Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL78 ; Baby Diaper delay in Tampa

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2011, 6:34 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
I was supposed to fly ORD-YYC on UA CR7 (operated by OO) earlier this year. The one (and only) lav onboard was INOP so (for this 3hr20 min flight - eek) they load capped the aircraft at 50 passengers due to no lavs onboard. Must be some operating reg

Flight was oversold to begin with so that was a lot of fun.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 7:37 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by ColumbiaPete
Hmmmm...JFK, in the summer. Might be a possibility that once they lost their departure slot due to the lav issue, that it turned into an ATC issue of not having a slot available at JFK.

Nice to know some people are feeling pampered on the flight though.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by havepointswilltravel
DL 78 to JFK scheduled to depart at 1205 still on ground at 2.50pm. Bird with regn N348NB had a baby diaper stuck in the toilet according to the GA. Estimated time of departure tentatively 4.00pm.How long does it take to unclog a lavatory? Many passengers with international connections in trouble. According to GA there is no replacement bird available.
That's not good at all. She shouldn't flushed the toilet. Only where she can put the baby diaper in the trash and not in the toilet. She did not follow the rules from the flight crew instructions.

Who is her fault or DL is their fault? Could get a real problem the flight.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA, Delta Kryptonium (DM) Hyatt Diamond IHG Fake Plat (Ambassador), HH Gold
Hope that wasn't my diaper that made everyone's day stink. I usually remember to dispose of it properly, sometimes I don't. It Depends!
Old Jul 21, 2011, 9:44 pm

Programs: DL FO, US Silver, MR Plat, HH Silver
I was on an ATL-SAN flight on a 757 earlier this year. One of the rear lavs was INOP and it didn't cause any sort of delay. They just put an out of order sign on it. I was also on a flight where none of the lav sinks worked. Seems odd to cancel the flight over this.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 9:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wonderous device: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Side question... How many inop lavs are legit? I was AMS-SEA earlier in the year and some if not all of the mid cabin lavs were out of service for the duration causing sizeable lines in the rear. Aside from annoying, wonder if there is a minimum?
Old Jul 21, 2011, 11:21 pm

Programs: DL, AA, US, UA, VX
Originally Posted by mapsgl
Hope that wasn't my diaper that made everyone's day stink. I usually remember to dispose of it properly, sometimes I don't. It Depends!
OMG....I'm cracking up over your post!! At first I was going to be very irate with my response...but then....the ending! Good one! ^
Old Jul 22, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Originally Posted by N830MH
That's not good at all. She shouldn't flushed the toilet. Only where she can put the baby diaper in the trash and not in the toilet. She did not follow the rules from the flight crew instructions.
How do you know that it was a woman who put the diaper into the toilet? Men know how to change diapers too, you know. [raises hand]

Originally Posted by beckoa
I was AMS-SEA earlier in the year and some if not all of the mid cabin lavs were out of service for the duration causing sizeable lines in the rear.
[bolding mine]

There's probably a joke in there somewhere...but I'm not gonna go there!
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by SamuelS
I was supposed to fly ORD-YYC on UA CR7 (operated by OO) earlier this year. The one (and only) lav onboard was INOP so (for this 3hr20 min flight - eek) they load capped the aircraft at 50 passengers due to no lavs onboard. Must be some operating reg

Flight was oversold to begin with so that was a lot of fun.
I am surprised they would allow a flight for that duration with no lav. I am surprised a flight that long would only have 1 lav on it.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:31 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
If it just one toilet I am surprised they cancelled the flight. I have been on flights before where one of the LAVs was out of order and one time on an American Eagle DTW/ORD they did the flight with the only lav on board out of order. The gate agent made an announcement warning people the toilet was out of order before they started boarding.

What idiot would flush a diaper though??? It should be pretty easy to figure out who the guilty person is.
No kidding, I've been on a full TPAC with THREE lavs out of order! Quite an experience!
Old Jul 22, 2011, 10:49 am

Contact the TSA, they are expert diaper inspectors. HA
Old Jul 22, 2011, 11:38 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC LT Titanium, IHG Spire, HY Glbist
If it were simply stuck in the lav, then DL could fly with 1 lav in-op on this ship. My guess is it's stuck somewhere in the plumbing that goes to the lav service truck, and they can't get the chute closed/sealed properly.

If they can't get that closed and sealed properly, then its a pressurization issue that's keeping the ship grounded. In any case, it 's a sh*tty situation.

I'd just go to the club and get a Jack & Diet.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 12:17 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by beckoa

Side question... How many inop lavs are legit? I was AMS-SEA earlier in the year and some if not all of the mid cabin lavs were out of service for the duration causing sizeable lines in the rear. Aside from annoying, wonder if there is a minimum?
For this reason nudist colonies eschew wicker furniture.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL/KM Platinum, STE+, Hertz Prezzie
what's sad about people trying to flush a diaper down a lavvie is that it mean they do it at home. Or are total air-douches.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 2:02 pm

Programs: Chivas, Tequila, Good Beer
I know people here want to lynch the first woman with a baby they see over this deal but....

Could it be a DEPENDS?

You know the adult kind.

Think about it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.