Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade with miles @ Delta - procedure

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2011, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Oh, no K ares available? K is the lowest allowed for mile upgrades, so it should've been cheaper than the Q fare.

Yeah as mentioned I wouldn't worry about calling or anything to have it reissued until a week before your flight. It might get automatically done by then too.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:38 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
I disagree here, if your itinerary reflects G/Z and you have seats showing in F, I would leave it as is. I have on more than one occasion used miles to upgrade myself and a companion where they were never withdrawn and flew F with no problems.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:09 am

Programs: DL Silver (aka, Delta AmEx PLUS), Starbucks Gold :)
Originally Posted by mlad1101
I disagree here, if your itinerary reflects G/Z and you have seats showing in F, I would leave it as is. I have on more than one occasion used miles to upgrade myself and a companion where they were never withdrawn and flew F with no problems.
The question to the OP, would then be, "do you want to take a chance?" If travelling alone, I might take that chance if I really don't need to be in F. But if I'd like to sit next to my travel companion in F, then I'd ensure that all goes well and to ensure that my ticket was reissued.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:05 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by LGANightOwl
The question to the OP, would then be, "do you want to take a chance?" If travelling alone, I might take that chance if I really don't need to be in F. But if I'd like to sit next to my travel companion in F, then I'd ensure that all goes well and to ensure that my ticket was reissued.
I've never had a problem with this but I just did a miles upgrade on a TPAC M fare and I don't want this to be the first time. How can I tell if my ticket was reissued?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Chivas, Tequila, Good Beer
Originally Posted by rylan
Oh, no K ares available? K is the lowest allowed for mile upgrades, so it should've been cheaper than the Q fare.

Yeah as mentioned I wouldn't worry about calling or anything to have it reissued until a week before your flight. It might get automatically done by then too.
The route has "Q" on the way out and "K" on the way in. The Res Agent was fair in pricing the route at $530 (not $503 as originally posted).

I called the DM Desk to let them now the miles are still in my account and to ask what is going on and what will happen.

I communicated to her that I was concerned I would end up in "Y" while my companion in an FC award would en up in next to some "Kettle Medallion". Although I must say that as a "faux DM" I could still be upgraded in case DL fails. The flights are on Saturdays, which is a good day for UGs.

The DM agent reassured me that I am OK. That I am BOOKED in G/Z and that my seats are BLOCKED and assigned to my reservation.

When I asked her about the miles she said my ticket has been set up with the proper "notations" and passed to the next department for processing (REISSUE) and that it may take a week or longer.

When I asked her if the miles are not taken out a couple of weeks before departure if I should call. She said no need to do that because of the reasons stated above. That the system will work fine.

Knowing what I know, if the miles are not taken by 2 weeks before the trip I will contact them again to make sure I am cool.

Thanks for the advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.