Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyMall 25000, Offer expires Sunday September 18, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyMall 25000, Offer expires Sunday September 18, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2011, 9:05 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver
Just ordered a Tansu step chest and a shade sail. Entered my Skymiles number and it shows the total amount of shipping and merchandise plus the 25,000 miles. I also used the discounted shipping code referenced earlier in the thread. I also printed to .pdf file of the order page. Thanks OP!
Old Sep 17, 2011, 9:07 am

I'm surprised everyone is willing to risk not getting their miles by using these discount codes.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 10:08 am

Programs: DL KM (charter)
Originally Posted by keirnna
I'm surprised everyone is willing to risk not getting their miles by using these discount codes.
Agreed.

Every time I try to use a separate discount code beyond the offer, I lose the miles. It cost me a whole bunch of miles the last time I bought a laptop online.

Old Sep 17, 2011, 10:50 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Marriott Platinum Premier; ICG Platinum
SKYMALL 25,000 promotion

I agree with all others who said to be very wary of using discount codes in conjunction with this offer. The last time I wanted to get a big bonus (advertised in the SkyMall magazine on the plane), I immediately ordered a whole bunch of stuff, and then (apparently) inserted a discount code. It tooks month to straighten out and I was told over the phone then that the offer does not apply when you use a discount or coupon code.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:31 am

I agree that those using the free shipping coupon are very unlikely to get their miles. It is clear that Skymall makes a lot of money on shipping the high priced orders (unless you buy the giraffe), so I doubt they are willing to offer this promotion if they aren't bringing in the shipping money too. The terms clearly state that coupons can't be used. That is what they will default to when they deny your miles, not what a phone representative told you.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 3:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Delta Plat
Bought Samsung Galaxy Tab, we'll see

Another data point, I just bought the 16 GB 10.1" Galaxy tab and Bead and Rattan Cool Seat, total 520 + 20 shipping (didnt want to risk using a code). Was promised the 25000 miles on the final page, so they better cough up ;-)
Old Sep 17, 2011, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by hilmar
Another data point, I just bought the 16 GB 10.1" Galaxy tab and Bead and Rattan Cool Seat, total 520 + 20 shipping (didnt want to risk using a code). Was promised the 25000 miles on the final page, so they better cough up ;-)
I also ordered the Galaxy tab with a 9 volt battery, total came to $500.98 and $553.56 after tax/delivery.

I am sure I could sell this for $450 on craigslist in cash (so no eBay fees). Makes it $104 for 25,000 skymiles, a pretty good deal even though I value skymiles at less than most others.

I'd been thinking of getting a tablet though, so I might just keep it. In which case I'd consider buying another one for the miles. I'll decide tomorrow.

EDIT: This is what it looks like on my receipt:

Does anyone have any confirmation that multiple orders will each get the bonus? The T&C seem to allow it. Pretty good mileage earning opportunity there. Unfortunately I don't really need skymiles, but for those that could use some you could pretty easily get a few million at the rate of 250,000/$1000 or so.

Also a great opportunity to meet minimum spends on CC's.

Last edited by drbobguy; Sep 17, 2011 at 9:03 pm
Old Sep 17, 2011, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA, DL, SPG, Hyatt
Returns anybody?

So is anybody who is ordering electronics planning on returning the items to a store in order to get store credit? Are there stores that you can return these items to that will allow this? Don't know that I really want to pay full price for any items.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 9:23 pm

Well I hope this works. I just did a second order for $500.98 plus taxes/shipping.

I'm willing to be a guinea pig. And after watching the video reviews of the galaxy tab I think I'll just keep one and gift the other. I hadn't realized it's the best android tablet out there, and second only to the iPad probably of the current crop of tablets.

EDIT: I should mention that the second order, having signed in from the same skymall account, also says "25000 miles earned"

Last edited by drbobguy; Sep 17, 2011 at 9:41 pm
Old Sep 17, 2011, 9:33 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
1800 Watt EasyTurbo Steam Iron $99.99
T-Fal Stainless Cookware Set $89.99
Self Regulating Sheets - Queen $189.95
Genuine Turkish Hand Towels $59.85
Genuine Turkish Bath Towels $69.90

Delivery Charge: $21.25
Tax: $46.73
Order Total: $577.66 (less delivery & tax, 509.68)
and yes, the above indicated 25,000 Delta SkyMiles on the submit order page

estimating the cost of miles via other methods at 1.1 cents per miles, $275 total value of the miles and so ~$300 vs ~$575

New job and new apartment near job to avoid a commute so a few basic items such are required. All in all, without the Delta SkyMiles the items are expensive but with the Delta SkyMiles the items are not so expensive...
Old Sep 18, 2011, 5:25 am

The keep pulling down the batteries off of their site and making it harder to search for cheap items.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 5:36 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Marriott Platinum Premier; ICG Platinum
Skymall 25000 Miles

Originally Posted by drbobguy
Well I hope this works. I just did a second order for $500.98 plus taxes/shipping.

I'm willing to be a guinea pig. And after watching the video reviews of the galaxy tab I think I'll just keep one and gift the other. I hadn't realized it's the best android tablet out there, and second only to the iPad probably of the current crop of tablets.

EDIT: I should mention that the second order, having signed in from the same skymall account, also says "25000 miles earned"
When you placed the second order, was the first order still listed in your shopping cart? I planned to do it again today, but while it says it is processing the items I bought yesterday, they are still listed in my shopping cart. I'm afraid if I remove them all, it will affect yesterday's order, yet I can's start from scratch today.

Any ideas?
Old Sep 18, 2011, 5:37 am

I am placing no less than 8 orders today.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 7:42 am

Programs: HH Dia, WOH Dia, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plt
Sodastream items might make some great X-mas gifts and aren't that much more than the Amazon price.

UPDATE: Sodastream items do not qualify for the promo, apparently.

Last edited by Alumino; Sep 18, 2011 at 3:36 pm
Old Sep 18, 2011, 7:52 am

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
What are you ordering?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.