Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyMilesInsider update: Sky Priority is HERE…

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2010, 6:58 am

Programs: DL Diamond
I just checked in online for IAD-ATL-MCO this evening. I am upgraded on the ATL-MCO flight but in coach for IAD-ATL. No coupon printed with the boarding pass for the IAD-ATL flight. On both boarding passes I just got the SkyPriority marketing banner. I will try again later to see if it works.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 6:59 am

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Ok, this thread (and possibly the entire forum) has gone over the edge. Delta is not taking anything away from Silvers, but now we have the "delta-bashers" posting "not yet" as just another way to keep saying bad things about the airline when they've made it ABUNDANTLY clear that they aren't devaluing their medallion program through this SkyPriority program.

Seriously??
I'm hardly a DL basher. We only fly DL and I'm paying an astronomical annual fee to carry their credit card. We have always had good experiences with DL (FLL not included).
Old Apr 15, 2010, 7:03 am
mdb

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
What are you talking about?! Stop with the lies.

1. No one ever got a coupon before for a drink/snack when they didn't get an upgrade.
2. Gold Medallions have NEVER boarded in Zone 1. Always in Zone 2.

These are NEW. Not just the "same fluff". Man, your negativity is so annoying...
Why are you taking what was said about DL? Calling someone a liar -... ???!!!
Old Apr 15, 2010, 7:42 am

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
questions on skypriority coupons on the BP

Hey there,
I'm curious about the SP coupons now present on your BP when one miss the upgrade. It was mentioned snack/drink coupon. What is snack exactly? Does one get to choose food from the coach food menu with that coupon? Is it drink or snack, drink and snack?
Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2010, 8:22 am

Programs: Delta DM/MM
Just did OLCI for SFO flights. I am already upgraded on 3 of 4 legs, but still pending for ATL-SFO. When printing boarding passes, only Sky priority banner is showing and printing - no coupon. I did notice, however, that on the lower right corner of the boarding pass prior to printing, it gives me an option to "print without coupon", so it sounds like it's TRYING to "birth" a coupon.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 8:45 am

Programs: DL AA UA
Originally Posted by flydeltajetsgirl
Just did OLCI for SFO flights. I am already upgraded on 3 of 4 legs, but still pending for ATL-SFO. When printing boarding passes, only Sky priority banner is showing and printing - no coupon. I did notice, however, that on the lower right corner of the boarding pass prior to printing, it gives me an option to "print without coupon", so it sounds like it's TRYING to "birth" a coupon.
While I'm all for natural coupon printing, if it isn't too late in the process, you might want to consider giving it an epidural. I think the BP just needs to relax and then the coupon will print.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 9:14 am

no coupons?

Same thing here. I just OLCI for my tomorrow flight, 1 leg upgraded, 1 leg waitlisted. No coupon visible but the option to print without a coupon. I guess i'll keep it a try again later. Still no word (SMI?) on those coupons? What does exactly snack/drink mean?
Old Apr 15, 2010, 9:14 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Starwood Plat
First time poster

Plat medallion - just did online check-in and received the complimentary snack/drink coupon. Can't wait to see the boarding process in ATL on Monday morning with 75% of the plane in Zone 1. Otherwise, I don't see any negative to SkyPriority. Trying to stay optimistic!!
Old Apr 15, 2010, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by vgb2001
Same thing here. I just OLCI for my tomorrow flight, 1 leg upgraded, 1 leg waitlisted. No coupon visible but the option to print without a coupon. I guess i'll keep it a try again later. Still no word (SMI?) on those coupons? What does exactly snack/drink mean?
Try reprinting the boarding pass, the second time I printed the boarding pass, the coupon came up.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:25 am

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
any first-hand experiences to share, or is everyone still fighting to get on the plane in zone 1?
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:31 am

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by jtrue28
any first-hand experiences to share, or is everyone still fighting to get on the plane in zone 1?
I am taking DL17 (LAX-SYD) tonight. I'll have my camera ready.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:32 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Just checked in for my trip tomorrow LAX-DTW-FRA. Go upgraded last night on the LAX-DTW leg but the DTW-FRA leg is (of course) in Y. Still got a coupon when I printed my BP, so I guess it works for TATL flights as well.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
Just checked in for my trip tomorrow LAX-DTW-FRA. Go upgraded last night on the LAX-DTW leg but the DTW-FRA leg is (of course) in Y. Still got a coupon when I printed my BP, so I guess it works for TATL flights as well.
what does the coupon cover?
I'm trying to get infos from sms, they don't know anything, transfered to customer service who does not even know what skypriority is!! on hold for a while...
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
Beer and wine are free in coach on International flights....so the coupons will be handy to get some free liqour.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:57 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
SkyPriority is here FWIW.

My account now says "Diamond Medallion | Sky Priority (tm) | Delta Sky Club" when I go to account history. I also see the Sky Priority banner on all reservations on delta.com.

Edit: as of a minute ago, Sky Priority (tm) now appears after logging in on the Delta homepage as well. And the Sky Priority banner appears on the account history page as well.

-RM
Same here. 'cept it says "Lowly Gold Medallion | Sky Priority (just barely)"

Okay, so my experience as a "Sky Priority" last night and this morning:

As expected, all tickets printed with "Sky Priority" in place of Breezeway.

Last night, April 14, 5:30PM Vancouver to SLC. No signs up, not even Breezeway. But, I saw the GA bring a stack of new Sky Priority signs over before we checked in. My guess is he put them up that night, or someone did it today.

CRJ-900 with F, did the Zone 1 boarding, but there were only about 6 of us (F went out with empty seats, as was most of Y).

SLC to LAS. Also a CRJ-900, this time F was near full (I think one or two seats were open). No SkyPriority signs from what I recall, but it was late and I was tired. No problems with boarding. I think she very specifically said ZONE 1 - F and Sky Priority.

LAS-JFK.

My inbound flight arrived at/about 10:20PM and boarding for the 11:00 flight already was going on (the gates were right next to each other, so I deplaned and jumped into the queue).

I asked the folks in the queue what zone was called, they said 3!!! So, I wriggled through and went over to the SkyPriority lane, and boarded. F was virtually empty and it proceeded to fill up throughout the remaining time (it was definitely full on the seat-map, so I don't think it was upgraders).

So, I'm REALLY curious as to what happened with boarding because it seemed a bit early (45+ minutes -- isn't it usually 30 min?) and F folks trickled in. Maybe this is is how LAS works, though. This is the first time I've had such a connection there.

JFK-DCA (this morning).
Tiny RJ, no F, only two medallions on the flight, so Zone 1 boarding was brief.

Bags checked at YVR ending up in DCA: The first two bags off were tagged w/Priority -- mine was #1!

All-in-all, a positive experience.

As an aside, I totally understand the re-packaging of benefits in such a way. Folks, we know the kind of stuff Medallions get but if you were an Elite on another air line -- the DL.com website (and other marketing materials) didn't really sum up what you got. It was spread out over different pages and you had to piece it together. I really don't think this is DL trying to "pull a fast one" or "lipstick on a pig" -- I think it's just a way to re-brand the program to make it a lot easier to understand for someone shopping around.

And a silly critique: I really do not like the gradient that the signs use. I really dig the flying Widget -- it looks polished and the colors really work well. The Sky Priority gradient looks rushed and not nearly as professional. In my humble opinion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.