Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Earn 40 SkyMiles Per $ Purchasing Gift Certificates @ Spa Finder.com (Through 5/31)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn 40 SkyMiles Per $ Purchasing Gift Certificates @ Spa Finder.com (Through 5/31)

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2011, 9:03 pm

AFAIK, Delta never had the 20 miles per dollar offer on their website (all I saw was 5 miles per dollar) so guessing they won't be as much help as contacting Spafinder (which did have the offer on their website).
Old May 17, 2011, 11:08 pm

If anyone wants to sell the spafinder certificates please shoot me a pm. Thanks
Old May 18, 2011, 9:55 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by vanmatthew
I believe i got 5mile/dollar. Should I contac tDelta or Spafinder?
Always contact the merchant in cases like this, as they are the ones issuing the deposit. Delta just sold them a batch of miles... Spafinder is the one deciding what you get and telling them when to post.

Originally Posted by broog
If anyone wants to sell the spafinder certificates please shoot me a pm. Thanks
If you'll buy between the going eBay rate after-fees (seems to be ~$70/$100 cert from above posts) and pre-fee (~$80/$100 cert), thereby buying them for less than you could on eBay but also giving the seller a higher return than they could get on eBay, I'll bet quite a few people in here will sell to you.
Old May 18, 2011, 1:16 pm

He wants to obtain them at 25 cents on the dollar. LMAO, if anyone wants to cash out their certs for 25 I'll list them on ebay, keep 50 for selling fees and profit, and give you 30 when they sell.
Old May 18, 2011, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by HikerT
He wants to obtain them at 25 cents on the dollar. LMAO, if anyone wants to cash out their certs for 25 I'll list them on ebay, keep 50 for selling fees and profit, and give you 30 when they sell.
+1
Old May 19, 2011, 8:07 am

Programs: SkyMiles Diamond, TK Elite, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Hello,

yesterday SpaFinder tried to drop miles to my SkyMiles account. BUT Delta statement says 0 miles with reason "Name on activity does not match name on account" but it should be same...

Who to contact? SpaFinder or Delta?
Old May 19, 2011, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by xmurphy
Hello,

yesterday SpaFinder tried to drop miles to my SkyMiles account. BUT Delta statement says 0 miles with reason "Name on activity does not match name on account" but it should be same...

Who to contact? SpaFinder or Delta?
Regardless of who is at fault for the mismatch, DL should be able to fix.

UPDATE:

I was wrong. DL suggested contacting SpaFinder, as I had a family account with the same issue.

Last edited by mooper; May 19, 2011 at 10:32 am
Old Jun 5, 2011, 3:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
I had a similar situation to a poster above, purchased the gift certificates and randomly got 5 miles/dollar in my account...I was too busy to follow up but then today went on to get my skymiles # to have when I called spafinder and found that all of the remaining miles posted today!
Old Aug 2, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: DL
I think the initial posting for 5 miles/$1 spent represents the basic SpaFinder promo that's on the Skymiles page.

Any bonus miles that post will be the balance of the 40 miles from the short-lived 40-mile promo on May 11-12.

I got the same message about names not matching, but only for the additional promo miles. A few days earlier, the base miles posted correctly with no problem.

SpaFinder's "customer service" needs a big kick in the pants.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone ever get referral points out of this? I referred a few friends, and I know some made purchases, but I never got referral credit.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Final Tally

Thanks to this deal, my friend and I really got a lot of Delta miles for a pretty excellent price. I first found it on ThePointsGuy - great blog. Thanks, also, to the OP of this thread.

I wanted to circle back with the results of our plunder.

I've converted the numbers to assume that we spent $10,000. So I've multiplied all of these through by the appropriate number to make these easier to compare.

I'm assuming you smart folks will audit these and see if I've made any mistakes (I'm talking to you, NYBanker).

Here goes:

We spent $10,000 (adjusted). Backing that out into a gift certificate value is a little tough because we used the 12% coupon (which would make the value of the gift certificates $11363) but we also got credit in the Spafinder club and got extra certificates that way.

Next, we charged these on a Schwab 2% cash back Visa. So that's $200 back.

eBay fees were generally 6.5%, all in. So I'm using that number, even though a portion of our sales were off-eBay. But I'm being conservative. So eBay fees were about $770.

Shipping costs were about $164 total.

And we received, net of PayPal fees, $9287.

The miles are based on the dollars spent, so we got 400,000.

So:

Code:
10000	Initial spend to Spafinder
- 200	Schwab Cashback
  770	eBay fees
  164	Shipping fees
-9287	Net PayPal proceeds
$1447	Total cost
$1447 for 400,000 miles is about .36 cents per mile.

Needless to say, we're both very happy with the outcome, and we wish we did more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.