Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyMall 25000, Offer expires Sunday September 18, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyMall 25000, Offer expires Sunday September 18, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2011, 8:46 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
My 9 orders show as processing still. But, the Galaxy Tab in them shows "Processing Order" and the battery packs in each order shows as "Vendor Acknowledged".

I'm assuming that this is because SkyMall may actually ship the Tabs themselves, but use a 3rd party vendor for the batteries. This was somewhat upheld because I just received my 2 9v batteries from my USAir Grand Slam promo purchase and they were shipped from "Improvements". So, apparently "Improvements" is the company who will be fulfilling battery orders, but I don't know who will be fulfilling the Tab orders.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:07 am

Well I had ordered four and as of this morning two of them shipped and two of them were cancelled. Disappointing, but works for me!

EDIT: Actually I take it back, now I see that only the 9V batteries were cancelled... hmmm, I hope that's not an issue since it bumps two orders below $500.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by drbobguy
Well I had ordered four and as of this morning two of them shipped and two of them were cancelled. Disappointing, but works for me!

EDIT: Actually I take it back, now I see that only the 9V batteries were cancelled... hmmm, I hope that's not an issue since it bumps two orders below $500.
Which day did you place your orders?
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:21 am

Saturday night and Sunday morning.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:38 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
I got a call from the fraud department yesterday confirming that I meant to send one shipment to my billing address and all the others to another address.

Indeed I did (lower taxes). Appreciated the call. The message also confirmed that I was enrolled in the Skymiles promo.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 5:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Talking

You should be fine. Last year I had $475 of the product of one order canceled due to out of stock and still got the 25k miles for $25 spend.

This year all $5000 of my TABS made it (less 9V) and are up on ebay!
Old Sep 21, 2011, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by deltagoldflyer
You should be fine. Last year I had $475 of the product of one order canceled due to out of stock and still got the 25k miles for $25 spend.

This year all $5000 of my TABS made it (less 9V) and are up on ebay!
So you've ordered 9 tablets recently and they all say shipped? Why aren't these jerks shipping my stuff? Skymall sucks!
Old Sep 21, 2011, 8:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Wink

Originally Posted by vertosman
So you've ordered 9 tablets recently and they all say shipped? Why aren't these jerks shipping my stuff? Skymall sucks!
nope 10. just sold 1 so 9 to go. i ordered early but they should all be going out this week so hold off on your ebay posts until I unload mine
Old Sep 21, 2011, 8:07 pm

I have two pending refunds on my card from Skymall, but all of my orders are still in process.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 3:34 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Marriott Platinum Premier; ICG Platinum
Skymall 25,000 miles

Originally Posted by spriteguy
Just curious if anyone's ordered shipped yet? My Galaxy tab still says "processing order"...
I placed two separate orders above $500. A small portion say they have shipped, others say they have been processed and yet others that they are waiting for the vendor.

Whoever gets their 25,000 (or however many) miles posted first, please let us all know. It took me forever last time they had a deal like this.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 6:33 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat

I have now just received two emails saying that the batteries were canceled off of two of my orders. I've written to Aaron and asked him what this means for the status of my 25k miles considering that I didn't intend to have the batteries canceled. We'll see what he says...

I'll be quite unhappy if their inability to have an accurate inventory count will be the cause of me not getting 50k SkyMiles!
Old Sep 22, 2011, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
I have now just received two emails saying that the batteries were canceled off of two of my orders. I've written to Aaron and asked him what this means for the status of my 25k miles considering that I didn't intend to have the batteries canceled. We'll see what he says...

I'll be quite unhappy if their inability to have an accurate inventory count will be the cause of me not getting 50k SkyMiles!
One of my orders with AAA batteries shows cancelled for the batteries only and the tablet still shows as processing. What an unbelievably inefficient and all around crappy organization Skymall is.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 9:10 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
My lone order that does not include a Galaxy tablet has shipped. All the Galaxy orders are in process.

I suggest that everyone just calm down. This should work itself out in the end, and we have critical mass here to make sure that it all works out in the end. Plus we have plenty of commentary from the company that this will be honored, and no reason to believe otherwise.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 9:49 am

Latest response from Aaron... looks like we should be all set still:

Thank you for contacting me. I do apologize about the inconvenience caused about the batteries going out of stock. I looked at the orders and trust me you have nothing to worry about. We are not going to disqualify your purchase from the promotion over a pack of batteries.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 4:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by andymo99
My lone order that does not include a Galaxy tablet has shipped. All the Galaxy orders are in process.

I suggest that everyone just calm down. This should work itself out in the end, and we have critical mass here to make sure that it all works out in the end. Plus we have plenty of commentary from the company that this will be honored, and no reason to believe otherwise.
+1 - My one Galaxy order just shipped. Combined I am sure we did a LOT of galaxy orders, give them a chance to get thru all of them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.