Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Gate Lice are coming... the GATE LICE are coming

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Gate Lice are coming... the GATE LICE are coming

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2013, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
Friday night I'd say more than 1/2 of the flight was gate licing (is that the proper way of saying it) for the SLC-ATL redeye.
It all makes sense now. The real problem is that DL doesn't keep enough delicing equipment around.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Builderman
It all makes sense now. The real problem is that DL doesn't keep enough delicing equipment around.
Need more orange spray.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by gooselee
Suppose not. But related question: What's the point of zone SKY on fights where FOs are being upgraded? Seems like all the SP eligible pax would already be in PREM, right?
Non-upgradable companion tickets?
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:07 am

Programs: DL-DM, 2MM; AA,QF,UA, WN. Every imaginable hotel program
I can't say that I really mind people getting in line early...I know how frustrating it is to find OH space in short supply or nonexistent. As long as things remain orderly.

I hate it when there is a huge, disorganized cloud of lice in the boarding area blocking access to the Sky Priority lane. Or when a late arriving DYKWIA F pax bullys (or is that "bullies"?) his way up to the front thinking he must be the only pax traveling in F.

Last edited by DLFan2; Feb 26, 2013 at 12:16 pm
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:16 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by DLFan2
I can't say that I really mind people getting in line early...I know how frustrating it is to find OH space in short supply or nonexistent. As long as things remain orderly.

I hate it when there is a huge, disorganized cloud of lice in the boarding area blocking access to the Sky Priority lane. Or when a late arriving DYKWIA F pax bullys (or is that "bullies"?) his way up to the front thinking he must be the only traveling in F.
Maybe the solution is for DL to create lice lines for SKY, Zone 1 and Zone 2. (Are there still Zones 3 and 4?) Let them line up against the wall and then march onto the plane in single file. I've seen it done in NRT.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
I hate it when there is a huge, disorganized cloud of lice in the boarding area blocking access to the Sky Priority lane. Or when a late arriving DYKWIA F pax bullys (or is that "bullies"?) his way up to the front thinking he must be the only traveling in F.
I've been in that situation myself - arrive at the gate 30 minutes from departure, hoard of folks clamoring around - excuse me....

Once I got the .... "this is Zone 1 only .... they just got done boarding first class..." from a fellow passenger spread eagled across the Sky Priority lane protecting his louse spot (you've all seen it - shoulder width apart stance, roller at arms length to the side covering 6 plus feet of carpet left to right)

....And just the other day...as a quasi louse about 2 minutes before boarding (right after the pre-boards) had the question asked of me ....are you Zone 1? Well, at least she asked before "bullying" her way past me. No ma'am, FC.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
The DYKWIA lice are the ones that annoy me. We've all seen the ones who see what is obviously a line for FC already formed and decide they're not going to the back of the line. Instead they try to wedge in because they must be more important than those of us already in line.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL MM Gold
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
... Instead they try to wedge in because they must be more important than those of us already in line.
If they received their lice-in-training certificate over at WN, they're trying to line everybody up in numerical SM membership order by peeking at your BP, like some Australian Blue Heeler. Unless they purchased an Early Bird Sky Priority Cut-the-Queue BP for an extra $30.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by amolkold
SkyTeam Elite Plus passengers who aren't upgrade eligible? Alaska MVP Gold members who weren't upgraded? Elites who are with companions and didn't clear the upgrade?
Originally Posted by sethb
Non-upgradable companion tickets?
Ahh, good calls...my addled brain sometimes doesn't figure things out on its own.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
The DYKWIA lice are the ones that annoy me. We've all seen the ones who see what is obviously a line for FC already formed and decide they're not going to the back of the line. Instead they try to wedge in because they must be more important than those of us already in line.
This is why I always try to get a seat in the back of F when UGed. Those in the first few rows are not only competing with crew for limited overhead space, but those in the bulkhead also have to put both carry-ons up top; lest, gasp, one should have to put a bag a few rows back and either wait a few extra seconds to deplane or depend on the kindness of strangers to pass the bag forward. If I'm in the back row in F, I don't have to worry about the wedgies or the planters, even if I'm the last to board in F there will almost always be room in the overhead near my bag.

Even in EC, the last row means no worries about OH space.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Yeh, that's the problem - Americans mastering the art of queueing.....where do you fly? Certainly not ATL.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 1:52 pm
mdb

I hate it when there is a huge, disorganized cloud of lice in the boarding area blocking access to the Sky Priority lane. Or when a late arriving DYKWIA F pax bullys (or is that "bullies"?) his way up to the front thinking he must be the only pax traveling in F.
Yea this is a tough situation. I know that often when I arrive at the boarding area and F is called - you have to battle thorough the cloud to get to the SP line.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 2:02 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Originally Posted by Bicostal
Yeh, that's the problem - Americans mastering the art of queueing.....where do you fly? Certainly not ATL.
LAS
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Had a friend show me this picture he snapped recently. Maybe you shouldn't sleep on those pillows anymore.

Old Feb 28, 2013, 3:06 am

I'm new to DL as I have done nearly all my US flying with AA until now. Since the tie up with VA (Virgin Australia), I've been putting some business over to DL.

In January I was flying ATL-SFO in first (I forget the flight number) and I joined the SP queue for first when boarding was called. I was then rather unceremoniously bumped aside by Mr. Bossy Boots who believed he was the only one travelling in First. I told him to get to the back of the queue, at which point he said that he was Gold Medallion which meant that he was more important!

It was my first real experience of DYKWIA on DL. I feel I'm part of the place now!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.