Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL78 ; Baby Diaper delay in Tampa

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2011, 5:05 am

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Super - we can now all look forward to explicit announcements with props and demonstrations of the proper way to dispose of a diaper during the safety demonstrations.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 6:45 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
As a man, despite the use of "she" a few times in this thread, it wouldn't surprise me if it were another man that caused this.

My first few times changing the kids onboard were pretty stressful experiences for me, though in hindsight (now that they're older), it seems so easy. It could have been a woman as well; there's no information to favor one sex over the other here.

Regardless of this likely being a pax that caused this (versus crew), I'd imagine this should be treated as mechanical, and pax compensated accordingly.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 9:14 am

Programs: DL/KM Platinum, STE+, Hertz Prezzie
Originally Posted by NYBanker
As a man, despite the use of "she" a few times in this thread, it wouldn't surprise me if it were another man that caused this.
50/50 F/M chance I'd day... and yes, maybe more? Not from freaking out or incompetence but by seating probability. Dads may be more likely want the leg stretch of an aisle seat over Mom and are therefore may be more likely to take them. I think I see more dads going to the lav with urchins than moms. In our diaper days, I personally double ZL bagged and trashed it when I was on pottycall. But won't even flush diaper wipes let alone full diapers.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: IC.Spire Amb. Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by csizzlin
Unless it was from the previous flight.
The plane arrived from Memphis according to the GA.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by havepointswilltravel
The plane arrived from Memphis according to the GA.
Are you implying the culprit was Elvis
Old Jul 23, 2011, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bonzaiflyer
If it were simply stuck in the lav, then DL could fly with 1 lav in-op on this ship. My guess is it's stuck somewhere in the plumbing that goes to the lav service truck, and they can't get the chute closed/sealed properly.

If they can't get that closed and sealed properly, then its a pressurization issue that's keeping the ship grounded. In any case, it 's a sh*tty situation.

I'd just go to the club and get a Jack & Diet.
That makes more sense, since I have flown on some short domestic flights where they had no lav at all.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by MarqFlyer
Agree that anyone who'd try to flush a diaper is an idiot.

Don't necessarily agree that it would be easy to figure out who did it. It would be obvious if there was just one baby on board...but that seems pretty unlikely for a summertime flight to Florida. If there were even two pax with babies on the flight, how would you figure out which party is responsible if they both deny it? Probably not worth the effort for DL to even try....
For some reason I thought the OP said the First Class lav, which it would be easy to know who the culprit is if there was only one person with an infant in first class.

But you are right it probably isn't worths deltas time to try to figure it out and even if they do the person could deny it. It is costing delta money though if they have to give out food vouchers and rebook people. If someone misses their connection I am sure delta won't be able to get out of paying for a hotel either since it is a mechanical irrops even though someone was responsible for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.