Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyMall 25000, Offer expires Sunday September 18, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyMall 25000, Offer expires Sunday September 18, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2011, 9:41 am

Wish I could buy lift tickets through this. What about a gift card to IHG or any other major hotel chain that I could stay at?
Old Sep 18, 2011, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by ProfessorClare
When you placed the second order, was the first order still listed in your shopping cart? I planned to do it again today, but while it says it is processing the items I bought yesterday, they are still listed in my shopping cart. I'm afraid if I remove them all, it will affect yesterday's order, yet I can's start from scratch today.

Any ideas?
I would try opening a new incognito or private browsing session. That way you'll be logged out until the very final steps after you've initiated the checkout procedure. You also don't run the risk of having a discount/promotion code applied without your knowledge because of a cookie issue.

Well after deciding I will keep one and gift one, I ordered two more. That puts me in for a total of four. Hoping to get that roundtrip business class award to Europe on a DL partner for $500 or so.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by factory81
Wish I could buy lift tickets through this. What about a gift card to IHG or any other major hotel chain that I could stay at?
Read the thread. Gift cards are excluded.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:08 am

You all are friends now, but in october are going to be ebay competitors with all your cameras!

Seems like a lot of work when delta is selling miles for 1.1 cpm and you get them immediately. But I suppose if you feel confident about resale prospects, don't mind dealing with craigslist flakes, etc. This is a great deal. Especially if you are doing multiple transactions.

I actually need delta miles right now, but I think i'm just going to buy 100k straightaway and then buy one of your digital rebels on ebay for $350.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Sky Mall notes price match guarantee

With SkyMall, there's no need to comparison shop. We bring you the best products from the best catalogs and brands with no markup! The prices in SkyMall are the same as the prices of the more than 50 companies that mail catalogs to your home.

However, if you find an identical new product advertised for less, just send us the ad and we'll honor the lower price. Also, if within 30 days of receipt of your order, you find the identical product advertised for a lower price, send us the ad and we'll promptly refund the difference.

If you have placed an order or plan to place an order and would like to take advantage of our Price Match Guarantee, please contact us and include the ad for your items:
- Email: [email protected]. (If you have placed an order include "Price Match" and your Order Number in the Subject Line)
- Phone: 1-800-SKY-MALL
- Fax: 1-800-986-6255
- Mail: Customer Service - Price Match
SkyMall, Inc.
P.O. Box 20367
Phoenix, AZ 85036-0367
Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by jmw2323
With SkyMall, there's no need to comparison shop. We bring you the best products from the best catalogs and brands with no markup! The prices in SkyMall are the same as the prices of the more than 50 companies that mail catalogs to your home.

However, if you find an identical new product advertised for less, just send us the ad and we'll honor the lower price. Also, if within 30 days of receipt of your order, you find the identical product advertised for a lower price, send us the ad and we'll promptly refund the difference.

If you have placed an order or plan to place an order and would like to take advantage of our Price Match Guarantee, please contact us and include the ad for your items:
- Email: [email protected]. (If you have placed an order include "Price Match" and your Order Number in the Subject Line)
- Phone: 1-800-SKY-MALL
- Fax: 1-800-986-6255
- Mail: Customer Service - Price Match
SkyMall, Inc.
P.O. Box 20367
Phoenix, AZ 85036-0367
I noticed that as well as had a question about certain credit cards offering the purchase protection...

For example, my Chase Continental One Pass Plus has purchase protection and I believe an AMEX or two has it too. So, can I just buy the Galaxy Tab for $499 from SkyMall and then point them to a website that has it listed for ~$355 and I receive the ~$145 difference in my next statement or something like that? If that's the case, it pretty much covers all the associated ebay/paypal costs and would make it essentially a "free" 25k miles for each Galaxy Tab purchase.

Am I missing something? Anybody have any experience with trying to use the price protection associated with certain credit cards and/or SkyMall??

Edit: I'd prefer to use the Credit Card version since I can see some arguments coming from Delta/SkyMall if SkyMall actually refunds the money. I can easily see them saying that it no longer meets the minimum required spend to get the 25k miles. Where, if it's done by the credit card, it's outside of the Delta/SkyMall realm. Opinions??
Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH
sometimes it is just time consuming to shop via their portal. that said, ordered 2 Power Monkey/s, sofa seat saver, 10pc stainless cookware set, hall storage bench with baskets.

had to fiddle with the site a bit to get the FF# box to show up, but otherwise fairly easy. did save screenshots just in case. also noted that if you try to print receipt or save to PDF, the part on the receipt does not show up the 25K miles. you must (at least in my case, MAC/safari user) save as webpage archive. YMMV
Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
Edit: I'd prefer to use the Credit Card version since I can see some arguments coming from Delta/SkyMall if SkyMall actually refunds the money. I can easily see them saying that it no longer meets the minimum required spend to get the 25k miles. Where, if it's done by the credit card, it's outside of the Delta/SkyMall realm. Opinions??
I am planning on spending $500 even after the "price match"
Old Sep 18, 2011, 11:22 am

Anyone using their AMEX Platinum Price Protection combined with this offer or have experience using it?
Old Sep 18, 2011, 2:10 pm

Programs: Delta KM/DM, Hyatt GP Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Ctrix65513
Anyone using their AMEX Platinum Price Protection combined with this offer or have experience using it?
Do they still offer price protection? I googled it and could only find "purchase protection", which seems to be geared toward repairing or replacing recently purchased items that are damaged or stolen.

I even called the 800 number on my card and was told that they only offer the protection I described above, though I should point out that it sounded like the rep was googling it as well.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 3:37 pm

So 225,000 miles on the way, thus far. Might make another 4-8 orders today if my new Hawaiian Airlines cards show up to meet the spend.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 4:03 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
In for 225,000 miles. Anybody want the Galaxy Tab for $420?
Old Sep 18, 2011, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by AirForceFlyer
In for 225,000 miles. Anybody want the Galaxy Tab for $420?
You're cheap! I'm aiming for $450 resell. Although it looks like $430 is easily doable.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 4:45 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by drbobguy
You're cheap! I'm aiming for $450 resell. Although it looks like $430 is easily doable.
Haha. Figured I'd give fellow FT'ers a good discount since I'm getting the miles. Also factoring in eBay fees, $420 straight paypal ain't bad.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 8:56 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Looks like I'll have 8 Galaxy Tabs to sell also... Feel free to contact me if you're looking for a deal! haha

Hoping to use my Chase OnePass Plus card's Price Protection to get me ~$145 back each. I used the free shipping code on 5 of the 8 orders.

Also, I accidentally forgot to add a pack of batteries to one order before I placed it and it still showed that I would receive the 25k SkyMiles on the order confirmation page. So, I called to cancel the order and the woman told me that I didn't need to since it showed the 25k SkyMiles on the order. But, I told her I'd rather cancel it and re-order to be better safe than sorry.

Just thought I'd give some data points. I'll be sure to update when I receive miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.