Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Is it possible to redeem DL miles on WS (WestJet)? I'm looking at BOS-YHZ nonstop next summer, which is a flight that DL codeshares, but if I search for nonstop flights for the entire summer, the website tells me nothing is available. Is this something I can check by calling or can you not use DL miles on WS flights?
Old Nov 3, 2015, 5:12 pm

Programs: DYKWIA
Originally Posted by TurtleSVS
See, I was under the impression you could still have up to 8 companions in C+ if they are on your reservation. Thats the impression I get from these links. I used the companion pass for one traveler but was unable to use the companion pass and purchase tickets for two other people at the same time. Last year, I called up and they moved them to C+ with us since we couldn't use the pass and book extra people at the same time.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...onditions.html

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...fort-plus.html
Since DL.dumb only lets you book a companion pass for a max of 2 travelers, anyone had luck calling a rep. and booking for more than 2 while still using the pass?
Old Nov 3, 2015, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
We each have a reserve card and have not had much trouble booking A fares FLL-ABQ-FLL in October and PBI-PHX-PBI in December.

I must admit that having airport flexibility helps quite a bit in being able to get these trips for the exact dates we needed.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by mabramovich
On the next day, we got to thinking that since we had secured the LHR - JNB flight, maybe we could use some of the routings delta.com was showing on BOS - LHR. The agent was able pull up BOS - DTW - LHR on DL add put that in place of the non-stop BOS - LHR flight. That set my ticket, but left my friend with an extra segment (since he lives in Detroit). Finally, my friend called again and dropped the BOS - DTW segment on his ticket, leaving me with BOS - DTW and both of us DTW - LHR (DL) - JNB (VS) with no additional fees from the $54 charged online.
Pretty good summary. Helped that I got competent phone agents. When I asked to change from BOS-LHR direct to the stopover in DTW agent was a little confused at first but finally got it. Agent had some difficulties securing the DTW-LHR leg but wasn't very vocal about what was occurring.

I'll also add that to drop the BOS-DTW segment on my ticket it had to be re-issued and the agent successfully fought the $150 fee that the computer tried to charge.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 7:39 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
Is it possible to redeem DL miles on WS (WestJet)? I'm looking at BOS-YHZ nonstop next summer, which is a flight that DL codeshares, but if I search for nonstop flights for the entire summer, the website tells me nothing is available. Is this something I can check by calling or can you not use DL miles on WS flights?
Redeem on WS? No.
Earn? Yes.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by flynavy99
Since DL.dumb only lets you book a companion pass for a max of 2 travelers, anyone had luck calling a rep. and booking for more than 2 while still using the pass?
No - you have to have the 2 with the pass on one PNR (it's this reason for the booking codes they use to reserve the ticket). Anyone else would be on a different PNR, but could be "linked."

You might try calling, but I highly doubt that you'd get everyone on the same PNR.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Really never had much of a problem using the cert. Just used it for LGA-ORD-LGA at Thanksgiving, with L fares.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Easier to Use Cert Now

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Really never had much of a problem using the cert. Just used it for LGA-ORD-LGA at Thanksgiving, with L fares.
Things changed for the better on using the Amex certs some time in 2014. The old posts at the start of this thread were under more restrictive rules. In 2015, wife and I each used our Amex Plat Delta certs for mixed X and V coach fares.

Only the certs with the Amex Delta Reserve let you redeem for first class travel, so we picked short rt flights like SAN-LAX and SAN-(LAX)-OAK. Savings weren't much of course on these cheap routes, but it would bother me to forgo free medallion upgrades on a transcon.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bowgie
...Only the certs with the Amex Delta Reserve let you redeem for first class travel, so we picked short rt flights like SAN-LAX and SAN-(LAX)-OAK. Savings weren't much of course on these cheap routes, but it would bother me to forgo free medallion upgrades on a transcon.
Au contraire.

When we have a long flight with a connection in ATL (eg. South Florida to PhX), neither of us is interested in taking any chances on two comp DM UGs for each of the four segments so we both save the certs from our Reserve cards for that sort of trip.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Yes. Successful with AMEX companion tickets 10+ years.

ACCDraw.2 & I both get them. We use them for friends/family
on routes with little/no competition (expensive). Best to purchase
as far out as possible.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 5:08 pm

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
Originally Posted by ACCDraw
Yes. Successful with AMEX companion tickets 10+ years.

ACCDraw.2 & I both get them. We use them for friends/family
on routes with little/no competition (expensive). Best to purchase
as far out as possible.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
Just used one for round-trip New York-Fort Lauderdale for Thanksgiving. Not exactly the times or dates we preferred but $400 for the two of us round-trip For a holiday weekend workd for us!
Old Nov 7, 2015, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by Steve007NY
Just used one for round-trip New York-Fort Lauderdale for Thanksgiving. Not exactly the times or dates we preferred but $400 for the two of us round-trip For a holiday weekend workd for us!
^
Old Nov 7, 2015, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL PM/1.4MM, Marriott Titanium Elite, TSA Pre✓, Global Entry
I use them all the time. For my reserve I have been booking 2 1st seats with 2 connections to MT in the summer for much less than coach.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 1:28 pm

Quick question. How much time do I have to claim Alitalia miles on Delta?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.