Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Ground Staff BBQ near plane/under gate A7 tonight...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2010, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond
So, now that we have established that the conflagration risk was zip (thanks Down3Green), let’s just all chill out and be happy for the folks who enjoyed the event. There’s a lot going on this world that is worth a little worry (no no no I am not speaking of devalued Delta miles or problems with drink coupons); this surely does not deserve a place on this list.

I usually can only last about 3-4 days on FT. This time I have made it about 2 weeks but this thread almost did me in—right up until post #49. Thanks, Seminole_kev, I think you just bought me another month. And thanks also to the rest of you posters who expressed your appreciation for the whole set-up - I believe that you got me a second month.

seminole_kev Because of the rise in BBQ related airplane attacks?
Old Jul 26, 2010, 8:03 pm

Programs: Long Live NWA Silver Elite,Delta Silver Medallion
Talking Finally..

They could sell those grilled chicken breasts as you walked down the jetway... (finally a productive use for SKYMILES! !!!)

Hope they had fun. Wish I had been there. Nothing better than a grilled to perfection chicken boobie.

TBF
Old Jul 26, 2010, 9:17 pm

Programs: US CP, UA, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, DL, AA, CO, ++
BBQ/Grills are common occurrence at most smaller airports. And at COUNTLESS southern places of work, too

HTSC
Old Jul 26, 2010, 9:21 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by carybrevard
I usually can only last about 3-4 days on FT. This time I have made it about 2 weeks but this thread almost did me in—right up until post #49. Thanks, Seminole_kev, I think you just bought me another month. And thanks also to the rest of you posters who expressed your appreciation for the whole set-up - I believe that you got me a second month.
Why do you seem to make your time on FlyerTalk sound like a prison sentence?

I cannot help how saucy some of the responses that have coalesced in this thread have become...
Old Jul 26, 2010, 9:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Of course the Wing of Satan would hold an event involving fire...
Old Jul 27, 2010, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by Canarsie

...so let me get this straight...

...reading the title of this thread, am I to understand that Delta Air Lines has ground up its staff and cooked them on an open grill near gate A7 in Atlanta......and fellow FlyerTalk members are all right with using employees as the main content for meals?!?
OK, I am literally CRYING b/c I'm laughing so hard!!! THAT was awesome!
Old Jul 27, 2010, 2:35 am

Programs: DL AA UA
There is profit to be made here: I think we should do a reality show cook-off between the A7 Rampers, the African cabbie food suppliers and Paschal's chefs. Winners get to take over Gate Gourmet for the next six months.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 6:02 am
Suspended

DL Food

Originally Posted by jmichaeljordan
Maybe they are working on some "new" catering. I miss food on flights
Wow!!! Really fresh food on DL now. You go, DL.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 6:21 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I guess it's not possible to include this activity for one of our lunches during the ATL DO? It would be fun and also really neat to have people watching us do it from the terminal and from aircraft on the tarmac. Also, yummy.
An excellent suggestion! Organizers, is this doable? I'd be happy to kick in some cash to chow down with the rampers.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 6:27 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
I've been told that unfortunately this will NOT be part of the Delta FT Do in Oct ... maybe next year...
Old Jul 27, 2010, 7:46 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond
Hmmm- have you ever seen a grill made from a 250 gallon heating oil tank?

You could crack open one of the older CRJs, put some hinges on one side, install racks and you'd be all set. Could park it permanently at one of the end gates or, since it's already wheeled, move it about to meet the certain-to-be-overwhelming demand.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 8:05 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
The new Sea-Tac SkyClub is being built on the roof of the south satellite.... this gets me thinking, can we request a rooftop observation deck/garden with BBQ grills available for club member usage like they have at most state parks?

I think that benefit would rival the beer machines in NRT for popularity
Old Jul 27, 2010, 8:17 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by BenA
The new Sea-Tac SkyClub is being built on the roof of the south satellite.... this gets me thinking, can we request a rooftop observation deck/garden with BBQ grills available for club member usage like they have at most state parks?
Now this is the kind of thinking I can get behind.....if DL wants to try a new SC concept, have them blow out the roof and walls of the B10 club, install some real charcoal grills, fire them up 7 hours a day and serve hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken (not free, but a reasonable price). Turn it into a mini observation deck. Non-members witnessing the fun on a crisp fall afternoon would line up to join.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 8:18 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by DevilDog438
Personally, I highly doubt that complies with local fire code, if the grill is actually underneath the jetway. Most local fire codes specify that grills must be used at a minimum distance from any overhanging physical structure, to minimize the risk of exposure-related fires.
I figured the fire code has an elevation clause?

Forget the scope... look at the scale. That's one big grille!
Old Jul 27, 2010, 8:18 am

Programs: Delta Ham Sammich, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold, Chalet Suites Matterhorn
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Yes. The aroma of jet fuel enhances the flavor of the sauce. It's really incredible tasting.
Actually it does add a piquancy. We used to routinely have barbecues on the ramp, or inside hangars on Naval Air Stations, and on the flight deck of aircraft carriers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.