Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond that acts like a 2 yr old

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2011, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Diamond that acts like a 2 yr old

I was scheduled to be on a SAT-DTW-LGA flight last Thursday at 4:45pm. Because of mechanical issue the SAT-DTW segment was going to be 3 hrs delayed and I would miss my connection. I was protected on a SAT-ATL-LGA flight.

When I got to the gate at SAT for the ATL flight I asked where I was on the list and was told #2 because another DM on Y fare was ahead of me but FC checked in full.

I had my bulkhead seat of 16C on a 757. I got on the plane and Y started at row 20, a differently configured 757. There was a bunch of us with this issue. The GA was assigning us seats on the fly with a full flight they were all in the back. I got 44C . This moron gets on and is all huffy and complaining to the GA asking for his name. He sat there pouting with his arms crossed until about 5 mins before departure the FA asked for Mr X to push is call button, which he did like he was in the ring with Ali. When the FA came up to him she said "you can go up front" and he was "Oh" and all of a sudden in a nice mood.

Everyone around me was a frequent flyer (we all had our drink coupons in hand) and shrugged it off that we were back there. The FA served us and would not take the coupons. It's embarrasing when you meet up with such babies with status. I am assuming he was the #1 on the list, I would hate to think he was some GM who thought he was more important
Old Jun 26, 2011, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL SM, PC Gold Elite
Did he happen to have on a DM hat and DM polo??
Old Jun 26, 2011, 1:54 pm

Programs: WN,DL,AA,UA,B6,more!
Funny you mention the drink coupon thing.

On my past two return legs I tried to give my coupons on my DTW - ATL and BWI - ATL flights and they wouldn't take them either.

First time nothing special happened just a nice FA.

Second time we had a mechanical and were a little north of 2 hours delayed.

Good job on DL's FAs to see when they can do a little extra for us medallions. ^

Foo
Old Jun 26, 2011, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA, Delta Kryptonium (DM) Hyatt Diamond IHG Fake Plat (Ambassador), HH Gold
I thought this was going to be about me, but I am only a PM.

I saw a meltdown of a DM this past Friday There were some IROPS and a large number of medallions were flying in the back. Had a notice on check in asking for VDB . I refused as my sons third birthday was the next day. I had his present in the bin above my seat I even checked my bag knowing how tight it would be.

A DM boards late and there is no bin space left. He slams his bag down. Jingles his DM tags and request that my bag be moved. I refuse, tell him why - not that I need to - then he gets an FA.

FA tells him he needs to gate check, tantrum ensues, more tag jingling. He has to gate check, he pouts and complains for the next 30 mins. **sigh**

Last edited by mapsgl; Jun 26, 2011 at 2:35 pm
Old Jun 26, 2011, 2:11 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Prfrence
Originally Posted by foofiter
Funny you mention the drink coupon thing.

On my past two return legs I tried to give my coupons on my DTW - ATL and BWI - ATL flights and they wouldn't take them either.

First time nothing special happened just a nice FA.

Second time we had a mechanical and were a little north of 2 hours delayed.

Good job on DL's FAs to see when they can do a little extra for us medallions. ^

Foo
Last weekend I was on an all-Y E170 MSP-BWI; I had a "have one on us" coupon from my home print out BP; the FA told me she "didn't have her scanner", and served me an adult beverage without collecting the coupon. Very nice.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 2:20 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Flying DTW-FRA in May, I walked back to the back galley for exercise and something to drink and the FA gave me back the couple I'd given her earlier and gave me another one to boot! Said it was from a guy in BE whose upgrade cleared and so he didn't need it.

So when I was flying LAX-ATL on June 13 when the plane went MX and I got the last upgrade on the next flight, I gave it to the FA and said that if anybody had lost their upgrade because of the MX, to use this.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by DODexpat
LOL, I think DHG has been unfairly maligned on FT. When we didn't know who he was he seemed like a jerk but since he started posting he's actually been a nice guy. Funny post though!
Old Jun 26, 2011, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
I would hate to think he was some GM who thought he was more important
While I understand the temptation to assume it was a DM, your title is a bit misleading. I have certainly seen my share of DM DYKWIA's but also more than a few PM/GM/FO. Fact is, they come in all elite flavors.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 7:00 pm

Programs: I blinked and all my statuses had expired
I ignore GAs and FAs unless they pronounce my status level correctly. I'm a Diamond Medal Lion and I'm fed up with not being addressed as such by air-waitresses
Old Jun 26, 2011, 7:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
I flew on 2 ... 2 hour RJs last week with no FC. I never asked for a drink as I was trying to knap through them. Has any DM/PM gotten any drink comped or whatever on ASA and/or the other regionals? It seems like I hear a lot about this happening on the mainlines.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 8:15 pm

Programs: UAL Platinum, Amex Plat, Kimpton Inner Circle
You gotta love the sense of entitlement.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 9:01 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Entitlements are the only reason for DM status.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 4:33 am

Programs: DL: PM/2MM; MHG; HH;
Originally Posted by DODexpat
No suh. It WAS NOT ME. I was visiting a childhood friend in the local hospital (in another state from the incident) at that time (thank you very much).
Old Jun 27, 2011, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by HongKonger
LOL, I think DHG has been unfairly maligned on FT. When we didn't know who he was he seemed like a jerk but since he started posting he's actually been a nice guy. Funny post though!
Thank you very much. ^
Old Jun 27, 2011, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by Sez_Who
While I understand the temptation to assume it was a DM, your title is a bit misleading. I have certainly seen my share of DM DYKWIA's but also more than a few PM/GM/FO. Fact is, they come in all elite flavors.
Have you ever thought it might be the new, super elite class - KM? I hear they get recycled skoal tin tags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.