Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Platinum folks: How often are you upgraded?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum folks: How often are you upgraded?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2011, 10:02 am

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
Play all three alliances

Originally Posted by MNAudiS4
From 03-08 i was in the mid 90%. Starting 09 i was 87%, in 2010 i was 80% missing most of them the 2nd half of the year with the new A fares starting and in 2011 i am 40%.

I now use my PU503 certs for the MSP-SJC flights and play the game on the return! I have missed a ton of MSP-ORD/MDW flights which really doesn't matter. Routes where A/P have started it is really tough to get upgraded. I added the DL res. card this year and it obviously hasn't helped! When i miss i am anywhere from 5-15.
You're right on target. Things are changing for some and include me. I think the A fare has changed the game for me. My UG success as PM is about 50%. I worry now more about finding a good coach seat assignment. Now when I book I check AA, UA as well as DL on best F fare. Sometime on AA or UA I can get a great fare which competes for DL A or close to coach. DL still has my most loyalty but now beginning to shop around as domestic UG/F high priority for me. This is the future more and more!
Old Nov 6, 2011, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by stevekstevek
I actually went and did the math, and it isn't as bad as it had seemed.

I am actually 28/44 on upgradeable segments this year (28/55 overall).

But things that I had never missed as an FO, I've missed this year:

a) I had never sat in the back of a CR9, even as a FO, until this year.
b) I actually missed an upgrade yesterday on that A332 MSP->ATL -- there's 32 seats up front -- that shouldn't happen.
c) I missed an upgrade on an MCO->LGA flight
d) I've missed a few on Q/K fares JFK -> SLC
  1. FCM
  2. Capacity reductions
  3. Elite rank inflation
Old Nov 6, 2011, 10:30 am

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
  1. FCM
  2. Capacity reductions
  3. Elite rank inflation
Yep....new day in Dodge!
Old Nov 11, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: Delta-Platinum, Starwood-Platinum
As I noticed others on the forum are discussing the items in the snack basket ... it struck me that I have no idea what is in these baskets any more and I almost forgot that they existed. The reason ... I have not been upgraded on my last 11 eligible segments (dating back to May). I cannot wait until I become a Diamond this Thursday!
Old Nov 11, 2011, 11:59 am

Programs: DL -DM / 2MM, HH - Diamond, Marriott - Platinum
Originally Posted by muffalo
I cannot wait until I become a Diamond this Thursday!
16 eligible segments so far this month. Zero upgrades. Yeah, you'll just love being diamond........................
Old Nov 11, 2011, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by trlaura
16 eligible segments so far this month. Zero upgrades. Yeah, you'll just love being diamond........................
May I ask what city pairs, days of the week, and fare classes yield such a poor upgrade rate for you?
Old Nov 11, 2011, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
I do o.k.

I fly out of WAS (mostly DCA and sometimes BWI) I can't remember being upgraded out of SLC to any east coast destination. Two other tough ones are ATL-DCA and MSP-DCA on Sunday afternoon and evening.
Elsewhere, I get upgraded about 90 percent of the time.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 12:20 pm

Programs: DL DM - Hertz PC - SPG Platinum - Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
May I ask what city pairs, days of the week, and fare classes yield such a poor upgrade rate for you?
Same for me MSP-SFO Sun/Mon - Fri. 0% as PM this year, 1 for 4 so far as DM.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 5:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Dia.
0% LAX-ATL and ATL-LAX, on two separate trips, since making PM.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 5:38 pm

Programs: DL -DM / 2MM, HH - Diamond, Marriott - Platinum
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
That's funny. I've flown over 2.5 million miles and still don't know what a fare class is. I buy a ticket and I get a seat. That's the only class I know of.

This month has been from GRB or MKE to SMF/SJC/SEA and SFO. Since the 757's on these routes are gone, FC doesn't exist unless you pay for it.
I really could not care less about the upgrades, I just want Delta to give us back our seats in the first row behind FC.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 5:49 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Originally Posted by trlaura
I really could not care less about the upgrades, I just want Delta to give us back our seats in the first row behind FC.
I agree it's a shame that we can't book first row behind FC (and as we could with NW). This would cost DL zero dollars and yet send a lot of goodwill toward elites that are stuck in coach.

My UG percentage as a Plat has plummeted in the last year.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA PS, MR Plt, A-Club Plt, HH G, Avis First
Missed my first as a PM since July today SEA-MSP. But, this was due to a SDC. Not complaining at all.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by highflyer2
0% LAX-ATL and ATL-LAX, on two separate trips, since making PM.
I think this is one of the hardest routes in all the network, only JFK-LAX is harder I think.

My last ATL-LAX had 93 on the BF WL.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 7:39 am

Programs: delta plat, hilton gold, marriott silver
Just under 50% as a plat, flying out of DTW. It depends on where I am going and when. To Nashville, Seattle, Florida, I am close to 75%. To New York, SFO, ATL, Cancun, much lower than 50%. Funny, as a NWA silver, I got upgraded more.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 8:10 am

Programs: DL EOS...
23 of 30 segments JFK-SAN so far this year. Majority missed since September as I suppose medallion ranks increase quite a bit Sep-Feb.

'made PM again for next year and looking forward to Feb when the ranks shrink again my UG percentage goes back to near 100%. And due to the fact I make these trips as little or as much I want, 'take more frequent trips Feb-Aug and cut back Sep-Feb.

Agreement clearly states "complimentary" and I've always gotten the seat paid for. It's a nice bonus when it happens but I never expect it unless I pay to ride up front.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.