Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Dulltah... believe me... I cannot fly this plane.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dulltah... believe me... I cannot fly this plane.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2011, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, United GS, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by fti
Nothing is Delta's fault, according to some Delta loyalists
Everything is Delta's fault, according to the devout whiners.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 1:45 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by fti
Nothing is Delta's fault, according to some Delta loyalists
Not everything, just long rambling posts without a point. Going to need to get an MBA on the OP to see if I can get some bullet points presented...

Still waiting for the OP to address what the problem was (other than poor communication by ASA) and if the poor communication would have changed the eventual outcome. However, the OP seems to not want to address that.

Originally Posted by DDCT
^
Old Jan 13, 2011, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Whining about the purported "whiners" somehow elevates people to a higher level?

If you don't like a post, stifle yourself & go read something else. This forum is rapidly turning back into a DL fan club.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, United GS, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Whining about the purported "whiners" somehow elevates people to a higher level?

If you don't like a post, stifle yourself & go read something else. This forum is rapidly turning back into a DL fan club.
How do you feel about whiners whining about non whiners?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 2:37 pm

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by DDCT
I complained about Pinnacle's VDB handling, and I got a letter from Pinnacle saying it was Delta's fault

Actually, its a true account
Old Jan 13, 2011, 2:40 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by MikeMpls

No, Mike I'm trying to see if there's an actual point to the post or if it's just another hit and run vent thread.

I would ask your opinion on travel matters but seeing as you do very little of it these days (and even less on DL) I wonder why you even bother posting in the Delta Forums anymore.

And finally, what's wrong with this being a "DL fan club"? Caustic attitudes are part of the reason DL has strayed from here...
Old Jan 13, 2011, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Just an observation: All threads become pointless and dull the longer they get (other than stickies ). So by definition, the fewer the posts in a thread the more meaningful the info. All true so I would just say that we, who contribute to the length of the thread, must at some level enjoy the meaningless part or it would never get meaningless...?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Vuelos

Still waiting for the OP to address what the problem was (other than poor communication by ASA) and if the poor communication would have changed the eventual outcome. However, the OP seems to not want to address that.
Would it have changed the ultimate outcome? No, I would not have gotten home either way last night.

Did the situation impact me? Yes, I wasted a lot of time, that could have otherwise been billable, trying to find a way to get home, working proactively with SMS, working from information that, at best, could be called fictional.

At one point, I moved to a flight that that DL.com showed to be on time, for which the SMS rep had no indication of a problem.

However, as FlightStats clearly indicates, the flight had be posted at being delayed over an hour before the SMS agent moved me.

So, you tell me. Within the context of "we're one big happy family, and you'll get the same standard of service whether you are on a regional or a mainline flight", how long are are you willing to allow info on flight status to take to get get from ASA into the DL system?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by avidflyer
Just an observation: All threads become pointless and dull the longer they get (other than stickies ). So by definition, the fewer the posts in a thread the more meaningful the info. All true so I would just say that we, who contribute to the length of the thread, must at some level enjoy the meaningless part or it would never get meaningless...?
Though thread titles that correlate to the posting actually help.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Though thread titles that correlate to the posting actually help.
Agreed (AvidFlyer say as he adds useless and pointless data to the Ether )
Old Jan 13, 2011, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Would it have changed the ultimate outcome? No, I would not have gotten home either way last night.
@:-)

Did the situation impact me? Yes, I wasted a lot of time, that could have otherwise been billable, trying to find a way to get home, working proactively with SMS, working from information that, at best, could be called fictional.
Now that's a pain in the ... and I will agree with you 100%. However, how often do you have to roll with the punches? Were you dealing with this hour(s) in advance or were you already at the airport?

So, you tell me. Within the context of "we're one big happy family, and you'll get the same standard of service whether you are on a regional or a mainline flight", how long are are you willing to allow info on flight status to take to get get from ASA into the DL system?
That's a major weakness of DL and many of the US majors. regional carriers carry the flag of the selling airline and people rightly and sometimes not so rightly heap the blame on the wrong party. However, ASA is accountable to DL and DL should put the feet to the fire when they cannot properly communicate. However, I am sure that weather will be the ultimate write off for this issue.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OHDL1
You know...Delta...oh...wait a minute....Dulltah doesn't happen to contract with every hotel. Anyway...you should be able to get a voucher for the amount of your room.
Granted.

But, do you feel it is appropriate for DL employees at one location to be promising something that isn't going to happen at the "delivery" location?

"Promise them anything, get them on there way, let someone else pick up the pieces..." Best in class?

Since DL only provides hotel accommodations when the delay is their fault, they could address the hotel room capacity issue by trying a little harder not to screw up so often.

And, it won't be a voucher. I resolved that today. It will be good US dollars. While AMEX may, in effect, own DL body and soul they do not take DL vouchers in payment of credit card bills.

Actually, I'll come out ahead. Had DL given me a room voucher last night, I would not have received the Hilton credits. This way, I am one stay closer to requalifying for Hilton Diamond.

A little return on the frustration investment.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 3:08 pm

Since DL only provides hotel accommodations when the delay is their fault, they could address the hotel room capacity issue by trying a little harder not to screw up so often.
I'm sure that the lack of rooms in ATL last night was directly related to the magnitude of DL screwups not at all affiliated with the ice/snow storm and the number of employees and displaced travelers already put up by the time you arrived from TUL.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm sure that the lack of rooms in ATL last night was directly related to the magnitude of DL screwups not at all affiliated with the ice/snow storm and the number of employees and displaced travelers already put up by the time you arrived from TUL.
Again, this was not an issue of whether hotels rooms were available. People were finding hotel rooms. It was an issue that DL had given out as many rooms as it intended to give out.

Then, except for the apocryphal stories about DL still accommodating DMs (and maybe some PMs) for weather delays, weather issues should not be an issue in terms of depleting the number of rooms DL has to give out. Based upon their past behavior, I am confident that DL is not giving out scads of hotel rooms for weather-delayed PAX. If they were, the stockholders who post here would be squealing like stuck pigs.

Are you asserting that DL still has employees staying in vicinity hotels? If so, what is the basis for your confidence with that statement?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 3:43 pm

Are you asserting that DL still has employees staying in vicinity hotels? If so, what is the basis for your confidence with that statement?
Direct communication with employees who are staying in multiple airport hotels. The roads were still iced in a majority of the city yesterday. They also have an FA training class running...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.