the person reclining can enjoy your garlic onion breath if being 5" from someones face is what they really want
Old Sep 30, 2011, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Well if you eat a big bag of garlic/onion chips the person reclining can enjoy your garlic onion breath if being 5" from someones face is what they really want
That.is a great idea for my next 75X experience. I will make a point to try this and see if I still have someone recline into my lap
Old Sep 30, 2011, 3:04 pm

Programs: Delta, SPG
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
I'm on a K fare from SEA to JFK right now. I got UG'd and got row 7 seat C. I had no choice in the matter. Whatever. I don't want this to seem like a DYKWIA rant. I'm happy to have gotten my complimentary UG.

However, maybe DL IT can link in your preferred seating preferrences to the UG list.

Everytime the coach lav is used, which is every 4 minutes, a very annoying noise and vibration is felt in my seat. I know, whoa is me. Never mind the constant slamming of the lav door. I'd rather have a quiet seat in coach.
I think you complain too much. Go sit in coach.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 4:20 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
No, it's not rude. It's rude to assume the person in front of you should sit upright the entire flight. The airline allows for recline, which means they define the space the seat reclines into as belonging to the person up front. If you don't like it, select a bulkhead.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 4:22 pm

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
Always love threads which are able to intertwine a flame-throwing contest with a stand-up routine.

Way to go NYPDlieu!!
Old Sep 30, 2011, 4:30 pm

I can understand that your seat seems bad, OP. But I certainly suspect that almost anybody in Y would gladly switch with you. If you prefer a Y seat (as your post said) then why not just go switch?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 4:32 pm

Programs: Super-duper Triple Gold Platinum President's Circle - er, Delta American Express
Originally Posted by DLNYC
No, it's not rude. It's rude to assume the person in front of you should sit upright the entire flight. The airline allows for recline, which means they define the space the seat reclines into as belonging to the person up front. If you don't like it, select a bulkhead.
Okay, obviously this is more important to you than it is to me.

If everyone did everything they had the "right" to do, this world would be a terrible place.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by houserulz77
Always love threads which are able to intertwine a flame-throwing contest with a stand-up routine.

Way to go NYPDlieu!!
^^^Haha
Old Sep 30, 2011, 4:43 pm

Programs: WN A+, AS MVP, UA 1P
Of course you have the right to, but it's a rude thing to do.
Yes, it really is. The guy behind you can also recline, but that does nothing to help the loss of knee room. I have about 1.2cm of knee room with the seat not reclined. If you recline onto my knees, your seat will be prodded and jiggled for the duration, because I need to move my legs around. Your choice if you want to come along for the ride! Fully-reclined seats also making it nearly impossible for the guy behind you to use a laptop in his seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.