Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Earn 40 SkyMiles Per $ Purchasing Gift Certificates @ Spa Finder.com (Through 5/31)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn 40 SkyMiles Per $ Purchasing Gift Certificates @ Spa Finder.com (Through 5/31)

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2011, 11:10 am

In for $350, even received reply that my frequent flier number was attributed.
Old May 12, 2011, 11:25 am

That's weird, because I was just on the phone with customer service and they told me there was no way to tell me if my skymiles account was attributed to the purchase. She even asked a supervisor and they said I needed to contact delta in 6-8 weeks.

BTW, this may or may not be new on the terms and conditions:

All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide. Please allow 6-8 weeks after qualification for miles to post to your account.
Could be that click thru from delta.com is also required? Here is the offer page on delta's site:

http://skymilesoffers.delta.com/beau....php#spafinder

EDIT: sounds like click thru from delta is not required per the instructions on spafinder.com:

Membership Instructions

• Visit our shopping page on SpaFinder.com.
• Enter your Delta SkyMiles number during checkout. Not a Delta SkyMiles member? Enroll now!

Last edited by HikerT; May 12, 2011 at 12:08 pm
Old May 12, 2011, 11:28 am

Placed an order for $1000 worth of certs ($880) and had my order put in pending status. Got a phone call less than 10 minutes later asking me to confirm if the order was valid. My guess is that my order is higher than what they typically see.

If you're in MN and already go to Juut for haircuts (or if your spouse does) you can use these there. Haircut and highlights every 2 months will blow through these in less than a year.
Old May 12, 2011, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by gmcerveny
In for $350, even received reply that my frequent flier number was attributed.
OK, just called back AGAIN and spafinder CS gave me the same song and dance. They told me they could not tell me if my skymiles number was attributed and that I had to contact delta in 4-6 weeks. When you got your confirmation, was it with your order confirmation?
Old May 12, 2011, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by josephstern
Yeah - maybe they realized enough people have screenshots with the original end date of 5/31 that they couldn't try this nonsense.
What nonsense? Why would they be obligated to stick with the offer expiration date? They are free to pull the offer at any time, as they should if they believe they're in over their heads. Not honoring the miles for someone who had purchased and followed the rules *before* they pull the offer would be a different story, but they have every right to modify or cancel the offer. Screenshots won't do anything to change this.

Originally Posted by HikerT
OK, just called back AGAIN and spafinder CS gave me the same song and dance. They told me they could not tell me if my skymiles number was attributed and that I had to contact delta in 4-6 weeks. When you got your confirmation, was it with your order confirmation?
I received verbal confirmation yesterday that my SM# could be seen, but either way, I wouldn't rely on verbal confirmation. Write to them to ask. Ultimately, as long as you have a screenshot of your number showing on the order form, you should be in fine shape to dispute later if needed. No company would risk having so many people rely on the offer to their detriment, then choose not to honor it, unless they are bent on going bankrupt.
Old May 12, 2011, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mooper
What nonsense? Why would they be obligated to stick with the offer expiration date? They are free to pull the offer at any time, as they should if they believe they're in over their heads. Not honoring the miles for someone who had purchased and followed the rules *before* they pull the offer would be a different story, but they have every right to modify or cancel the offer. Screenshots won't do anything to change this.
So why have an expiration date at all, ever, if they aren't obligated to stick to it? What's the point?
Old May 12, 2011, 12:22 pm

If they made a mistake or typo it could be in everyone's interest for them to end it early. I don't want to be sitting around with $2500 of gift certificates because they went out of business.
Old May 12, 2011, 12:23 pm

So why have an expiration date at all, ever, if they aren't obligated to stick to it? What's the point?
I don't know. Ask every company that runs promotions that reserve the right to pull them at any time.
Old May 12, 2011, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by infamousdx
I don't know. Ask every company that runs promotions that reserve the right to pull them at any time.
I hear you, but I didn't (and still don't) see that in the terms on this one.
Old May 12, 2011, 12:33 pm

Actually you're right. I don't recall seeing that because I usually look for it.

Either way, glad it's back and I'm about to go back for round 2 of buying.
Old May 12, 2011, 1:16 pm

Because they *intended* to honor the offer through the end of the month. They may change their mind, especially if they realize that continuing the promotion isn't in their best interest. Have you ever made an appointment and then changed it because you realized there was something else you should be doing instead?

Originally Posted by HikerT
If they made a mistake or typo it could be in everyone's interest for them to end it early. I don't want to be sitting around with $2500 of gift certificates because they went out of business.
+!

Originally Posted by infamousdx
I hear you, but I didn't (and still don't) see that in the terms on this one.
Hehe - why would you presume that they need to reserve that right? By default, they have that right. T&C that "reserve the right to modify" are simply communicating a right, not creating it. As long as they continue to post the offer, they must honor it for anyone who relies upon it to their detriment otherwise, however, they may close the offer for new participants at any time. If the offer was a mistake, they may even choose to refuse to honor it for anyone who didn't rely upon it to their financial detriment (though I suspect most people did).
Old May 12, 2011, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mooper
Because they *intended* to honor the offer through the end of the month. They may change their mind, especially if they realize that continuing the promotion isn't in their best interest. Have you ever made an appointment and then changed it because you realized there was something else you should be doing instead?

+!

Hehe - why would you presume that they need to reserve that right? By default, they have that right. T&C that "reserve the right to modify" are simply communicating a right, not creating it. As long as they continue to post the offer, they must honor it for anyone who relies upon it to their detriment otherwise, however, they may close the offer for new participants at any time. If the offer was a mistake, they may even choose to refuse to honor it for anyone who didn't rely upon it to their financial detriment (though I suspect most people did).

I think there's a general concept called "false advertising" that can come into play here.
Old May 12, 2011, 1:32 pm

Well, the good news is the promo is still going. Suggest we all keep focus on the deal for the benefit of others until it's gone.
Old May 12, 2011, 1:43 pm

Now it says just "Earn miles" and not earn 40 miles, although T&C still say "40 miles". If only I didn't get $2000 blocked in unsuccessful purchases... Just not so much finds left on my CC. Hope it will last some time, so that I can refill my CC
Old May 12, 2011, 2:14 pm

I think there's a general concept called "false advertising" that can come into play here.
A mistake is different from intentionally misleading offers or claims, but in either case, damages must be demonstrated before there are grounds to sue. If you made a purchase relying on their offer as part of your decision, they'll make good. Have faith. If they pull the offer before you've had a chance to utilize it, you couldn't have been harmed, so there's nothing you can do (nor should be able to). They are free to change their mind, and there's no need for them to "reserve the right" to do so.

Back to business... now get out there and make the most of this one!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.