Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by jrl767

booked, called DL to add a domestic positioning segment, got the VS record locator, and was indeed able to select UC seats
Glad it worked for you.

Was G a paid fare code, or an award code, or something else? As I mentioned folks in my firm usually ticket into Z when travelling on business.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by JBJ2435
Does anyone know what award category needs to be available on AF for mileage upgrade from PE to Business? I have EF, but wasn't sure which upgrade category needs to be there. Thanks!
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
I think it is "O" but that's from reading (here and the AF forum) not from personal experience.
Unless they've changed it since last year, it is indeed "O" inventory.

However, be aware that not all "O" inventory on AF is released to DL. In fact, quite often AF withholds most of their "O" inventory from DL awards.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gooselee
Unless they've changed it since last year, it is indeed "O" inventory.

However, be aware that not all "O" inventory on AF is released to DL. In fact, quite often AF withholds most of their "O" inventory from DL awards.
Ah, OK. Good to know! I'm not seeing much on EF either, except inventory for Flying Blue Elite. Probably a tough ug anyway, LAX>PPT...
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:08 am

South Pacific Partner Business Class Award Price Increase?

I was doing some searching for VA award space to SYD/BNE and it seems that come October, DL is asking for 95k o/w in Business Class, rather than the current 80k. KE also pricing at 95k.

Nice one Delta. Prices keep climbing!
Attached Images   
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:54 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by PacificTwo
I was doing some searching for VA award space to SYD/BNE and it seems that come October, DL is asking for 95k o/w in Business Class, rather than the current 80k. KE also pricing at 95k.

Nice one Delta. Prices keep climbing!
I thought maybe they were opportunistically increasing rates in response to AA's forthcoming devaluation, but it appears AA's devaluation is only bringing them up to 80K one-way on that route. So I guess DL is just trying to stay one step "ahead" of the competition.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
It appears Delta has raised award levels once again. Of course without any award charts to they are doing this silently and in full stealth fashion. to Delta for doing this in total silence, now we know why the charts disappeared.

Please keep posting your findings. I will try to do a major update to the first few posts (sorta wiki). I'm also in the process of getting the mods to change to wiki, will keep everyone posted. In the meantime please post your findings (award amounts and fare class codes) for partners.

Expect to see more info on more posts like this:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...d-pricing.html
Old Jan 6, 2016, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
It is also interesting to see how Dullta is clearly utterly oblivious to market pricing. Where OW airlines charge 30-40K one-way, and where ST airlines charge 35K one-way (70K RT with a stopover + open jaw), DL charges 60K or 95K one-way (120K or 190K (yes, nearly triple of others' normal price) RT, with no stopovers), just to use one example. How does Delta come up with its outlandish normal ('low' for the regular O class) award levels even? It seems surely not by looking at others' pricing/charts.

I'm glad that over the last 2+ years I've switched most of my flying and earning to OW and ST airlines.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:32 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Please keep posting your findings. I will try to do a major update to the first few posts (sorta wiki). I'm also in the process of getting the mods to change to wiki, will keep everyone posted. In the meantime please post your findings (award amounts and fare class codes) for partners.
FYI, anyone can create a wiki by clicking on Thread Tools in the top right and then Create a Wikipost. I almost did it but then didn't since I'm certainly not the "keeper" of this thread and wasn't 100% sure that's what you intended, so I decided to throw the info out here instead.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I think this has been discussed before, but I'm seeing cases where I find the availability I want with two one-way awards, but the trip is not bookable as a roundtrip. In that case, I don't mind booking the two one-way awards, but as I don't have status I don't want to pay 2x the miles redeposit fee should I need to cancel. Is there any way to work around this?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:15 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Have you tried calling to see if a phone agent can piece it together? I would probably try the following in order.
  1. Call in and try to feed agent the flights and get them booked on a single ticket
  2. If that doesn't work, but one-way and then immediately (within RFC window but preferably sooner) call and get the return added
  3. If that still doesn't work, book the return then call to see if they can combine the flights onto a single ticket (within RFC window)

However, I've never heard or married-segment logic causing issues with booking roundtrips. Hopefully this is just a DL search engine issue.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 5:01 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Have you tried calling to see if a phone agent can piece it together? I would probably try the following in order.
  1. Call in and try to feed agent the flights and get them booked on a single ticket
  2. If that doesn't work, but one-way and then immediately (within RFC window but preferably sooner) call and get the return added
  3. If that still doesn't work, book the return then call to see if they can combine the flights onto a single ticket (within RFC window)

However, I've never heard or married-segment logic causing issues with booking roundtrips. Hopefully this is just a DL search engine issue.
Thanks for your quick reply Matt. I tried #1 with no luck already, I have to imagine #2 would be the same outcome? I am with you on #3 as the next approach and I will try that. I'll reply back to let you know how it goes.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Looking into using the plat companion certificate. What would happen if I fly alone on the return trip? Can Delta cancel my ticket if my companion does not show up?
Old Jan 16, 2016, 5:18 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by walterD
Looking into using the plat companion certificate. What would happen if I fly alone on the return trip? Can Delta cancel my ticket if my companion does not show up?
You could probably split the reservation and cancel the portion not being used.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by walterD
Since you are the primary ticket holder, don't worry about it. They won't cancel the ticket and you almost certainly won't even get questioned.
Its more of an issue if you are the companion with the 'free' ticket and the primary doesn't show, but no problem with your case especially with it being the return.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: Delta - PM , MM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Peon
I need to go SND-FLL in September with my wife and daughter. I was going to pay $$ for one, companion for #2 and miles for #3. However I noticed my cert expires in March.

I would presume it’s a no-go booking now and traveling after the cert has expired?

I’d also assume I cannot gift this or exchange for any other benefit, so the cert will go unused.

Are my presumptions and assumptions correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.