Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Platinum folks: How often are you upgraded?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum folks: How often are you upgraded?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:11 am

Programs: DL PM, Starwood Lifetime Plat/Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PresCircle
SLC-based PM here and have seen my UG percentages drop the last couple of months. Last case was a SLC-OMA on a Friday afternoon, no upgrade at window and #4 with Zero seats. Omaha? Friday afternoon? Seriously? Also recently missed SLC-SEA both outbound and return on a Tue-Wed; outbound was a 757. I hope I've just been unlucky lately...
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:21 am

Programs: Delta DM!
Originally Posted by travelry
SLC-based PM here and have seen my UG percentages drop the last couple of months. Last case was a SLC-OMA on a Friday afternoon, no upgrade at window and #4 with Zero seats. Omaha? Friday afternoon? Seriously? Also recently missed SLC-SEA both outbound and return on a Tue-Wed; outbound was a 757. I hope I've just been unlucky lately...
Wait.. You missed an UG to Omaha??? I don't get it. I am 100% in and out of OMA as a PM this year. Must've been an event in town... Oh and you did say Friday right-- Husker home game! That'll mess with you every time.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
DTW based PM and I think I got upgraded more as an FO than a PM. Used to be common to see gate upgrades being sold for DTW/LAS on a Friday night flight and always cleared at the window as an FO. Flew the flight last month and didn't clear either way. Next weekend did DTW/SFO on a friday morning and returned on the sunday redeye and did't clear either way and on the redeye home I was something like 16 on the list

But a lot of my flights are weekend flights (friday night our returning sunday night or monday afternoon) which are hard upgrades. And I am also on some long haul elite heavy flights like dtw/lax and dtw/SFO that also have people on them that pay for first class.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
LAX based, 83% on flights eligible for upgrades this year...
Old Oct 12, 2011, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Delta PM, *wood Ambassador Plat, Marriott Self-Imposed Exile
i'm 90%+ when ATL is not involved. 50/50 with ATL
Old Oct 12, 2011, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL EOS...
Since September I've noticed more FC revs and more PM/DM's than ever. My usual route seems to be reduced by one flight per day so all things considered 'planes have been very full.

As PM It's been a while since an UG at the 5 day window and it's not looking good for a depart today 4 of 12 with 2 FC seats available. If UG happens great but bottom line is I still get the seat paid for.

I felt like lottery winner the other day when a GA came to me in my coach seat with the news I could move up to the front cabin. Yea!

FlyIng FC 'sure does spoil you though and I suspect they know that...
Old Oct 12, 2011, 4:10 pm

Programs: DM, KM,
ATL based: 80% on upgradeable flights. Missed one leg Sea-atl (out of 8 segments-sept), one Atl-den, one atl-dtw, and a couple to LGA (expected). My pcts will probably go down as I have flights to LAX and HNL (not eligible unless I'm lucky) next week. Two more flts to SEA and I'm done for the year. Good news is I will make DM this year!
Old Oct 13, 2011, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA, DL, SPG, Hyatt
Thanks a lot for the data points...very helpful indeed!
Old Oct 14, 2011, 9:42 am

Programs: DL PM
I'm a MSP based PM. I usually fly SFO/MSP. But, I mostly fly international routes. I'm averaging less than 25% for the last two years.

I wouldn't mind that if it wasn't for all the problems I have been having getting my skyteam E+ status recognized in Europe. I never had a problem last year. I don't know why it's so different this year. Maybe I'm doing something wrong this year.

D3hwsu8
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:40 am

Programs: DL Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
I'm a PWM based PM averaging just south of 90% YTD. I'm very pleased
Old Nov 4, 2011, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
Just venting a little- I am now 1 (ATL-TPA) for my last 9 upgrades flying at what I would think would be off peak times. I now have a lower upgrade percentage as a PM than I did as a an FO last year with the same flying pattern. I did get an op-up HND-LAX so that is a major mitigating factor. RDU/PIT/BNA/STL double MQMs and amex bonuses definitely seem to be having a factor.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
It's been so much worse thus year than it was 2 or 3 years back. I think the DMs are killing us plats.

I am 3/5 for this trip (and 1/3 today), but I would say less than 50 % overall this year.

I am out of NYC.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
~92% for me this year down from ~97% last year. I obviously fly off peak most of the time.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 9:36 pm

Programs: DL Plat, SPG Gold
I've missed 5 of 96 and 3 of them where SDC's, which I don't count. IND based and I fly non elite routes, but happy.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 3:57 am

Programs: AA, Delta Kryptonium (DM) Hyatt Diamond IHG Fake Plat (Ambassador), HH Gold
I am @ 76% so far as a PM. Happy given my elite heavy routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.