GRR
PHX
RIC
ORF
CHS
BHM
MSN
SAN

From this list, the only adds I see are MSY, PHX, CHS, and SAN. The rest were too reliant on connecting traffic. OneJet isn't able to make PIT work, so I don't see DL having any better luck. It's just too drive-able.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
P&G <--> Gillette comes to mind....

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Also, is there a corporate link between Cincinnati and Boston? BOS is the only NE city that has consistently maintained multiple mainline frequencies to CVG.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 5:34 am

Programs: DL Dia, KM, 2MM, Hilton Dia, Natl Emer Exec. Avis Pres.
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I wish more connections via CVG were available.....I love that airport.
DL is adding 6 weekly nonstop flights to AUS starting May 1.

Last edited by hortkie; Jan 24, 2018 at 7:19 am Reason: Thread police
Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hortkie
DL is adding 6 weekly nonstop flights to AUS starting May 1.
Yep, but that was already posted/discussed in this thread several weeks ago -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29230436&postcount=505
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: DL, UA
It looks like starting 04NOV, DL is restarting CVG-PHX with a daily 738.

DL 341 CVG-PHX 0730-0930
DL 342 PHX-CVG 1700-2305
hortkie likes this.

Last edited by WidgetKid; Feb 4, 2018 at 4:39 pm
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Also, is there a corporate link between Cincinnati and Boston? BOS is the only NE city that has consistently maintained multiple mainline frequencies to CVG.
As someone said there is P&G and now GE moved its headquarters to Boston. There is plenty of corporate traffic.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by WidgetKid
It looks like starting 04NOV, DL is restarting CVG-PHX with a daily 738.

DL 341 CVG-PHX 0730-0930
DL 342 PHX-CVG 1700-1105
That is great news but I hope they will adjust the timings.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador

That is great news but I hope they will adjust the timings.
Those are perfect timings for a work commute - what would you want them adjusted to? (the return leg is obviously 17:00 - 23:05, not 17:00 to 11:05.. that would be a long flight )
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ethernal
Those are perfect timings for a work commute - what would you want them adjusted to? (the return leg is obviously 17:00 - 23:05, not 17:00 to 11:05.. that would be a long flight )
Adjusting it a few hours each way would allow for connections. I don't think they can fill a 738 on O/D alone. They are going to need some connecting traffic to make it successful. Otherwise an E175 might be a better fit.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:27 pm
Suspended

CVG-RSW also returns to year-round service and TPA gets a second flight.

It looks like there will be upgrades to cities like RDU,BWI,STL... Hopefully with the C SERIES now back on schedule for delivery it will allow for CR7/9 and E-175 to takeover some CVG markets. Each route IMO needs at least two flights to cover O/D on both ends. It would also be nice to relieve some of the stress on ATL.

Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL, UA

It looks like there will be upgrades to cities like RDU,BWI,STL... Hopefully with the C SERIES now back on schedule for delivery it will allow for CR7/9 and E-175 to takeover some CVG markets. Each route IMO needs at least two flights to cover O/D on both ends. It would also be nice to relieve some of the stress on ATL.

Some markets are also seeing resumption of Saturday service (ORD is the one that comes to mind but I believe there are a few others).
Old Feb 4, 2018, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by WidgetKid
Some markets are also seeing resumption of Saturday service (ORD is the one that comes to mind but I believe there are a few others).
That is good news. I remember the last time I connected through CVG on a Saturday it was a ghost town.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium

That is good news. I remember the last time I connected through CVG on a Saturday it was a ghost town.
CVG is essentially a MEM or MSY on a weekend. Hubs and that's it for the most part.

Glad to see that more Saturday service is coming back. I think CVG could potentially get back above 100 daily flights if this trend continues. Especially once the CS100s start replacing RJs.

Last edited by KDCAflyer; Feb 4, 2018 at 11:00 pm
Old Feb 4, 2018, 11:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by WWads
CVG is essentially a MEM or MSY on a weekend. Hubs and that's it for the most part.

Glad to see that more Saturday service is coming back. I think CVG could potentially get back above 100 daily flights if this trend continues. Especially once the CS100s start replacing RJs.
Yes I think it needs at least that many flights to be a viable operation and I'm hoping they will make some adjustments this year. The renewed the lease on Concourse B for the long term so they may as well utilize it. Otherwise that CVG-PHX flight is doomed from the beginning. A 738 at that timing is too much capacity for just local Cincinnati demand. They need to time it after the morning flights arrive. A red-eye PHX-CVG may also be better suited. Passengers could connect to the morning CVG departurs.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 5:34 am

releiving stress on ATL may accelerate as a priority. The financial losses endured during outages far exceed the synergies enjoyed through the mega hub efficiencies. Diversifying your risk through this siphoning of traffic and have a check valve in place is prudent. Putting aside the discussion of one airport vs another, having reliable and fault tolerant routing is a ciritical component of running an operation and I won’t be surprised to see Delta and others further pursue this strategy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.