Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Earn 40 SkyMiles Per $ Purchasing Gift Certificates @ Spa Finder.com (Through 5/31)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn 40 SkyMiles Per $ Purchasing Gift Certificates @ Spa Finder.com (Through 5/31)

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2011, 2:16 pm

Good news to report here. I emailed customer service and they sang a different tune than the phone reps I talked to. ^

We are happy to confirm that we added your Delta Airlines Account xxxxxxx to both orders #yyyyyyy and #zzzzzzz, and your Skymiles account will be properly credited.
Old May 12, 2011, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by HikerT
Good news to report here. I emailed customer service and they sang a different tune than the phone reps I talked to. ^
I have everything in writing, too. Not worried. Might do a second order. In for several thousand already.
Old May 13, 2011, 12:17 am

The deal is finally dead - 10 miles per $, now in T&C also
Old May 13, 2011, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by antonen
The deal is finally dead - 10 miles per $, now in T&C also
Bummer.... I feel like I spoiled it for some by originally posting here
Old May 13, 2011, 6:52 am

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
This is stinky work the past two days did not have time to make the purchase off the next three days and now deal dead... ughhhh...

its only delta so not too upset .

Last edited by Vacation time; May 13, 2011 at 6:53 am Reason: mmore
Old May 13, 2011, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by chix
Bummer.... I feel like I spoiled it for some by originally posting here
Heck no... had you not posted, fewer people would have gotten in before Spafinder realized they were being overly aggressive with the offer. Thanks so much - this is the way the game is supposed to work!

I ended up with $3,500 worth of spa credit AND 121,000 miles for a $2,750 cash outlay (discounted by the 12% coupon code, 5% cash back site, and Spafinder Rewards that gave $150 in additional free spa credit). The effective cost will actually drop more because I'm donating some certs and taking the tax deduction, and the spa credit will actually increase because our local spa offers six-for-five pre-purchase packages, which amounts to an extra 20% credit when used in that manner. In the end, I'll wind up having purchased miles for less than 2 cents each - roughly the value I assign to them as I use them - so a breakeven proposition *if I ignore the spa credit*. In other words, ignoring the spa portion of the deal, I essentially prepaid for $2,750 worth of travel. However, why ignore $3,500 worth of spa credit?! The brownie points with the wife alone are worth twice that!
Old May 13, 2011, 7:00 am

Whew, good thing I re-upped yesterday. Have to be fast with these kinds of things
Old May 13, 2011, 12:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, SW RR, UA Mileage+
Yeah, also a message on the offer page:

Kudos to those who were able to take advantage of the offer while it lasted. Definitely a "snooze you lose game".

"Special Notice:
The special "40 miles per dollar spent" promotion you may have seen advertised recently has unfortunately been discontinued. This promotion was mistakenly advertised as a result of an error in communication. If you have already made a Delta/SpaFinder purchase during the advertised promotion period your original purchase will be honored at the previously advertised "40 miles per dollar spent" rate. New purchases will earn miles at the Delta/SpaFinder rate of 10 miles per dollar spent. We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion, and, as always, thank you for your business. "
Old May 13, 2011, 12:24 pm

Good for them to honor the promotion, not to mention take it away and then open it back up yesterday for those of us who initially snoozed.

Gives me more confidence the folks running the company have the wisdom to keep the ship afloat until I can sell or use the certificates.

This offer has given me much greater appreciation for accumulating skypesos at significantly reduced cost. For example, the 40 miles per $1 for flowers around mothers day, and a few other promos out there that might be ripe for arbitrage in the future.
Old May 14, 2011, 5:23 pm

This was a great promo, glad they honored it. As for me, I bought at $1500 of GC's and ended up selling all but $200 of them. Final tally for this was 54,000 miles @ .0056 cpm
Old May 15, 2011, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by infamousdx
This was a great promo, glad they honored it. As for me, I bought at $1500 of GC's and ended up selling all but $200 of them. Final tally for this was 54,000 miles @ .0056 cpm
If you don't mind my asking, roughly what were you able to get on the dollar for the certs? I'm planning to have the wife, friends, employees, a couple of charitable causes, and people I gift to use mine, but I haven't ruled out selling some.
Old May 15, 2011, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by mooper
If you don't mind my asking, roughly what were you able to get on the dollar for the certs? I'm planning to have the wife, friends, employees, a couple of charitable causes, and people I gift to use mine, but I haven't ruled out selling some.
$100 cert sold on ebay for $80 all day. Net was ~$69.
Old May 15, 2011, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Why did you only buy $1500?
Old May 15, 2011, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by hobo13
Why did you only buy $1500?
Don't know... arbitrary number I picked that I was comfortable with?
Old May 15, 2011, 10:05 pm

Don't know... arbitrary number I picked that I was comfortable with?
$2200 got you 1936 SpaFinder points, which in turn, when combined with the 100 point sign-up bonus, would get you another $100 cert.

$100 cert sold on ebay for $80 all day. Net was ~$69.
I've purchased on eBay many times; rarely sell. Are the fees $11 on $80, or is there something else that cost you that much?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.