Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Platinum folks: How often are you upgraded?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum folks: How often are you upgraded?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2011, 7:19 am

Programs: Delta-Platinum, Starwood-Platinum
5/22 (23%) for me.

This includes 1/18 (6%) SLC/ATL & SLC/JFK. I was 38% on those routes in 2010, 47% in 2009, and 25% in 2008 (though that year I went Silver/Gold/Platinum).

Given this poor record, I am very glad that i will be a DM after my next segment in a week.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 10:57 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I still consider myself to be at 100% for the year. The one and only time was a couple of weeks ago where I was flying home through ATL. I did have a confirmed seat on the next flight but I wanted to get home so I walked up to the gate of a flight that was getting ready to depart. There was several people standing by as there were several seats that still hadn't boarded. I walked up and asked if I could go on stand-by and they said no. I told them I was a Plat and they printed me out a boarding pass.

It was a middle bulkhead seat, but had two very nice women sitting on each side of me. The FA knew I was a Plat and kept bringing me drinks and snacks so it turned out to be a good flight. This is my first year of Plat and loving it, although I had done quite well as Gold.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
PM, the new FO...
Old Nov 5, 2011, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I'm running at about 80% YTD. It's possible for a Plat to be stuck in back on a mid-day Wednesday DTW-SLC flight.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 12:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HH Diamond
I am at 19/21 upgradable segments.

I missed mht atl the Monday after NASCAR ( first miss here in 5 years, since I was Silver on NW). This past Tuesday I was 12 of 53 for 2 seats atl-SLC. This flight was v5 six days out with about 12 open seats.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
I actually went and did the math, and it isn't as bad as it had seemed.

I am actually 28/44 on upgradeable segments this year (28/55 overall).

But things that I had never missed as an FO, I've missed this year:

a) I had never sat in the back of a CR9, even as a FO, until this year.
b) I actually missed an upgrade yesterday on that A332 MSP->ATL -- there's 32 seats up front -- that shouldn't happen.
c) I missed an upgrade on an MCO->LGA flight
d) I've missed a few on Q/K fares JFK -> SLC
Old Nov 5, 2011, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL PM
When I'm on my own, domestically, out of ATL, about 85 percent.
When a spouse or kids are traveling with me, dragging me down, about 50 percent (including a couple I shouldn't have gotten - companion ticket, award ticket, separate PNRs, etc.)
A gift from the DLGods: my last TATL trip, I got op-up'd BOTH WAYS (and the inbound was on AF metal)! Can't beat the feeling when you scan your pass at the gate and it beeps you out an upgrade.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 4:59 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
See sig for current count, 4/4 segments upgraded this weekend
Old Nov 5, 2011, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL DM/Marriott Plat
Out of 97 domestic flights this year, I have only missed the UG 9 times. 7 of those flight were between RDU and ATL which is a incredibly elite heavy route.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1P
Originally Posted by milehighflyer
Out of 97 domestic flights this year, I have only missed the UG 9 times. 7 of those flight were between RDU and ATL which is a incredibly elite heavy route.
+1 here. Just took a quick look back, and I'm 86% as a PM excluding RDU<->ATL. That percentage drops significantly including that route, as I'm 4/16 RDU<->ATL all year. Been a tough route this year given the aforementioned promotions!
Old Nov 5, 2011, 10:49 pm

Programs: DL DM/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by pbohannon
+1 here. Just took a quick look back, and I'm 86% as a PM excluding RDU<->ATL. That percentage drops significantly including that route, as I'm 4/16 RDU<->ATL all year. Been a tough route this year given the aforementioned promotions!
Ouch! Just out of curiosity, which days/flights are you on between ATL and RDU? I checked further and it looks like I am 21/28 on that route for the year; typically out of RDU Friday night and back into RDU on Sunday afternoon. I'll admit though that I've gone out of my way sometimes to fly on 757s just to increase my UG chances.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 11:07 pm

I'm at 70% for the year.

Zero in the last 6 segments.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 6:52 am

Guess I'm lucky to be NY based where the market is more competitive than the fortress hubs. Batting 100%, though a good portion of travel is paid first class for the really long flights.

Was surprised to clear some jammed elite heavy flights out of MSP (not back to NY) recently on a mid tier fare -- and in advance each time.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
I run about 50%, way less on my most traveled route PBI-ATL and the reverse.
Often, after the clear all the upgrades, there are still 30-40 people on the UG list. Very heavy medallion city.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 7:37 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
From 03-08 i was in the mid 90%. Starting 09 i was 87%, in 2010 i was 80% missing most of them the 2nd half of the year with the new A fares starting and in 2011 i am 40%.

I now use my PU503 certs for the MSP-SJC flights and play the game on the return! I have missed a ton of MSP-ORD/MDW flights which really doesn't matter. Routes where A/P have started it is really tough to get upgraded. I added the DL res. card this year and it obviously hasn't helped! When i miss i am anywhere from 5-15.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.