FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dulltah... believe me... I cannot fly this plane.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 3:06 pm
StayingHomeIsBetter
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by OHDL1
You know...Delta...oh...wait a minute....Dulltah doesn't happen to contract with every hotel. Anyway...you should be able to get a voucher for the amount of your room.
Granted.

But, do you feel it is appropriate for DL employees at one location to be promising something that isn't going to happen at the "delivery" location?

"Promise them anything, get them on there way, let someone else pick up the pieces..." Best in class?

Since DL only provides hotel accommodations when the delay is their fault, they could address the hotel room capacity issue by trying a little harder not to screw up so often.

And, it won't be a voucher. I resolved that today. It will be good US dollars. While AMEX may, in effect, own DL body and soul they do not take DL vouchers in payment of credit card bills.

Actually, I'll come out ahead. Had DL given me a room voucher last night, I would not have received the Hilton credits. This way, I am one stay closer to requalifying for Hilton Diamond.

A little return on the frustration investment.