FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1096718-various-spoke-cities-double-mqm-up-50-000-bonus-miles-per-round-trip.html)

sc flier Jun 18, 2010 1:33 am

I find the names of a couple of the webpages' background images interesting:
DR0C08_Lingering_Market_Raleigh_bg_6-16.jpg
DR0C08_Lingering_Market_Nashville_bg_6-16.jpg
DR0C08FINAL_StLouis_bg_6-16.jpg
PIT_DSM_TY_RVSD_6-16.jpg

T&C differences:
BNA:
"Purchase by November 30, 2010, and fly on Delta or Delta Connection carrier marketed/operated nonstop flights originating in Nashville, TN (BNA) by December 31, 2010...."

But RDU/PIT/STL all follow this format:
"Purchase by November 30, 2010, and fly on Delta or Delta Connection carrier marketed/operated nonstop flights originating and terminating in Raleigh/Durham, NC (RDU) by December 31, 2010...."

And why do those sentences say, "nonstop flights?"

RDU-ATL-BOS for around $130ai RT may tempt me for a weekend trip. I'll definitely be watching for good rates to Europe from RDU. And maybe the PIT-CDG nonstops could fit into some plans.

SAT Lawyer Jun 18, 2010 2:13 am

Originally Posted by mmargel (Post 14153636)
but there are no non-stop, international flights out of BNA that I see, unless you count Cancun and that does not get the 25K bonus.

Bonus Offer:
Purchase by November 30, 2010, and fly on Delta or Delta Connection
carrier marketed/operated nonstop flights originating in Nashville, TN (BNA)

I checked PIT, RDU , STL and BNA.....The only qualifying international flight I have come across is PIT to Paris. What am I missing?

The "nonstop" language is the byproduct of sloppiness on the part of DL in drafting this promotion.

Purchase by November 30, 2010, and fly on Delta or Delta Connection carrier marketed/operated nonstop flights originating in Nashville, TN (BNA) by December 31, 2010, and earn double Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) for each paid flight on Delta-coded flights and 5,000 bonus miles for flights ending in a Delta hub (ATL, DTW, SLC, MSP, MEM, JFK), 10,000 bonus miles for flights ending in a non-hub U.S. city, Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean, 25,000 bonus miles for international destinations flown in Economy Class (Y,B,M,H,Q,K,L,U,T) or 50,000 bonus miles for international destinations flown in Business Class (J,D,C,I).
It goes without saying that you can't end up at at a non-hub U.S. city, in Canada, in Mexico, in the Caribbean, or in another international destination on a nonstop from BNA. If only nonstops counted, then the only bonus would be for flying to and/from a hub, and the more rewarding 10,000, 25,000, and 50,000 redeemable mile bonuses would be inoperative.

Originally Posted by sc flier (Post 14153807)
T&C differences:
BNA:
"Purchase by November 30, 2010, and fly on Delta or Delta Connection carrier marketed/operated nonstop flights originating in Nashville, TN (BNA) by December 31, 2010...."

But RDU/PIT/STL all follow this format:
"Purchase by November 30, 2010, and fly on Delta or Delta Connection carrier marketed/operated nonstop flights originating and terminating in Raleigh/Durham, NC (RDU) by December 31, 2010...."

The "and terminating in" language seems to be superfluous in the context of a "round-trip." The BNA promotion mentions "round-trip" in its introductory language ("The more round-trip flights you take on Delta from Nashville for the rest of the year, the more Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and bonus miles you can earn. . . .").

ingy Jun 18, 2010 4:44 am

I Tried SAV, JAX, CHS and TVC

Nothing for these four

bwhite Jun 18, 2010 5:09 am

I too wonder why they chose these cities. RDU is elite heavy enough and the only legs where I have missed UG's on 3 of 52 flights this year have been ATL-RDU or RDU-ATL. I missed the UG on a B fare purchased a month out in May.

