Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyMall 25000, Offer expires Sunday September 18, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyMall 25000, Offer expires Sunday September 18, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2011, 4:17 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Quick question guys, I got to checkout and didn't see where I can put my Delta Skymiles number. What am I missing here?
Old Sep 16, 2011, 5:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by AirForceFlyer
Quick question guys, I got to checkout and didn't see where I can put my Delta Skymiles number. What am I missing here?
Go back and click on the link from the first page again and then on the last page before submit you will see on left side skymiles number box!^
Old Sep 16, 2011, 5:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Would any of this, such as the Canon cameras count on a credit card price protection claim? They are advertised at Target all the time......
Just a thought. I can't seem to find anything I need at SkyMall!!!!

JudyJFLA
Debating on the giant giraffe or the easter island statue!
Old Sep 16, 2011, 7:45 pm

yes but you need to have one of those expensive cards , and a local store to have a lower price...
thought about it but none of my cards have that bennie...
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:10 pm

Location: Atlanta, GA - AirTran Elite #1 FF * Delta Diamond Medallion * Starwood Platinum * PriorityClub Gold * Hilton Diamond
Has Anyone Figured Out the Best Deal?

Okay, FlyerTalk is a creative group. I live here in Atlanta. The best deal I've been able to figure out so far is the following:

EOS Rebel T3 SLR Camera & Lens
Canon - 5157B002AM9
Price:$599.99

Product Total: $599.99
Delivery: $21.25
Taxes: $49.70
ORDER TOTAL: $670.94

Selling on Amazon.com new at $539.00

My Price Would Probably Be: $529.00 - 10% Amazon commission = $476.00

Cost for 25,000 Miles = 194.94

There has to be a better way to get a better deal than this? Any ideas? I'm not complaining about $0.01 per mile, but I'm not as excited as I would be $0.005 cents per mile. FLYERTALKERS HELP!
Old Sep 17, 2011, 12:39 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Buy several lawn sculptures and make your own African Safari Preserve in your hometown. Charge $29.95 per person for an up close and wild simulated African safari.
2x Lioness with Cub Statue = $498 (
1x Triumphant Elephant Sculpture = $495
2x Gorilla of the Congo Statue = $470
2x Zairen the Zebra Sculpture = $498
1x Mombasa the Garden Giraffe = $995 (yes I know it's double the price, but trust me it will MAKE the safari)
You'll need to throw in a few small purchases to fill out the $500 minimums, but that should net you 125k miles for $3k. You only need 100 people to come visit and pay $29.95 to break even! After reading this thread, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ons-world.html , I am sure you will have no problem attracting customers

Now, let's see what your new Safari Theme Park might look like! And I think you already have your first customer over there by Mombasa (only $2970.05 left to go!).

... is anyone else a little concerned about that zebra surrounded by two lions????
Old Sep 17, 2011, 2:13 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Hmm.. so what has everybody decided to buy?
Old Sep 17, 2011, 2:25 am
Suspended

Agree with randomtask123....good if you can pull it off but there is some risk.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 7:03 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Marriott Platinum Premier; ICG Platinum
SKYMALL 25,000 promotion

I've followed all the instructions, links, and looked for exclusions and got my total to $500.02. But when I check out, nowhere does it ask me for my Skymiles number. I really don't want to spend $500, even though I can use most of the things, unless I am certain to get it.

Any guidance?
ProfessorClare
Old Sep 17, 2011, 7:14 am

SKYMALL 25,000 promotion

I've gone through the process 4 times now (using the right link), and while I get to the submit page and it asks me how I heard about them and offers Delta as a possibility, nowhere on the page does it ask for my Skymiles number. I've searched everywhere. Could this be a difference in browsers?
ProfessorClare
Old Sep 17, 2011, 7:34 am

In the states it is so easy to return everything why not buy a heap of Rebels and return them to Walmart/Bestbuy/etc?
Old Sep 17, 2011, 7:49 am

Location: Atlanta, GA - AirTran Elite #1 FF * Delta Diamond Medallion * Starwood Platinum * PriorityClub Gold * Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by keirnna
In the states it is so easy to return everything why not buy a heap of Rebels and return them to Walmart/Bestbuy/etc?
It's unethical, but let me answer the question anyway. It used to be the case years ago that you could return anything to one of the "majors" and get it refunded or store credit. With price differences from the Internet and with returns taking away a huge amount of profits, retail stores in the US stopped accepting returns of electronics without receipts.

I LOVED the safari example above! That was awesome! But anyone have any better ideas than the EOS Rebel? There has to be something better that can be bought / sold at less of a hit . . .
Old Sep 17, 2011, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by JoeFlyer
It's unethical, but let me answer the question anyway. It used to be the case years ago that you could return anything to one of the "majors" and get it refunded or store credit. With price differences from the Internet and with returns taking away a huge amount of profits, retail stores in the US stopped accepting returns of electronics without receipts.

I LOVED the safari example above! That was awesome! But anyone have any better ideas than the EOS Rebel? There has to be something better that can be bought / sold at less of a hit . . .
I completely agree that it is unethical; however, in my short time participating here I've been blown away by how cheap and unscrupulous many members are here. That's certainly not to say everyone as there are a ton of generous helpful people here, but it really seems like there is a large undercurrent of people just willing to rape companies for every single thing they can get for free.

Living in Japan with the JPY/USD rate where it is I can re-sell these things for much cheaper than they retail for here normally.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 8:51 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
1. Instead of clicking the link, just type in www.skymall.com/25000. This is the address to get the offer, but when you go there it actually redirects you to a diff URL. You will know if you the site is using the offer if you see this banner towards the top of the page:

2. After you get $500+ worth of items selected, go to your shopping cart and click the 'check out' button.

3. Fill out the information in Step 1 of the checkout process, either entering your log in info for returning customers or fill in the info as a new customer. Note that you will not enter your DL info on this page. Click continue to go to step 2.

4. Next fill out the info in 'Step 2' of the check out process. This is the billing address and credit card info. At the bottom you should have a spot to enter your SkyMiles number. Next to the 'submit' button at the bottom, it should mention the offer and terms for the 25,000 bonus miles.

If that doesn't work, then you might have another offer in your cache/history/cookies that is overriding the delta one. Either use a new/fresh browser or delete cache and cookies and start again. You can also just call in the order at 1-800-SKY-MALL and do it that way. In my email with customer service asking about the eligibility of the camera, they said if I had any issues that I could call to place the order and get the offer.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 9:03 am

SKYMALL 25,000 promotion

Originally Posted by AirForceFlyer
Hi AirForceFlyer,
As you'll see I had the same problems. I then switched browser preference from Firefox to Safari and suddenly the nice little box asking for my Skymiles number did appear where others said it would be and I hit apply and submit. Just to make extra sure, since when I printed my receipt my number did not appear I called Skymall to make sure they had it (and they said they did).
Ah -- what did I buy?
Some gifts:
Wine Cork Serving Tray Kit
NFL Powerdecal Base Unit
Cafe de Paris Wine Sommelier
NFL Logo Cube
Red Hides Wine Stains T shirt
Then for me:
Country Tuscan Curio Cabinet
Temple & Eye Massager
& various Egyptian jewelry boxes and ornaments.
Compression socks

ProfClare

Last edited by ProfessorClare; Sep 17, 2011 at 10:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.