Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA eating BE meal in Economy

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2011, 7:27 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Somehow, i tend to think that the OP would not have minded had they been upgraded to BE.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 7:30 am

Programs: DL EOS...
Originally Posted by stencil
+1

Lighten up. People gotta eat.
+2

Seriously, as long as they wash their hands before handling my food I don't care what or where they eat.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
+1 to "who cares?"

Mike
Old Sep 19, 2011, 8:14 am

Programs: EVA Infinity Delta Skymiles
+ 3 who cares but perhaps as stated before. not in front of the econ paxs. Out of the view of paxs in the galley seems more appropriate.

TG
Old Sep 19, 2011, 8:16 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, BA Gold, TK Elite
If it improves the service, I'll buy them a meal.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 8:35 am

I believe it is in their contract to get a meal equivalent to the highest class of service for flights that meet certain criteria. Before the merger, I was on an MKE-MSP flight and the FA's had crew meals!

I think the pilots get them with flights longer than 5 hours or international flights that return to the U.S. (i.e. ATL-CUN-ATL), as well as all transoceanic flights. The FA's probably have a similar stipulation in their contract.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Call me simple, but I too don't see a problem with this. The space that FAs have to work with is astonishingly small, so if they occasionally use a jumpseat facing Y passengers to eat, so be it.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Wayside
I believe it is in their contract to get a meal equivalent to the highest class of service for flights that meet certain criteria. Before the merger, I was on an MKE-MSP flight and the FA's had crew meals!

I think the pilots get them with flights longer than 5 hours or international flights that return to the U.S. (i.e. ATL-CUN-ATL), as well as all transoceanic flights. The FA's probably have a similar stipulation in their contract.
Ding, ding, ding....we've got a winner.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:59 am

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by DLBeno
Ding, ding, ding....we've got a winner.
+1 and it was a ridiculous "complaint" to begin with. It really scraped the bottom of the barrel.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:03 am

Programs: Delta DM / Hilton Diamond
I'm surprised that nobody suggested launching a DOT complaint yet. Just wait for it.

***** WHO CARES +1 *****
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by OnTheSlopes
Flame me if you will, but the FAs probably do that flight (or other long hauls) all the time. The food gets boring for us, but can you imagine knowing what you will be eating 2-4x per week for each meal? As far as I'm concerned, they should have their pick of catering.

Seeing as we are all trapped in a metal tube though, I really wouldn't have given it too much thought. Its not like they have tables set aside for them for a relaxing evening. Tough job.
If they're doing SEA-NRT 2-4x/week, color me impressed!

Pax should not see cabin/flight-crew eating. Argue the rules, yet I'm the pax, and that's what I think.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
My meal is my meal is my meal. I eat what I pay for. If I want Y food, I pay for a Y ticket. If I want Biz Elite food, I pay for a Biz Elite ticket.

What an FA, pilot, or fellow passenger eats in no way impacts what I am served -- so it doesn't bother me in the least.

If, of course, I was sitting in Biz Elite and refused my meal because "we ran out" and saw an FA enjoying it, I would not be a happy camper -- but that was not the situation here.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:20 pm
Suspended

Send a Picture

Originally Posted by Greg Reed
I took a flight last week from SEA to NRT, seated right at the front of Economy Comfort by the exit. A short time after the first meal service finished & had been cleared away, one of the FA's sat down on the jump seat right in front of me & ate a Business Elite meal.

Has anyone else experienced this, and found it distasteful? Seems like it is saying "Economy Class food is good enough for you peons in the back of the bus, but not good enough for the crew".

If they eat it behind the curtain in the galley that's one thing, but in full view of "valued" Economy passengers?

Comments?
Take a pixture next time and send to CEO Anderson.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL Kryptonium & Diamond & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
This issue isn't which meal they get BE/Economy. It's eating it in the jumpseat in front of you. I know they have to eat, but it should be in the Galley not in the jump seat. Somehow the word "uncouth" jumps to mind.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:34 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
Originally Posted by OnTheSlopes
Flame me if you will, but the FAs probably do that flight (or other long hauls) all the time. The food gets boring for us, but can you imagine knowing what you will be eating 2-4x per week for each meal? As far as I'm concerned, they should have their pick of catering.

Seeing as we are all trapped in a metal tube though, I really wouldn't have given it too much thought. Its not like they have tables set aside for them for a relaxing evening. Tough job.
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.