Great. Next year I'll be competing with even more DMs now.

mmargel Jun 18, 2010 5:27 am

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer (Post 14153897)
The "nonstop" language is the byproduct of sloppiness on the part of DL in drafting this promotion.
It goes without saying that you can't end up at at a non-hub U.S. city, in Canada, in Mexico, in the Caribbean, or in another international destination on a nonstop from BNA. If only nonstops counted, then the only bonus would be for flying to and/from a hub, and the more rewarding 10,000, 25,000, and 50,000 redeemable mile bonuses would be inoperative.

The "and terminating in" language seems to be superfluous in the context of a "round-trip." The BNA promotion mentions "round-trip" in its introductory language ("The more round-trip flights you take on Delta from Nashville for the rest of the year, the more Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and bonus miles you can earn. . . .").

I do not disagree with you but I would prefer to have these inconsistencies resolved now, rather than fighting with Delta in January. The way it is written, it is tantamount to offering a million mile bonus for flying to a non existent location.

Sez_Who Jun 18, 2010 5:58 am

You can add MCO to the NO list. Shame, I could have been triple DM this yr. :td:

Italy98 Jun 18, 2010 6:44 am

Originally Posted by travelingsalesgal (Post 14153395)
.. Did somebody say Roadtrip??? :D

Here I thought Mrs. Italy was the only one who accuses me taking 'Roadtrips' without notice (or as some say 'won't ask for directions :D).

Mrs. Italy and I did not receive the offer, however, I was able to register for both of us but no joy in getting the offered miles regardless of what BNA city pairs I tried :( :confused:

DiverDave Jun 18, 2010 6:51 am

Originally Posted by bwhite (Post 14154248)
I too wonder why they chose these cities. RDU is elite heavy enough and the only legs where I have missed UG's on 3 of 52 flights this year have been ATL-RDU or RDU-ATL. I missed the UG on a B fare purchased a month out in May.

Great. Next year I'll be competing with even more DMs now.

All I can come up with is 3 former AA hubs (STL, BNA, RDU) and one former US hub (PIT).

David

singtx Jun 18, 2010 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Herb687 (Post 14151506)
I've checked AUS, SAT, DFW, SMF, SFO, PHL. Nothing for those spoke cities.

So sad! Was hoping SAT or AUS was on here.

vatraveler Jun 18, 2010 7:07 am

Need some DMQM love in NYC or WAS.

publicmsu Jun 18, 2010 7:26 am

Originally Posted by singtx (Post 14154568)
So sad! Was hoping SAT or AUS was on here.

Agreed. How dare they forget us!

BusTrav8yrs Jun 18, 2010 7:36 am

Registered but not showing

I registered for all 4 and received the you have registered splash screen but when I go into delta.com and look at promotions I am registered for they do not show up.

upgrader Jun 18, 2010 7:48 am

Double MQMs - Does this mean double instead of 1 1/2 if you are on an international business fare or does it mean three times (double the usual 1 1/2) the MQM? In the past for the same type of promotions it has meant the former not the latter. If the former, not so big a deal in terms of MQMs on international business fares. Still pretty big in terms of international coach fares, however.

HeadInTheClouds Jun 18, 2010 7:52 am

So just a question regarding overlapping promos if anyone has any opinion. Does this promo 'play' with others, like the "Triple Miles" promo on new routes?

I cannot find a restriction about combinability in the rules of the new promo, but the Triple Miles promo does say "This offer cannot be combined with other Delta/SkyTeam® offers."

Now though, the Triple Miles promo should be posting 6-8 weeks following the end of THAT promo, which is 9/30. And the new promo miles of course would be posting in 2011.

So my question is, assuming the 'nonstop' intent is cleaned up, is it possible for example to get the triple miles for say STL-JFK-ARN r/t, and then get the 50,000 on top of that? If so, a ~$2k "I" ticket could be yielding >80k miles & ~25k MQMs (split into two years) :cool:.

But if by registering for the new promo it totally overwrites the Triple Miles promo in its entirety for trips that originate from STL/RDU/BNA/PIT, then I can perhaps choose a different vacation destination ;).

Thanks for any thoughts from those of you who might have experience with how DL's systems tend to interpret such things around posting time!

apolloms Jun 18, 2010 8:25 am

and have we determined if the double mqm promo counts for the whole itinerary?