Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta's hubs ranked by size?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2016, 6:55 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by Zorak
Can I put in a plug for BWI? the Airspace lounge is closing too. Although it's already tabbed for something else

http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore...-to-close.html
BWI has a legit argument ....maybe they will get a jr centurion lounge
Old Jun 23, 2016, 6:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dzflyer
Joking aside I think CMH IND PHX LAS STL all have legit cases and I guess I'll throw in PIT so Dave travels doesn't cry or get angry.
IND does have a Skyclub. PHX and LAS definitely need one though.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Forgot about IND having one...one of a handful that I haven't been too
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:54 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
MCO-RDU has not been served consistently for 15 years.
Admittedly, I can't confirm that it didn't get pared during the recessions, but I've flown it many times in the last 15 years. Even back on Comair many years before the merger. IIRC DL served lots of markets from MCO with OH as MCO was one of their hubs.

It was only brought back just a few years ago with a single flight.
You must be mistaking your markets. It's still 3x currently (2 mainline, 1 CR9). It was not part of the DL p2p buildup at RDU. They flew it back in the early 00s (maybe even the 90s) when DL only had RDU-CVG/ATL + NYC/BOS.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
I always thought "hub" was shortened for "hub and spoke", meaning that it was an airport that an airline would funnel lots of pax to for the purpose of making connections. I really don't know, but does BOS have a lot of pax who connect there?
Obviously BOS is geographically challenged for a hub-spoke operation, but I connect through there often for TATL connections. I like BOS because it's only a 6 or so hour flight to AMS. I guess I would consider it more of a "gateway" than a proper "hub".
Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by HDQDD
Admittedly, I can't confirm that it didn't get pared during the recessions, but I've flown it many times in the last 15 years. Even back on Comair many years before the merger. IIRC DL served lots of markets from MCO with OH as MCO was one of their hubs.

You must be mistaking your markets. It's still 3x currently (2 mainline, 1 CR9). It was not part of the DL p2p buildup at RDU. They flew it back in the early 00s (maybe even the 90s) when DL only had RDU-CVG/ATL + NYC/BOS.
I'm aware it is now 3X daily. I was referring to when it was brought back a few years ago. When the flight returned it was only 1X CRJ. It came back along with MCO-MIA when DL had the short lived MIA-LHR flight
Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:54 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Reasons why LAS won't get a club:

1) We had one that they closed because the liquor costs were obscene--people checking out of their hotels and went to drink at the (then) Crown Room.

2) There is a Centurion Lounge here.

3) There's no place for one unless UA or The Club decide to give up their spaces.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BamaGirl
Reasons why LAS won't get a club:

1) We had one that they closed because the liquor costs were obscene--people checking out of their hotels and went to drink at the (then) Crown Room.

2) There is a Centurion Lounge here.

3) There's no place for one unless UA or The Club decide to give up their spaces.
Isn't the Centurion lounge only for those who hold the most exclusive AMEX card?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:10 pm

Yes. But I was told by someone at DL here in LAS that they didn't feel the cost/investment was worth it. Part of the reason is supposedly DL flyers opt for Centurion Lounges in cities that have both.

Maybe I'm an outlier, but I definitely opt for the Centurion Lounge when I am in an airport that has one of each .

ETA: In addition to the cost of subsidizing the people who would use the Skyclub as an open bar/food trough.,
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BamaGirl
Yes. But I was told by someone at DL here in LAS that they didn't feel the cost/investment was worth it. Part of the reason is supposedly DL flyers opt for Centurion Lounges in cities that have both.

Maybe I'm an outlier, but I definitely opt for the Centurion Lounge when I am in an airport that has one of each .

ETA: In addition to the cost of subsidizing the people who would use the Skyclub as an open bar/food trough.,
The Centurion club sounds nice but a $2,500 annual fee for the Centurion card doesn't. Not to mention I would never meet the $350,000 annual spend.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:30 pm

Programs: Lots
The Centurion club sounds nice but a $2,500 annual fee for the Centurion card doesn't. Not to mention I would never meet the $350,000 annual spend.
I think you just need a Platinum Card for Centurion lounge - not an actual Centurion card.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by IggySD
I think you just need a Platinum Card for Centurion lounge - not an actual Centurion card.
Correct. A regular (non DL) Platinum Amex gets you in.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 9:18 am

Programs: DL (ex-NW) Plat pining for self-serve WC's and real cheese
Any idea of whether UA has more flights/passengers at LAS than DL? I would assume it's about equal. Yet UA saw fit to open a club there (actually CO did). I would love a DL club at LAS.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by DCAflyer81
Any idea of whether UA has more flights/passengers at LAS than DL? I would assume it's about equal. Yet UA saw fit to open a club there (actually CO did). I would love a DL club at LAS.
Me too hopefully united will screw up the las united club like they do everything else and delta will swoop in. Dare to dream cant I?
Old Jun 24, 2016, 9:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DCAflyer81
Well, from LAS Delta serves ATL, JFK, CVG, SLC, MSP, LAX, SEA, DTW, SAN, SJC

United serves IAH, EWR, DEN, SFO, ORD, IAD, LAX

So it would appear that Delta has a bit more traffic than UA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.