Wiki Posts
Search

Delta's hubs ranked by size?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2016, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Junior Varsity
No way MCI gets one with their horrible terminal design.
Yes - it will have to wait until the new airport gets built - not sure when that will be. Of course I am sure you know it used to have a Crown Room a few years back.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Well, from LAS Delta serves ATL, JFK, CVG, SLC, MSP, LAX, SEA, DTW, SAN, SJC

United serves IAH, EWR, DEN, SFO, ORD, IAD, LAX

So it would appear that Delta has a bit more traffic than UA.
According to DOT DL has slightly more than UA

http://www.transtats.bts.gov/airports.asp?pn=1

Delta pax in March 3,53
United pax in March 3,407
Old Jun 24, 2016, 11:30 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Yes - it will have to wait until the new airport gets built - not sure when that will be. Of course I am sure you know it used to have a Crown Room a few years back.
Who needs a Sky Club when you only have to walk 2 minutes to the gate from the curb?!

I can't stand the discourse around MCI renovation, it completely misses the boat on the factual reasons a new terminal needs built. But I digress...
Old Jun 24, 2016, 11:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
I always thought "hub" was shortened for "hub and spoke", meaning that it was an airport that an airline would funnel lots of pax to for the purpose of making connections. I really don't know, but does BOS have a lot of pax who connect there?

I do know that one of the reasons that DL gave for moving the BOS-LGA flights out of the MAT was that they wanted BOS pax to be able to make connections at LGA.
I've been offered connections through BOS in IROPs when I wasn't going to make a DTW connection to/from some smaller airport in the northeast. IIRC I once connected through BOS for TATL upgrade space, but I hated how the super short flight time prevented getting a good night's sleep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.