FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1096718-various-spoke-cities-double-mqm-up-50-000-bonus-miles-per-round-trip.html)

HeadInTheClouds Jun 18, 2010 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets (Post 14156186)
Several who received no email have registered and reported that the promotion does not show up in "my promotions" on delta.com. Can we have someone who did receive the email and registered tell us whether it shows up under your promotions on delta.com?

I did receive the email, and it does show up under "my promotions".

debbieb Jun 18, 2010 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by IndyDave (Post 14157532)
I registered for STL. Not on My Promotions. I went back and tried again. Got "Error you are already registered for this promotion"

I registered for PIT last night after I got the e-mail. It wasn't on "my promotions" when I checked earlier but it is now.

I'd really like to get more details on this. The cities from PIT for the 5,000 bonus are the only non-stops they have. So if only the PIT arrivals and departure flights count, what would be left for 10,000? I have trips to MSP and ATL coming up but I also have possible trips to BDL or RIC that I haven't booked yet. Those would have to be connections on DL, BDL could be a non-stop on US.

Bestbob Jun 18, 2010 4:18 pm

Anywhere in Michigan?

Originally Posted by mersk862 (Post 14151332)
RDU also works...

Grand Rapids perhaps? Or any other airport? I can fly easily enough from 4 other than DTW if sufficiently motivated... and this would likely do that.

raehl311 Jun 18, 2010 4:19 pm

The verbiage is ambiguous with regards to whether you have to register before you book. IT doesn't explicitly state you have to register first like I have seen in previous promos, but I'm not sure if I'm just remembering from NW. DL could definitely TECHNICALLY get away with arguing that "To participate in this offer, eligible members must register online at delta.com/XXXbonus and book by November 30, 2010, and fly by December 31, 2010." implies an order, and I wouldn't put it past DL to use the least informative language they can get away with.

SDF_Traveler Jun 18, 2010 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by debbieb (Post 14157595)
I registered for PIT last night. It wasn't on "my promotions" when I checked earlier but it is now.

I'm showing the BNA promo on my promos screen now. Added in STL, as I can hop an inexpensive WN flight there.

Looks like a good promo -- time to book some travel!

CMK10 Jun 18, 2010 4:37 pm

I signed up for the RDU bonus as my parents live there. Shame I'm flying DL one way to RDU next week and won't get the 5,000 miles :(

woody125 Jun 18, 2010 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by zig666 (Post 14152400)
just not sign up? :)

Well, yeah, that would work but this boost, with rollover and if posted in 2011, would allow a greater chance to hit DM again without giving all my biz to DL. I'm still planning to jump ship or at least add ship the first half of next year. Just trying to figure out which one.

According to an earlier post they will credit for 2010. With Rollover I'll have them help me that much further to DM (still reluctantly) for 2011.

heckler Jun 18, 2010 6:37 pm

Rebook existing tickets?

So the question must be asked - how many of you are somewhat close to one of the four promo cities- STL, PIT, RDU, BNA and already have existing flights booked? Is it worth cancelling them (if refundable) and rebooking with a promo city as a start/endpoint?

I have an IAD-BKK trip - M class w/PMUs booked in Nov.. PIT is only 4 hours by car away..

Humm.

On another note, where on DL.com is the "my promotions" info? I'm having a fit trying to find it

woody125 Jun 18, 2010 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by heckler (Post 14158301)
On another note, where on DL.com is the "my promotions" info? I'm having a fit trying to find it

PaperQueen Jun 18, 2010 7:01 pm

No joy for MSP...but we’re getting used to that here. :(

cfischer Jun 18, 2010 7:04 pm

none of mine are showing, but I saved a screenshot ;)
Now I have figure out how to work this best ;)

flying_ww Jun 18, 2010 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by xanthuos (Post 14156218)
I received the e-mail for BNA and registered, as well as registering for the other three cities. None of them show up in My Promotions on Delta.com. The only one that currently does is the Shuttle promotion.

I received the BNA email, and registered for all four cities. I just checked and all four show up in My Promotions on delta.com

Bikeguy Jun 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Bestbob (Post 14157616)
Grand Rapids perhaps? Or any other airport? I can fly easily enough from 4 other than DTW if sufficiently motivated... and this would likely do that.

Flying to STL is one of the cheapest places to fly from DTW. $89 AI each way. Do the math and see if it's worth it to fly there.

hockeystl Jun 18, 2010 8:23 pm

WN is now running a double credit promo for STL flights.....

Looks like it's going to be a great summer for us STL-based FF'rs. :p

DaddyRabbit Jun 18, 2010 8:29 pm

DL MQMs

Originally Posted by chicagorich (Post 14151213)
Looks like DL is doing this for a few (or several cities. I got one for ex-PIT. Another ft'er got one for ex-BNA.

Will you please send the URL. I did not get it and I am a PM. Thanks.