Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Earn 40 SkyMiles Per $ Purchasing Gift Certificates @ Spa Finder.com (Through 5/31)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn 40 SkyMiles Per $ Purchasing Gift Certificates @ Spa Finder.com (Through 5/31)

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2011, 12:39 am

Great writeup and nice find on the 12% off coupon. I did a test purchase today and will definitely use the 12% coupon for my follow up order.

Alas, I must point out your sig is 110% wrong. Here is a good site to compare cash back (I think the bigcrumbs amount includes referral percentages):

http://www.rewardsdb.com/cash-back/S...es-Points.html

Edit: I might play it save and do the referral click thru from Delta SkyMiles. I would also be sure to click on the offer link at SpaFinder before purchasing.

One lingering concern I have with doing a sizable purchase is the potential credit risk. Spafinder financials are not public and I can't find much information on them. Hopefully the gift certificates won't be worthless a year from now. Also, just in case anyone is planning to re-sell certificates on ebay, etc. beware the terms and conditions state this may not be allowed.

Last edited by HikerT; May 12, 2011 at 1:04 am
Old May 12, 2011, 12:49 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by HikerT
Great writeup and nice find on the 12% off coupon. I did a test purchase today and will definitely use the 12% coupon for my follow up order.

Alas, I must point out your sig is 110% wrong. Here is a good site to compare cash back (I think the bigcrumbs amount includes referral percentages):

http://www.rewardsdb.com/cash-back/S...es-Points.html

Edit: I might play it save and do the referral click thru from Delta SkyMiles. I would also be sure to click on the offer link at SpaFinder before purchasing.

One lingering concern I have with doing a sizable purchase is the potential credit risk. Spafinder financials are not public and I can't find much information on them. Hopefully the gift certificates won't be worthless a year from now. Also, just in case anyone is planning to re-sell certificates on ebay, etc. beware the terms and conditions state this may not be allowed.
Thanks.

Agree with you on the credit risk. I plan to burn all within the year (various gifts, family use, donations, etc.)

The 110% guarantee is correct, as ShopAtHome provides a guarantee not that they have the highest percent cash back, but that they will beat any higher one by 10% (yielding 110%).
Old May 12, 2011, 12:54 am

But will they refund 110% of your skymiles if the referral invalidates them, grin.

On a $2500 purchase the cash back would be $125. If anything I'd think you'd lose the referral and get the miles. I just can't bring myself to risk losing 100K miles over $125, but maybe greed will get the best of me, lol.
Old May 12, 2011, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Great info to add friends!

Don't forget, if you have a health care FSA, massage therapy is an expense that can be reimbursed IF YOU HAVE A DOCTORS NOTE (PRESCRIPTION) ! ! !
Old May 12, 2011, 4:31 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by chix
Don't forget, if you have a health care FSA, massage therapy is an expense that can be reimbursed IF YOU HAVE A DOCTORS NOTE (PRESCRIPTION) ! ! !
Deductible for those with an HSA, too, correct? Not sure on the tax complexities of that one, including the amount you'd write off and whether the cert purchase or the redemption would trigger the event. Always consult a tax pro before taking the leap.

Btw, Chix, thanks for your role as OP and alerting us all to this great deal!

Originally Posted by HikerT
On a $2500 purchase the cash back would be $125. If anything I'd think you'd lose the referral and get the miles. I just can't bring myself to risk losing 100K miles over $125, but maybe greed will get the best of me, lol.
I agree, and I've skipped step two (cash back) out of prudence, following your line of reasoning. However, because the system prompts for your SkyMiles input regardless of how you initiated the session, and because there are a couple reports of customer service claiming that you will get the miles regardless, I think the odds are decent that it would be okay. All depends how risk averse you are!

Last edited by mooper; May 12, 2011 at 5:47 am
Old May 12, 2011, 4:44 am

Anyone succeeded with a European CC? As I've got $1500 blocked and nothing purchased
Old May 12, 2011, 6:57 am

Interesting thoughts on the volatility of any company. They have been around for a few years but either way, it would behoove us all to burn through these ASAP. I'm sure eBay will be flooded (thanks in part to some of us FTers) so I'll be gifting a lot of mine to f&f.
Old May 12, 2011, 8:02 am

I am following the above link and it takes me to a page stating that Delta Skymiles members earn 10 miles per dollar through May. Then I went to SkymilesShopping.com and the Spafinder link there only gives 2 miles per dollar. I might go for it if I did get the 40 miles per dollar.
Old May 12, 2011, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Redeemed
I am following the above link and it takes me to a page stating that Delta Skymiles members earn 10 miles per dollar through May. Then I went to SkymilesShopping.com and the Spafinder link there only gives 2 miles per dollar. I might go for it if I did get the 40 miles per dollar.
Seeing the same. Gone?
Old May 12, 2011, 8:08 am

WOW we hit it so hard that they killed it in a day or 2??
Old May 12, 2011, 8:08 am

DAMN!!! You snooze you lose. Only bought in for ~30K miles yesterday. Kicking myself for waiting to pull the bigger trigger.

Originally Posted by antonen
Anyone succeeded with a European CC? As I've got $1500 blocked and nothing purchased
If you purchased yesterday I wouldn't sweat it. Mine didn't complete until this morning (after they called to wake me up at 6 AM to verify the purchase). They are probably just backlogged.

Last edited by HikerT; May 12, 2011 at 8:19 am
Old May 12, 2011, 8:14 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Well, they just lost my $1,000 order. Oh, well, this is a big waste of money considering that I already have more than 1 MM Skymiles.
Old May 12, 2011, 10:25 am

I'm still seeing 40 miles per dollar spent!

http://www.spafinder.com/delta/terms.htm

"For every one ($1) dollar spent on SpaFinder Gift Certificates (including gift boxes and other gift accessories), you will earn 40 miles."

as of 12:25pm EST
Old May 12, 2011, 10:29 am

Sweet, looks like it's back. Gonna pull the trigger now and dispute later if necessary.
Old May 12, 2011, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tklw
http://www.spafinder.com/delta/terms.htm

"For every one ($1) dollar spent on SpaFinder Gift Certificates (including gift boxes and other gift accessories), you will earn 40 miles."

as of 12:25pm EST
Yeah - maybe they realized enough people have screenshots with the original end date of 5/31 that they couldn't try this nonsense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.