FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Various spoke cities: double MQM + up to 50,000 bonus miles per round-trip (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1096718-various-spoke-cities-double-mqm-up-50-000-bonus-miles-per-round-trip.html)

Italy98 Jun 18, 2010 1:04 pm

What city-pairs have been successfully booked out of BNA? Thank you.

hooverer Jun 18, 2010 1:16 pm

How would STL-DTW-NRT-SIN-NRT-DTW-STL work out under this program?

What segments if any would get the double MQM?

Given that a fall fare for above routing can be had for about $1,300 USD, if double MQM could be had for all segments, that could yield about 40K in MQM making a MR worth it. Likewise a STL-DTW-AMS-DTW-STL routing if double MQM in the fall could be a nice way to go for DM instead of stopping at PM and rolling over a bunch of MQMs.

-H

JohnneeO Jun 18, 2010 1:21 pm

CVG????

I think another open question revolves around CVG. It included in the text of all the promos, but excluded in the fine print. So if you originate in STL/RDU/PIT/BNA, and connect through CVG, do those flights qualify?

MegatopLover Jun 18, 2010 1:34 pm

For ex-BNA domestic, look for Southwest destinations. Some can be done with a same-day turn.

I haven't been able to find good fares BNA-Europe to cash in on the 25,000 int'l.

Has anyone confirmed that the double MQM's applies to all segments in the ex-BNA itinerary?

andymo99 Jun 18, 2010 1:49 pm

For me, "Big Bonuses out of Nashville" shows under my promotions. The others do not. I signed up for all 4 within moments of one another. I received an email for none.

Frozentech Jun 18, 2010 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by andymo99 (Post 14156785)
For me, "Big Bonuses out of Nashville" shows under my promotions. The others do not. I signed up for all 4 within moments of one another. I received an email for none.

Mine's showing the two I registered for, "Big Bonuses out of Nashville" and "Big Bonuses out of Pittsburgh". The activity period shows registration date (17JUN2010) to 31DEC2010, so not retroactive at all it seems.

gemdigital Jun 18, 2010 2:15 pm

Four focus cities

I too, signed up for all four, and all four are showing in my Skymiles Promotion Status page. They all exhibit 17 June 2010 as the start date.

Italy98 Jun 18, 2010 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Frozentech (Post 14156912)
Mine's showing the two I registered for, "Big Bonuses out of Nashville" and "Big Bonuses out of Pittsburgh". The activity period shows registration date (17JUN2010) to 31DEC2010, so not retroactive at all it seems.

Neither Mrs. Italy nor I have any promotions that we registered for showing in our profiles :(

gemdigital Jun 18, 2010 2:19 pm

Four focus cities

Originally Posted by gemdigital (Post 14156925)
I too, signed up for all four, and all four are showing in my Skymiles Promotion Status page. They all exhibit 17 June 2010 as the start date.

Okay... so I went back to the page that lists the promotions. I click on the link and it comes up stating "Promotion not found", and then below it reads:
"The promotion you are trying to view does not exist."

r.brown Jun 18, 2010 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer (Post 14153194)
Any idea what the method is to DL's madness with regard to the cities targeted for this promotion?

Is DL trying to poach WN customers in those cities? Those of some other airline?

Perhaps DL noted a precipitous drop in NW travelers/elites in those cities since the merger and would like to entice them to return to the merged fold?

DL loads way down in BNA, PIT, STL, and RDU, in particular?

US keeps pulling out of PIT so Delta is trying to gain their customers over from what their counter told me. They are trying to get a club put in there as well.

There is also the direct PIT to Paris flight now on Delta and the county is subsidizing is for 2 years. From what I hear, it does not run at near capacity ever. I believe they tried this in RDU and BNA as well but yanked it due to performance. Lucked out in PIT though since the county is giving Delta millions of $$$ to make up for the empty seats.

trek87 Jun 18, 2010 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by hooverer (Post 14156600)
How would STL-DTW-NRT-SIN-NRT-DTW-STL work out under this program?

What segments if any would get the double MQM?

Given that a fall fare for above routing can be had for about $1,300 USD, if double MQM could be had for all segments, that could yield about 40K in MQM making a MR worth it. Likewise a STL-DTW-AMS-DTW-STL routing if double MQM in the fall could be a nice way to go for DM instead of stopping at PM and rolling over a bunch of MQMs.

-H

It's hard to tell from the wording of the promotion, but I'm beginning to wonder if the only eligible segments are those that start and end a roundtrip in a targeted city, so only earning the bonus on STL-DTW and on DTW-STL as part of the same trip, for example.

atrich Jun 18, 2010 3:03 pm

Originating and terminating?

So, is it a pretty safe bet that these will only work on roundtrips starting in the listed cities? I've got family in STL so I'll probably be doing a holiday (Thanksgiving or Xmas) in STL, doing an SEA-STL-SEA.

Maybe if I do both this year, I can wrap it - SEA-STL / STL-SEA-STL / STL-SEA.

Edited to add: not direct, obviously.

TTT Jun 18, 2010 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Frozentech (Post 14156912)

Well, anything flown during the activity period would count wouldn't it?

jjglaze77 Jun 18, 2010 3:49 pm

I see all 4 promos listed on my promotion page. I did not receive an e-mail about any of these promos.

Slightly OT: I must have missed when they started showing what promos you have registered for on delta.com. How does one navigate to that page directly? I had to do a search for "promotions" to get to the page.

Edit: Found it. "Manage my Account"

IndyDave Jun 18, 2010 4:00 pm

I registered for STL. Not on My Promotions. I went back and tried again. Got "Error you are already registered for this promotion"